Magnet fishing

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I didn't even know this was a thing until this article popped up in my feed.

https://www.npr. org/2022/08/11/1116753177/magnet-fishing-hobby-explained-neodymium-china-green-tech

(Remove the space between "npr." and "org" if you want to read it. For some reason the link wasn't working right.)

The article is about something boring, but the interesting takeaway for me was that there are people who use magnets to go "fishing" for metal objects in lakes and rivers.

Now check out this photo:
untitled-1--fe04355711c258a1e4c878ba9adaf3183fc46f79-s900-c85.webp

Those are all the guns this one dude found.

That's fucking crazy. There's only one reason a person throws a gun in the water.

Each one of those is probably a key to an unsolved murder

Last edited:
Yeah i used to do it with metal hook and rope back in day

Found classmates dads fishing rod that he dropped 10 years ago lol

LOL I read the article and this shit is such a lie:

Cowart and his brother have also pulled up guns that have helped solve cold cases, he said.

"No murders, but they were all gun store robberies and stuff that was stolen from some elder elderly people, you know, that closed some of the cases that were out in Athens, [Ga.],"

Nobody steals guns and then throws them in the river without using them for murder first. There's no point. You only steal a gun if you want to keep it, sell it, or murder someone with it.

I think the local cops just don't want to reopen a bunch of old cases.

I was hoping this thread was about a new magnet that works on fish bones

I thought this was gonna be about how polluted our waters are now days

I mean, I could just go to my local market and buy fish… any kind I want.

I didn't even know this was a thing until this article popped up in my feed.

https://www.npr. org/2022/08/11/1116753177/magnet-fishing-hobby-explained-neodymium-china-green-tech

(Remove the space between "npr." and "org" if you want to read it. For some reason the link wasn't working right.)

The article is about something boring, but the interesting takeaway for me was that there are people who use magnets to go "fishing" for metal objects in lakes and rivers.

Now check out this photo:
untitled-1--fe04355711c258a1e4c878ba9adaf3183fc46f79-s900-c85.webp

Those are all the guns this one dude found.

That's fucking crazy. There's only one reason a person throws a gun in the water.

Each one of those is probably a key to an unsolved murder
Bro, I hope he at least brought them down the to the popo station to see if they could get a serial # to trace it.

Fuckin magnets, how do they work?

And I don't wanna talk to no scientist, yall motherfuckers lyin and making me pissed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back