Luke Thomas: Tenshin is much better striker than Conor

Well you left out all the failures and tried to paint it as rose colored as possible to fir your argument. So I painted a more complete and accurate picture.

Yes, Kaoklai is a 175er, you think that's not majorly relevant when fighting against HWs? Dude is a warrior, and a very impressive fighter but his success at HW wasn't the best as one would expect.

I think you're under the wrong impression that my argument is about Botha being some great kick boxer.

It's merely about him doing a lot better than Ray Mercer, which you used as an example and that boxers can adapt to fight under different striking rules.

That's why I don't emphasise his losses, for a guy that crossed over to have 7-8 fights in his first year against guys like Bonjasky, Aerts, LeBanner and even Abidi, even losing decisions proves he could fight.

Lol at the Conor nuthuggers itt suggesting he is a better striker than Tenshin.

Do you guys even watch mma/kickboxing/boxing at all? Conor is a great striker for MMA since most MMA fighters suck at things such as footwork (which not Ido level expert, but Conor is pretty good at). But thats about it. He isn't great by any other measure than against other mma fighters.

Tenshin is a MUCH better striker than Conor and its really not even close. I suggest the naysayers actually watch this kids fights n then come back itt

it's unbelievable just how terrible luke thomas is. not even talking about his technical knowledge. watching him break moves down is unintentionally funny. it's more his overall demeanor and personality. you can tell that he's a hothead, even when he tries being nice. a lot of what he says comes across as passive-aggressive, or hell just plain-aggressive at times. not sure how others can work with him.

Of course his personality made him a star, of couse he has other skills boxers would need to develop ... but it’s becoming farcical how Conor now always has far inferior striking/grappling/etc than xyz (insert here most fighters from mma or specific disciplines) ... anyone is mentioned in any context and soon enough the topic becomes “he would kick Conor’s ass” ... just pointing it out. :)

I think Tenshin would beat Conor in a kickboxing match.

It would be competitive because of Conor’s size advantage but I still think Tenshin takes it.

i knew conor was gonna get defeatedmultiple times as soon as he said the muay thai stance was slow plodding etc. He have no idea. He gets tired because of his idiotic karatejumping weirdo style. Muay thai fighters dont get tired that fast because of no wasted movement. Chill when we need to explode when we need to. Also muay thai kicks actually does damage compared to conors slapkicks. His trainer was even completely ignorant about boxing and had no idea the interview i saw. Conor has some natural talent but not elite at any levels

He gets tired because he is inefficient with that style.

Look at Stephen Thompson. He can bounce in and out for days.

it's unbelievable just how terrible luke thomas is. not even talking about his technical knowledge. watching him break moves down is unintentionally funny. it's more his overall demeanor and personality. you can tell that he's a hothead, even when he tries being nice. a lot of what he says comes across as passive-aggressive, or hell just plain-aggressive at times. not sure how others can work with him.

You're free to dislike Luke, but there's nothing outrageous about what he said in that video.

Tenshin is a credentialed pure striker. Conor isn't. End of story.

I think you're under the wrong impression that my argument is about Botha being some great kick boxer.

It's merely about him doing a lot better than Ray Mercer, which you used as an example and that boxers can adapt to fight under different striking rules.

That's why I don't emphasise his losses, for a guy that crossed over to have 7-8 fights in his first year against guys like Bonjasky, Aerts, LeBanner and even Abidi, even losing decisions proves he could fight.

I never said a boxer can't adapt to fight under a different rule set. If you paid attention the discussion was about whether or not boxers are the superior strikers.
I used Mercer to illustrate how inept boxers are to dealing with other strikes than punches. You having to bring up a boxer who had to adapt and train in another discipline already shows that boxing itself is lacking and the fact that his KB career wasn't a success also means that it's not the best sport to come from if you want to deal with the complete spectrum of striking.

Obviously he could fight. The dude was still a world champion boxer.

Look at the butt hurt Conor fans. Don't even know what their fighter is good at "bu... bu...but that left hand shot" <45><45><45>

I never said a boxer can't adapt to fight under a different rule set. If you paid attention the discussion was about whether or not boxers are the superior strikers.
I used Mercer to illustrate how inept boxers are to dealing with other strikes than punches. You having to bring up a boxer who had to adapt and train in another discipline already shows that boxing itself is lacking and the fact that his KB career wasn't a success also means that it's not the best sport to come from if you want to deal with the complete spectrum of striking.

Obviously he could fight. The dude was still a world champion boxer.

I've quoted you on a post where you said boxers can't deal with anything bellow belly button, not on them being or not superior. But I accept moving the goalpost as a legit argumentation on forums.

Anyway, I'll pay more attention in the future, cheers.

I've quoted you on a post where you said boxers can't deal with anything bellow belly button, not on them being or not superior. But I accept moving the goalpost as a legit argumentation on forums.

Anyway, I'll pay more attention in the future, cheers.

Uhm, you understand one post is part of a bigger discussion, right? Ever heard of the phrase "taking something out of context" You literally ignored the context and you misquoted me now too.

But he is a flyweight. No matter how good he is, he is too small for either Floyd or Conor.

Nobody is better than Conor.
Nobody......
GenerousRemoteBergerpicard-small.gif

In terms of striking skills, Tenshin absolutely is better than Conor, its not even controversial. Conor is however, much bigger.

Back