Making a noise when you strike

It's pretty nerdy, but I consciously changed the sound I make recently. I used to just hiss or make an "ussh" kind of noise. I recently started to actually explosively shout while I strike, and I swear it makes me feel more confident in my strikes, and I feel less tired after the round. I don't know if there's any physiological effect, but making an aggressively loud noise when you connect seems to help in some way.

Now in my videos you can hear me going "hap! hap hap!" or some weird nasal vowel noise, but the second usually only when I kick. I dunno.

It's pretty nerdy, but I consciously changed the sound I make recently. I used to just hiss or make an "ussh" kind of noise. I recently started to actually explosively shout while I strike, and I swear it makes me feel more confident in my strikes, and I feel less tired after the round. I don't know if there's any physiological effect, but making an aggressively loud noise when you connect seems to help in some way.

I yell when I start to get really tired doing pad rounds. Making a loud, aggressive noise that way seems to help me just put everything into what I throw and helps me push through.

I yell when I start to get really tired doing pad rounds. Making a loud, aggressive noise that way seems to help me just put everything into what I throw and helps me push through.

I do that especially. The last 20 seconds of bag conditioning at my gym is just a shit load of angry shouting and snarling. :icon_chee

Yup, once i get real tired is when I actually start making noises instead of a quick exhale or a "tsss"

I personally sound like I'm saying ash..hard on the A then sh to finish.

Back