M1a socom 16/ii

stik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone own a M1A SOCOM 16, or the SOCOM II? I've been looking into them and was wondering if any of yall have an opinion on them. Lemme know if you do.

Never shot one, but they look like nice rifles. If I was looking for a semi-auto .308, I would get one in a AR type platform. But you couldn't go wrong either way.

The rail system on the socom II adds a lot of weight, something to consider comparing it to a socom 16. M1As are one of the most reliable 308 rifles. Consider that an M1A has something like 62 parts and an AR-10 has ~120 (these numbers are off the top of my head, but they're 1 or 2 off at most). An M1A is a simple, effective, reliable, battle tested rifle that will serve you well.

The rail system on the socom II adds a lot of weight, something to consider comparing it to a socom 16. M1As are one of the most reliable 308 rifles. Consider that an M1A has something like 62 parts and an AR-10 has ~120 (these numbers are off the top of my head, but they're 1 or 2 off at most). An M1A is a simple, effective, reliable, battle tested rifle that will serve you well.

Yeah the rails do add weight, but it'd be nice to be able to add accessories on each side and bottom if needed. I've also read that the rails detach rather easily. The real problem is the price and wait! I've heard around $2,000 and up, and up to a year's wait time!
The news just mentions assault weapons ban, and the shelves are empty.

Back