Mackenzie Dern returns at LFA 24 | Phoenix, AZ (Friday, October 13th)

Being Caucasian + competing in a weight category sport is not a good combination for staying slim mid-20's and beyond. Just saying!

Being Caucasian + competing in a weight category sport is not a good combination for staying slim mid-20's and beyond. Just saying!

It goes without saying that competing in an elite weight category sport means a woman's natural weight is 20-30 pounds over her competition weigh in.

No way around that. Either brutally suppressed weight gain potential or massive steroid use is in the picture.

It's called science.

What do you think will happen first: MKNZ improves and impresses Sherdoggers with her standup, or Sherdoggers stop turning threads about female fighters into debates about how hot they are or not?

What do you think will happen first: MKNZ improves and impresses Sherdoggers with her standup, or Sherdoggers stop turning threads about female fighters into debates about how hot they are or not?
If Dern didn’t very obviously and deliberately use her sexuality and attractiveness to promote her brand you might have a point..

It goes without saying that competing in an elite weight category sport means a woman's natural weight is 20-30 pounds over her competition weigh in.

No way around that. Either brutally suppressed weight gain potential or massive steroid use is in the picture.

It's called science.

That sounds like a bit much for lower categories, but what I was really referring to is that weight cutting really mess up your body's ability to maintain weight. More often than not former competitors balloon after their competition days end.

That sounds like a bit much for lower categories, but what I was really referring to is that weight cutting really mess up your body's ability to maintain weight. More often than not former competitors balloon after their competition days end.

this is totally true.

she's still a good athlete. she'll have more opportunities because she's pretty, but does her being attractive mean it's okay for a bunch of chucklefucks on sherdog to nitpick her appearance?

and like, i'm not saying it's wrong to be attracted or not be attracted to someone, and it's okay to have reasons, but maybe with the knowledge that a lot of women carry physical and emotional pain through life because of how pretty/not pretty they are, maybe we keep the nitpicking to ourselves?

also, i usually find rage pretty funny and realize he exaggerates quite a bit for comedic effect, but dude should be ashamed of some of these posts. even if that's how your brain works, that's shit you keep to yourself.

she's still a good athlete. she'll have more opportunities because she's pretty, but does her being attractive mean it's okay for a bunch of chucklefucks on sherdog to nitpick her appearance?

and like, i'm not saying it's wrong to be attracted or not be attracted to someone, and it's okay to have reasons, but maybe with the knowledge that a lot of women carry physical and emotional pain through life because of how pretty/not pretty they are, maybe we keep the nitpicking to ourselves?

dang, you sound like a decent guy!

Man, you guys are redic with all this hairsplitting.
1-Dern is not fat for a regular, non-pro athlete chick. She is avg. Not skinny, not fat. Not technically overweight. Avg. Some will like her meat,. Some like them skinnier.
2- Amongst pro-athletes, she is overweight, especially for her weight class. She is giving up physical advantages to lower body-fat women like Meisha, Rose, Rhonda (in prime), etc. Her BJJ skils have made up for it, but one day, it may not be enough. I think we saw that in ADCC very recently, where she lost to a physical, hungry beast (brown belt I think though, or very new black?). who outworked and out hustled her, despite lack of experience and skills vs Dern imo. Dern in prime shape never loses to that chick.

Man, you guys are redic with all this hairsplitting.
1-Dern is not fat for a regular, non-pro athlete chick. She is avg. Not skinny, not fat. Not technically overweight. Avg. Some will like her meat,. Some like them skinnier.
2- Amongst pro-athletes, she is overweight, especially for her weight class. She is giving up physical advantages to lower body-fat women like Meisha, Rose, Rhonda (in prime), etc. Her BJJ skils have made up for it, but one day, it may not be enough. I think we saw that in ADCC very recently, where she lost to a physical, hungry beast (brown belt I think though, or very new black?). who outworked and out hustled her, despite lack of experience and skills vs Dern imo. Dern in prime shape never loses to that chick.
This

I wouldn't really call Dern fat exactly, even though she's been getting lazy about her camps lately.

That being said, bullying saves lives and fat shaming is a public service.

i think people'd be less inclined to eat their feelings and try doing something physical to make themselves feel better if other people would be a little bit more fucking compassionate. it's not like they don't know they're fat and awkward. you can be helpful and motivate people without making them feel more ashamed of themselves than they already are...

and like, yeah, everyone could probably use some self improvement, and yeah, some people let themselves get to a point where they're literally hurting themselves, but shame?

shame is what people should feel for the shitty things they *do*, not who they *are*

That being said, bullying saves lives and fat shaming is a public service.

You're a very stupid person, and I doubt that anyone with a third grade education respects you or your poorly formed ideas any more than I do (which, if you're confused on the matter, is not at all).

You're a very stupid person, and I doubt that anyone with a third grade education respects you or your poorly formed ideas any more than I do (which, if you're confused on the matter, is not at all).
Well I’d be amazed if a third grader had the vocab to understand him so respecting him would be difficult given that they couldn’t understand him or recognize sarcasm and/or humor

Back