Media Makachev wants to fight Leon Edwards in Abu Dhabi

Thread blowing up fast.

Anyway its a known fact that Leon has lost multiple sparring session with Islam at AKA.

That was years ago though.

Oh volk can but not Islam?
Atleast Volk had defended and made the challengers look like bums. Called out Islam who was considered to be a bad matchup for him.

I think what's putting people off now is Islam haven't defended against a LW contender and is calling out a favorable matchup.

I don’t think anything will come out of this though. The anticipation isn't there for this one.

He defended his title against the #1 p4p a few months after taking out the #3 p4p.

Pretty obvious the Islam haters know he'd probably win.

Hey, I can't pretend it's not an exciting fight. I'll meet you halfway there. But personally, the divisions are healthier if champs actually fight people in their divisions.

Furthermore, I don't see people clamoring for Islam vs Leon just yet. If he destroys a few more LW contenders, I'll happily be there clamoring for a WW superfight, right there with you

I think he would have remained quiet had Usman won.

Just a bit of self-promotion. Getting his name out and piggybacking off the attention of a titlefight he otherwsie had nothing to do with. No biggie.

It ain't happening anyways.

Of course, but nearly doesn’t count. He won.
I know he won. I agree that he won. I scored it for him.

What is so "haha" or "lmao" about him nearly losing though? That was a hard ass fight. I think that's the point of the post you replied to. Was a war.

I mean he did nearly lose.... Pretty sure that's universally agreed on?
The guy doesn't understand the context and why I brought up that it was a near loss

These Islam fans aren't the sharpest tools in the shed

I know he won. I agree that he won. I scored it for him.

What is so "haha" or "lmao" about him nearly losing though? That was a hard ass fight. I think that's the point of the post you replied to. Was a war.
Because pointing out how Islam “nearly lost” is absolutely pointless and asinine, people that do that think they’re proving a point but they’re not. Islam won.

Abu Dhabi is definitely considered home turf for the Dagestanis.

It's just weird acting like it isn't. Even Khabib said Abu Dhabi is home field.

So .. The people you're defending disagree with you.
That's sort of a home-turf...because they got something in common, religion. They root for a muslim fighter that is a champion.
If Kamaru or Francis fought in Africa somewhere, they would also get some sort of a home-turf, because fans would associate with them just based on continental geography. However, it isn't a home-turf that Leon or Volk (funny enough they are Jamaican and Macedonian by heritage) gets, because they are actually born there and live there and have citizenship there and their national identity is based there. But people here acting that Islam only wants to fight in Abu Dhabi cause it's his home turf, it isn't. That's what Dana wants, he wants the interest and dollars.

Colby is entertaining and Islam is not. Follow the money.

Back