Social Major study finds Gender Affirming Care has no significant effect on suicide rate

[/QUOTE]
I think there's good reason to believe that a significant portion, if not a majority, of conservatives do dislike transgenders. Here's a pew poll that asked whether greater acceptance of transgenders is good or bad
ft_2022.02.03_transgender_03.png
Now you might argue that those who don't support acceptance of transgenders don't necessarily hate them and there might be some truth to that but its hardly a leap to assume that the party that is against greater social acceptance of transgenders might have negative feelings about them.

That's a terribly asked question though and doesn't make nearly enough distinctions to get at what people are really thinking.

There are lots of serious people from the left saying that there's no doubt that there's a social contagion going on here and that what is being called acceptance has crossed into promotion. I personally have never listened to a single right-wing person talk about this issue, but I've listened to lots of left-leaning people talk about it. They all agree that there are influencers in social media and all kinds of means by which this has become a social contagion especially affecting young women.

So when a question is asked, do you think more acceptance of transgenders is in order? Anyone who's read that data would say no.

And then do they conflate acceptance with more men in women's sports, more men raping women in prison, more men in women's shelters, more men taking women,la positions on short lists and women's funding, and more men and women's restrooms and changing rooms?

If they think of any of those more nuanced questions, they're going to answer no to whether or not transgender should be more accepted or not...

That question wasn't intelligently written enough to even give a baseline on anybody's attitude towards the issue.

There's so much misinformation coming from transactivists that it blows my mind honestly. They even pretend that a person like Kathleen Stock is trying to deny their existence which is absurd and an outright lie.

For the most part, I think transactivists are playing a linguistic game trying to tie everyone up and confuse people. There is a fair amount of propaganda going on and it has infected the way regular people speak and think about these issues.

The main tactic they use is to not debate intelligently and just start accusing someone of being a bigot for having the positions they do and I think in general most people from the left play the same game because that's all they've heard and that's all they know.

@mkess101

It's a funny study because it's trying to disprove something that hasn't been proven. There's no evidence in the literature that transition can reduce suicide rate; it was always an assumption made by biased/malicious parties like activists and the medical industry. Idiots just went along with it because they were told that they were superior and virtuous for advocating for it.

The butchering of young people before they can even get to grips with who they are is very sick, like a blood sacrifice. Also makes them dependent on the medical industry forever to replace lost hormones. Each transition itself is $50,000 + profit to the medical industry for surgeries and other care. Under socialized healthcare we even have to foot the bill for it.

People with certain disorders like autism and BPD often get roped into gender ideology as children because of the characteristics of their illness. Autism involves impaired social relations and fixation on certain subjects, e.g. fixating on gender transition, believing it will fix all their problems. BPD involves a diffuse self identity, and transition could be seen as a magic pill for these people looking to fill the hole - but it won't work. In the rush to "validate" identities there's barely any screening to make sure that people don't make a terrible mistake.

It should be prohibited in children, imo. This bullshit that kids barely old enough to work with decimals and fractions should be given hormone blockers / exogenous hormone therapy to "affirm" their gender on top of surgeries that permanently disfigure (or "refigure") them is quackery and extremely high risk for the "do no harm" field.

All that being said, I think it is low character to mock trans people for how they look, but I feel that way in general about everyone. Trans people should not be held above reproach or to a higher standard of protection from mockery as oppose to, let's say, the mockery that white deep southerners face about being incestual half wits. People should just not be assholes to other people for the sake of it. Part of that problem, is, though -- the trans community is on the offensive so it puts anti-trans people on the offensive. You get a pretty harsh response when you want to make sure other people's children know about your gender, sexuality, etc. and it's going to be very visceral.

As far as adults go, trans it up. I'm all for it. Do your thing. Just don't expect me to let you teach my 6 year old about it. You get the same constitutional protections as everyone else, not more, not less.

I find it odd, fwiw, that it is so much more prevalent (about 3x) in "cis males" than "cis females." Much like suicide and almost every mental health issue.
we should discuss separately permanent surgeries and temporary treatments like puberty blockers.

I have a quick question. Are there any studies out documenting how many autistic people get a diagnosis of gender dysphoria?

I have a quick question. Are there any studies out documenting how many autistic people get a diagnosis of gender dysphoria?
I cannot provide a link, but there is definitely a connection between autism and gender dysphoria and it's one of the comorbidities that has been discovered have not been taken into account nearly enough when diagnosing a person.

Puberty blockers taken for sufficient time cause permanent changes though. The idea that a kid can take them for years and later reverse the decision with no permanent consequences is a lie.
thank you doctor........

surely one can see how traumatic it could be for an individual with gender dysphoria to approach and go through puberty knowing that they will forever exhibit the characteristics of the gender they (believe they) wish to leave behind. not saying these individuals would have wanted this, more a general comment.

many anti-trans people will mock the appearance of trans people while denying an option that could enable their appearance to better match their gender.

again, it should not be the norm, but it shouldn't be prohibited, imo. and we should continue to study the long term effects of course.
I do find it strange that so many here in the US really are not feminine at all. When people look at Rachel Levine, he just screams mental problems. Same with that guy in Game Stop....I always try to put myself in peoples shoes. If I looked in the mirror and saw that, I think I would just live as a man and throw some dresses on when no one is looking. At some point we have to face reality, we all do it.

As long as there's one study out there that says what they like, it will be the only study that matters. Even now when no such study exists, they will move forward as if it did.

I haven't taken the time to look closer at the NHS decision but I will this weekend. It's almost certainly temporary, the WHO's problem with the data is lack of randomized trials, which is almost impossible considering the patients.

Fifty years from now they'll look back at the people who did this the same way we look at those who put homosexuals in jail.

I think it more likely the situation will be compared to doctors that attempted to shock the gay out of people.

Last edited:
I think it more likely it'll be compared to doctors that attempted to shock the gay out of people.

You know what I should have said? It'll be compared to British doctors chemically castrating homosexuals.

I didn't because it's too close to puberty blockers and I didn't want to add such a negative angle to them, but it would have been the more honest comment.

If the boys don't get turned into girls, then they will suicide.... wait... that was all a propaganda lie by the Left Cult?

this is what I mean. without right wing christian bigots to poison the conversation and left wing tribalists to be unwilling to look at the issues because of them england has already figured out puberty blockers are harming kids. and it only took this long because data was hidden...

imagine that... intelligent conversation is better than petty partisan closed mindedness.

tavistock has covered up data showing harm and the "doctors" were so involved in the MOVEMENT that they were unable to analyze data honestly.... and there is not a for profit medical system WANTING to profit off of it over there. LGBTQ activists are so cut throat that doctors who new better were afraid to speak out.

I guess england is a bigot and wants to deny the existence of trans people.

Last edited:
The suicidal tendencies of transgendered people comes from how they get shit on by society for being themselves, or how they have to hide how they feel all the time, which is also stressful. I know someone who went to prison for beating up a cop over nothing. I know someone who I think (don't know) shot someone over cocaine. It is well know in the town I grew up in in the 90s that the price for a murder was $300. There were lots of hitmen. People act like murder and suicide is like this huge jump, or insanity, and they just aren't. They are regular things regular people do when they are in a shitty situation. I would personally kill myself if I had to wear formal business clothing every day. I don't think I'd make it.

Mother fuckers who have never even seen a transgendered person in real life, and who couldn't name five women (cis and trans combined) who trust them, spend all day on the fucking internet cooking up arguements for why they should be allowed to bother, assault, harass, and use politics and the law against transgendered people and then wonder why their suicide rate is so high.

You fucking pussies had a meltdown when the Little Mermaid was black. You're still talking about Anita Sarkisian and worried that M&Ms are too woke. You're trash. And you're bullies and the reason strangers kill themselves. That the abusers don't see what the big deal is, is obvious. You can be abusive in passing. The lion doesn't remember every fucking rabbit.

this is what I mean. without right wing christian bigots to poison the conversation and left wing tribalists to be unwilling to look at the issues because of them england has already figured out puberty blockers are harming kids. and it only took this long because data was hidden...

imagine that... intelligent conversation is better than petty partisan closed mindedness.

tavistock has covered up data showing harm and the "doctors" were so involved in the MOVEMENT that they were unable to analyze data honestly.... and there is not a for profit medical system WANTING to profit off of it over there. LGBTQ activists are so cut throat that doctors who new better were afraid to speak out.

I guess england is a bigot and wants to deny the existence of trans people.
The Tavistock clinic and Mermaids is far darker than not analysing data honestly.

Children would visit their GP who would refuse a referral for puberty blockers on the basis of personal knowledge of the child. The CEO of Mermaids, a charity, had a direct line to the director of the clinic so made her own referral. The lawsuits are coming in thick and fast. There was an active conspiracy to cause harm to children whilst knowing an actual medical professional was trying to prevent it.

The suicidal tendencies of transgendered people comes from how they get shit on by society for being themselves, or how they have to hide how they feel all the time, which is also stressful. I know someone who went to prison for beating up a cop over nothing. I know someone who I think (don't know) shot someone over cocaine. It is well know in the town I grew up in in the 90s that the price for a murder was $300. There were lots of hitmen. People act like murder and suicide is like this huge jump, or insanity, and they just aren't. They are regular things regular people do when they are in a shitty situation. I would personally kill myself if I had to wear formal business clothing every day. I don't think I'd make it.

Mother fuckers who have never even seen a transgendered person in real life, and who couldn't name five women (cis and trans combined) who trust them, spend all day on the fucking internet cooking up arguements for why they should be allowed to bother, assault, harass, and use politics and the law against transgendered people and then wonder why their suicide rate is so high.

You fucking pussies had a meltdown when the Little Mermaid was black. You're still talking about Anita Sarkisian and worried that M&Ms are too woke. You're trash. And you're bullies and the reason strangers kill themselves. That the abusers don't see what the big deal is, is obvious. You can be abusive in passing. The lion doesn't remember every fucking rabbit.
Technically there's zero transgender people since no actual gender transfer has ever occurred.

There's people that PRETEND to be transgender and are in various stages of commitment to that fantasy, ranging from basically just claiming they are and screaming if you don't believe them, to the seriously fucked in the head ones that cut body parts off.

A very sad situation.

I agree with any sentiment that would create extremely harsh penalties for anyone that mocks or denigrates a trans person.

However, your initial statement doesn't stand up to facts. It is exactly the opposite even we are finding that trans people often have other comorbidities that are leading to the depression and suicide and that suicide rates don't really change if a person can't get treated for being trans.

I would never say being mistreated in society doesn't contribute to depression or suicide though, but what we're finding out is that these people are often molested or have autism and have other mental health issues that are strong contributors.

Also in europe where there are no right-wing Christian bigoted movements to poison the conversation. If you start threatening any panel that is discussing limiting trans rites with suicide, they will roundly mock you and tell you to get f***** for trying to shut down honest dialogue. The suicide threat along with pretending people that oppose certain trans rights are trying to deny trans people's existence is a lie and a dishonest talking point that transactivists have created. Everywhere where open, dialogue is allowed that kind of b******* is quickly called out.

Oh, I don't wonder a fucking thing. I know it's because it's because they are mentally deranged and the mentally ill are prone to severe self harm.

Back