Man decides to visit a violent and isolated tribe in India, gets arrowed

Eazy123

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

The AFP news agency quoted a source as saying that Chau had tried and failed to reach the island on 14 November. But then he tried again two days later.

"He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking.

"The fishermen saw the tribals tying a rope around his neck and dragging his body. They were scared and fled," the report added.

Chau's body was spotted on 20 November. According to the Hindustan Times, his remains have yet to be recovered.

An attempt to teach them Christianity nonetheless. Religion aside, why the hell would you fuck with the ways of a tribe that's been isolated for thousands of years? That's just asking for trouble. Fuck your wanderlust and leave these people alone.

On a side note, tribes like these are fascinating.

Why am I not surprised that a Christian was trying to change someone else's views?

Sounds like a self-solved problem.

they must have some crazy ass mythologies about the ships that keep studying them.

I don't blame him. I'm sick and tired of the Sentinelese knocking on my door every Sunday trying to convert me into a pagan hunter gatherer.

Sounds like a self-solved problem.
It's some of the most darwin-award deserving behavior. How special do you have to think you are that you're going to change an entire ancient culture yourself?

they must have some crazy ass mythologies about the ships that keep studying them.
That's part of what fascinates me about tribes like this. I wonder if they think of helicopters the way we think of UFOs.

It's some of the most darwin-award deserving behavior. How special do you have to think you are that you're going to change an entire ancient culture yourself?
they must think the outside world are pussies because they kill everyone who comes close.

"He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking.
{<huh}

So did they land at his feet and he picked it up and said "uhh, excuse me, kind tribesman, you dropped your arrow! I'm gonna bring it back to you!"

Very fascinating stuff, maybe someone can fly in a drone that they don’t mind getting fucked up and document the day to day of these people

N. Sentinel island doesn't play
they throw spears at helicopters and ish

In 1880 the British kidnapped a couple of them and since they had no contact with the outside world they had no immunities to our diseases. One of them died while on the British ship and the other was returned to the island.

What if he returned with a plague that wiped out a descent amount of the tribe and they've been shooting on first site ever since.

What's kind of crazy to think about to me is that 60,000 years ago their ancestors had the technology to get to this island and that technology was lost.

Back