Media Lyoto Machida bets "ALL HIS MONEY" on Alex Pereira to beat Izzy

Its funny how people have such strong feelings how this fight will go and the base is purely if they like Izzy or not. Terrible, terrible betting.

I’m confused. Why is Machida there? I thought he retired under the Bellator banner. What have I missed?

I’m confused. Why is Machida there? I thought he retired under the Bellator banner. What have I missed?
That he fought in the UFC the majority of his career and is Brazilian like one of the main card fighters. You should pay more attention.

I think it's more about being 3-0 against Izzy..
Except he's not. He's 1-0 in the sport they're competing in tonight, and it was a come from behind finish in the last round. They competed 2 other times in a different sport 6-7 years ago with no clinching or grappling and bigger gloves. That's like putting Mayweather as the favorite against Conor in MMA because "he already beat him last time".

Pereira should win again, but that has more to do with getting the KO 5 months ago and very little to do with their kickboxing bouts from 2016 and 2017.

Lyoto doesn't seem like the type of guy to piss his money away.

That he fought in the UFC the majority of his career and is Brazilian like one of the main card fighters. You should pay more attention.
Silly me. How could I have forgot he is Brazilian and fought in the UFC?
Thought there was maybe more to it. Calm your tits.

Pretty sure he's using a figure of speech. But as to his prediction it's perfectly reasonable if you look at the track record here.

That's a retarded bet when Izzy won the majority of the first fight and shown he can catch and hurt Pereira. When Izzy is still a betting favourite it should tell just how risky it actually is.
And Alex has shown he can’t just hurt Izzy but can KO him stiff. He’s won 3 times against Izzy I’d say it’s the safe bet. Alex has shown he can beat him, Izzy hasn’t shown he can beat Alex or survive without getting knocked out

Except he's not. He's 1-0 in the sport they're competing in tonight, and it was a come from behind finish in the last round. They competed 2 other times in a different sport 6-7 years ago with no clinching or grappling and bigger gloves. That's like putting Mayweather as the favorite against Conor in MMA because "he already beat him last time".

Pereira should win again, but that has more to do with getting the KO 5 months ago and very little to do with their kickboxing bouts from 2016 and 2017.
Lol since when is Izzy a clinch fighter

Has a Brazilian ever picked against another Brazilian. They seem fiercely nationalistic.

If he's serious, it's too risky. A freak accident can happen. Pereira might break his leg like Anderson Silva.

It's better to stay on a budget and play with a certain amount you can afford to lose.
It's also worth considering that some thought Izzy should've won his first kickboxing match with Pereira and was likely on his way to winning their MMA fight if their hadn't been a last minute finish.

If the fight goes the distance, Izzy has a pretty good chance of winning based on the past. Maybe Izzy is super shook (he's acting kind of deranged) and bound to lose, but I wouldn't bet a significant amount of my savings on it. This is for speculation money only.

Yo that ufc 98 main event I watched with my boys when we were like 18, that shit made me a fucking hardcore that night haven’t missed an event since.
I feel ya, we’re about the same age then. PPV cards back then were insane. We had a fight party for bj Penn vs GSP 2 my double wide trailer was packed yo it was electric those days were the best face the pain song blaring mike Goldberg screaming nonsense. We had an even bigger one for ufc 100 when hendo knocked out bisping everybody went nuts!

You gotta consider the mental factor of those KB fights though. I don't think they're too relevant in terms of judging how a mma fight will go 6-7 years later, different sport and both guys have evolved and are different fighters. However, the fact that Perreira beat him twice and KO'd him, on top of beating him in mma certainly plays a factor mentally. We know Izzy is thinking about all those fights. I don't know how it will affect Izzy, but I know it certainly gives Perreira a lot of confidence.

Back