Makhachev vs Shavkat

PEDRO IVO RUSSO MIRANDA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In recent interviews Islam seems to be unsatisfied with LW situation.
Seems like DP(the next contender ) Ins't a big name anymore, at least not the same when he fought Khabib and Charles.
Arman is a good fighter, but unfortunately not a big name.
Due to all those things, seems like Islam want to move to WW.
I know the actual champ is edwards, and islam possibly have at least 2 more figths in LW.

I dont want to discuss the probability of Islam vs Rakhmonov materializing or not
But I'm just curious to know what you guys think about that figth?

Conditions :
Both with full camp
Neutral territory
Both make perfect 170 lbs weigth , good weigth cutting etc.
Islam properly add weigth to match a WW physique.

I think Islam is most skilled, but Shavkath just have all the physical advantages

In distance I think shavkath have the advantage, since he's longer.
I think he have a better boxing skill, more power and is more aggressive.
Islam have good kicks, but I dunno how he does it against a taller guy. He's defense and footwork are better I think.

Both have an awfull clinches, Shavkath have a better dirty boxe and elbow strikes, probably due to his lanky and tall physique, but I think islam have more tools here, more trips and many others judo takedowns.

Seems like both have a good cardio and a good finish rate, I think it would be a real war and very bloody figth.

What your troughs about it ?

I think Shavkat KOs him 🤷‍♂️
I actually thought the exact same thing. Shavkat is a bad dude. So is Islam, but Shavkat's step back, or more like a hop back right is so awesome to watch. His awkward movements is so hard to deal with. I think Usman from a few years ago would've been his most difficult matchup. I can't think of anyone else that would beat him at the moment. I think Belal or Edwards are the only 2 that have a shot

After seeing how Shavkat somehow just snatched the choke with pure willpower, against Geoff Neal in the last minute of round 3, I have been more impressed of his performances than Laura Sanko is.

And I think if one of these guys is going to be champ at 170, the other one somehow is not that interested in going up a weight class.

dream match, the two most skilled fighters in the world

i think shavkat takes it. he is quite big and fearless. Islam would have a hard time outgrappling him or hurting him badly. shavkat can definately hurt islam
Shavkat definitely would give Islam all he can handle, he is bigger, has more power, aggressive etc, also a Sambo "blackbelt" so to speak etc, so would be familiar with Islam's techniques. One area though I think Islam has an edge is still grappling, I think if Islam gets Shavkat down, he will keep him there, and outgrapple him. I don't know about submitting him, but he can control him there.

If he keeps it standing though, it would be a tough fight. Shavkat does have sloppy striking, so it's possible for Islam to outscore him, but it would be dangerous.

Last edited:
Not enough data in the sense that we don't know how Islam looks at 170. To try and guess how he'd fare against the most well-rounded fighter in that division with no context is too abstract.

In recent interviews Islam seems to be unsatisfied with LW situation.
Seems like DP(the next contender ) Ins't a big name anymore, at least not the same when he fought Khabib and Charles.
Arman is a good fighter, but unfortunately not a big name.
Due to all those things, seems like Islam want to move to WW.
I know the actual champ is edwards, and islam possibly have at least 2 more figths in LW.

I dont want to discuss the probability of Islam vs Rakhmonov materializing or not
But I'm just curious to know what you guys think about that figth?

Conditions :
Both with full camp
Neutral territory
Both make perfect 170 lbs weigth , good weigth cutting etc.
Islam properly add weigth to match a WW physique.

I think Islam is most skilled, but Shavkath just have all the physical advantages

In distance I think shavkath have the advantage, since he's longer.
I think he have a better boxing skill, more power and is more aggressive.
Islam have good kicks, but I dunno how he does it against a taller guy. He's defense and footwork are better I think.

Both have an awfull clinches, Shavkath have a better dirty boxe and elbow strikes, probably due to his lanky and tall physique, but I think islam have more tools here, more trips and many others judo takedowns.

Seems like both have a good cardio and a good finish rate, I think it would be a real war and very bloody figth.

What your troughs about it ?
Islam already committed to fighting Arman if he beats Dustin.

I don’t see Islam fighting another Muslim tbh. Shavkat has trained with them before if I’m not mistaken.

Shavkat's hype is actually getting ridiculous. His best wins are Geoff Neal, who he made look a million bucks. Ian Garry made far easier work of Neal and people shat on Garry for that performance, which shows you how far from reality most Sherdoggers are. And a 41 year old injured Wonderboy who had lost 2 of his previous 3 fights.

I'm high on Shavkat but his hype is too much compared to what he's actually done in the sport. He's basically still unknown against the elite.

Last edited:
can't believe it's 2024 and Shavkat isn't champion yet, but it's just a matter of time...

Shavkat has been lowkey exposed in his last couple fights. Im not confident that he even gets passed JDM tbh

Islam is levels ahead of him in the wrestling department so I could see him controlling the fight and maybe grabbing a submission in the later rounds.

Shavkat easily, he couldn't finish Volk on a full camp.

P4P Islam is more skilled but I think the physical advantages would make it difficult, I slightly lean towards Shavkat at 170

Shavkat KO’s 170lbers easily, and Islam doesn’t have Khabib’s chin.

I think shavkat flatlines Islam

Back