Law Man shot after stabbing officer in face. Family says murder and blames it on racism.

Yeah, I don't think being mentally ill and have an episode is worthy of a death sentence. Is it a dangerous situation that needs a lot of caution in approaching? Absolutely. Are there going to be times that things go less than optimally when it's heat of the moment? Of course. But I can't help but think they approached it with the mentality you've displayed over and over, he was just a thug that needed to be put down and that's all there was to it.

And I said he should die because
Of his mental illness where, exactly? I said he earned his lead after stabbing an officer. I have to laugh that you are making such a leap to say they thought he was a thug that needed put down. We have no idea how they approached him or how they got within range. My guess is that they tried to talk to him like a person and he went apeshit-hence the stabby stabby.

And I have seen so many times where a complete thug whacked out on drugs “is having a mental illness or crisis” after they get arrested or shot.

They can try talking him down but once he jumps into action, there isn't anything else they can do. They're not going to leave the situation because leaving an agitated mentally ill person with a knife to his/her own devices is very irresponsible.

The grandmother is going off emotion, not logic. Even if the guy was sane but just hated cops and wanted to hurt one and ended up shot to death, many grandmothers out there would be so biased, they'd blame the cop instead of their out-of-control grandchild.

***EDIT*** - And who was responsible for this mentally ill person? How did he get to this point? When a dog goes crazy and starts attacking people, you don't blame the person for killing it in self-defense. You blame the handler or the owner for not keeping the dog under control.

Where was this sick man's handler and why weren't they taking the appropriate measures so this wouldn't happen?

On your edit, what are you saying-that this man should have been kept on a shot leash?

Because that’s exactly what I said. Why do these families let their “severely mentally ill” family members run amok and terrorize the community and when they get shot by police; it’s always “he was a good boy turning his life around but he was mentally ill and the police didn’t have to shoot him.”

I have been dealing with a guy at work that is exactly what I am talking about. I work as director of security for a company that owns hotels and other properties. We deal with this guy named Marvin and he is a real big black male and mentally ill from being thrown out of s window to avoid s fire when he was a child. He also happens to be our hr person’s brother. I dealt with him all the time when I was a cop. Anyway, he has been coming into the hotel and I speak to him and after a few minutes, get him to leave. The other day it was 14 degrees and he came in with snot sickles hanging from him nose. I gave him some tissues and a cup of coffee. He started talking about racist police and how they wouldn’t try “that shit in baltimore-them n words would kill them.” After talking to him for a few, I asked him to leave and he got a might bit testy. He mentioned that people that fuck with him end up in the river(he was infamous for asking for money or smokes (mostly women) and when they said no, he would say “I am the reason white girls end up in the river.” I again told him to leave and he did, but he was mother fucking me on the way out, I called his sister and told her that he was clearly off his meds and was paranoid. He is not such an issue now, but he is 6’4” and about 300 lbs and when you had to arrest him, he could be a handful. He is exactly the person I speak of when o say they don’t take care of him. He has severe mental issues and then he runs afoul of the law and gets arrested, the sister snd mother claim it’s because he is black. Holy shut if he was ever shot by police, which I am surprised it never happened-if he ever had a weapon, he would be shot because of his predictable yet unpredictable behavior and he has been known to go off on people. But they don’t make sure he is taking his meds or make him go to counseling. They wait until he is inconveniencing them and is out of control before they try to get him in to see someone. With his issues, It should be a full time gig to eat him over him/ like families do with a wheelchair bound member. When you see someone in that condition, usually the whole family takes turns helping snd they redo the house to ensure the disabled member gets whatever they need. Marvins family does not do that-they let him run loose and terrorize the neighborhood. Come to think of it, the family raised a giant stink about their dog being shot by an officer a few years ago. Just like Marvin, it ran free and terrorized the neighborhood killing cats and chasing people. It was banned from the city and they kept sneaking it back. One day, the dog cornered a mail man on top of a car and he called the officer. He arrived, found the dog on the porch and asked dispatch to call the family to come get their dog inside. Before dispatch could even call, the dog was off the porch and kept at the officer who shot and killed it. Beautiful black Shepard but was owned by a shit family that didn’t care for it, but after it was shot there were protests and all kinds of issues including fb pages which really brings the freaks out with people threatening to come to town to kill either an officer or one of our k9s.

My whole point was that the families rarely seek or adhere to treatment for their mentally ill problem children but when they get shot for stabbing an officer, somehow jt is the officer’s fault and in a true display of mental illness, the family has the gall to blame it on race.

He had a knife and was threatening to attack people. If the cops pulled and he stabbed grandma or someone else, it would then be “why didn’t the cops do something?” Mental disturbance is the new can’t breathe. Fools hear a catch phrase and run with it. Just like how broke ass people will use the “I’ll call my lawyer” line.

He was in mental distress or crisis is the appropriate dog whistle. They say “he was in crisis” but the rest of us know that is code for “ he was fucked sideways on drugs and went on a rampage” and when the tox screen comes back and he had meth and fentanyl in his system, they claim he wasn’t a drug user possibly making claims that the results were tampered with. It is the same thing with suicides as well. Same families are sad but accepting of the findings and the other families will only believe foul play is at stake. The medical examiner says suicide but the family calls the fucking feds to do a hate crime investigation because they believe that it was a murder made to look like a suicide. We have had quite a few of these the last few months. We had a black female lesbian that hung her self in the back yard and despite absolutely no signs of injuries, the family still claims foul play

In another incident, a nursing student jelani day went to a pot shop, bought some weed and presumably smoked it and got really high. He took off all of his clothes, left his cellphone in the car and ended up in the river for a month. Family is demanding the feds do a hate crime investigation because they are so sure he was murdered. Sad and hard to accept that he committed suicide or the weed was strong and he went for a final swim.

How far we have fallen. Thank you racist Dems

Of his mental illness where, exactly? I said he earned his lead after stabbing an officer. I have to laugh that you are making such a leap to say they thought he was a thug that needed put down. We have no idea how they approached him or how they got within range. My guess is that they tried to talk to him like a person and he went apeshit-hence the stabby stabby.

And I have seen so many times where a complete thug whacked out on drugs “is having a mental illness or crisis” after they get shot during the commission of a crime. It’s a very convenient excuse when it comes to manufacturing the fairytale of “the good boy getting his life together” after a lifetime of crime. I am not saying they don’t have mental illnesses, but they usually don’t do anything about it and it only becomes an issue when they get in trouble with the law and “he needs help.”
On your edit, what are you saying-that this man should have been kept on a shot leash?

Because that’s exactly what I said. Why do these families let their “severely mentally ill” family members run amok and terrorize the community and when they get shot by police; it’s always “he was a good boy turning his life around but he was mentally ill and the police didn’t have to shoot him.”

I have been dealing with a guy at work that is exactly what I am talking about. I work as director of security for a company that owns hotels and other properties. We deal with this guy named Marvin and he is a real big black male and mentally ill from being thrown out of s window to avoid s fire when he was a child. He also happens to be our hr person’s brother. I dealt with him all the time when I was a cop. Anyway, he has been coming into the hotel and I speak to him and after a few minutes, get him to leave. The other day it was 14 degrees and he came in with snot sickles hanging from him nose. I gave him some tissues and a cup of coffee. He started talking about racist police and how they wouldn’t try “that shit in baltimore-them n words would kill them.” After talking to him for a few, I asked him to leave and he got a might bit testy. He mentioned that people that fuck with him end up in the river(he was infamous for asking for money or smokes (mostly women) and when they said no, he would say “I am the reason white girls end up in the river.” I again told him to leave and he did, but he was mother fucking me on the way out, I called his sister and told her that he was clearly off his meds and was paranoid. He is not such an issue now, but he is 6’4” and about 300 lbs and when you had to arrest him, he could be a handful. He is exactly the person I speak of when o say they don’t take care of him. He has severe mental issues and then he runs afoul of the law and gets arrested, the sister snd mother claim it’s because he is black. Holy shut if he was ever shot by police, which I am surprised it never happened-if he ever had a weapon, he would be shot because of his predictable yet unpredictable behavior and he has been known to go off on people. But they don’t make sure he is taking his meds or make him go to counseling. They wait until he is inconveniencing them and is out of control before they try to get him in to see someone. With his issues, It should be a full time gig to eat him over him/ like families do with a wheelchair bound member. When you see someone in that condition, usually the whole family takes turns helping snd they redo the house to ensure the disabled member gets whatever they need. Marvins family does not do that-they let him run loose and terrorize the neighborhood. Come to think of it, the family raised a giant stink about their dog being shot by an officer a few years ago. Just like Marvin, it ran free and terrorized the neighborhood killing cats and chasing people. It was banned from the city and they kept sneaking it back. One day, the dog cornered a mail man on top of a car and he called the officer. He arrived, found the dog on the porch and asked dispatch to call the family to come get their dog inside. Before dispatch could even call, the dog was off the porch and kept at the officer who shot and killed it. Beautiful black Shepard but was owned by a shit family that didn’t care for it, but after it was shot there were protests and all kinds of issues including fb pages which really brings the freaks out with people threatening to come to town to kill either an officer or one of our k9s.

My whole point was that the families rarely seek or adhere to treatment for their mentally ill problem children but when they get shot for stabbing an officer, somehow jt is the officer’s fault and in a true display of mental illness, the family has the gall to blame it on race.
He was in mental distress or crisis is the appropriate dog whistle. They say “he was in crisis” but the rest of us know that is code for “ he was fucked sideways on drugs and went on a rampage” and when the tox screen comes back and he had meth and fentanyl in his system, they claim he wasn’t a drug user possibly making claims that the results were tampered with. It is the same thing with suicides as well. Same families are sad but accepting of the findings and the other families will only believe foul play is at stake. The medical examiner says suicide but the family calls the fucking feds to do a hate crime investigation because they believe that it was a murder made to look like a suicide. We have had quite a few of these the last few months. We had a black female lesbian that hung her self in the back yard and despite absolutely no signs of injuries, the family still claims foul play

In another incident, a nursing student jelani day went to a pot shop, bought some weed and presumably smoked it and got really high. He took off all of his clothes, left his cellphone in the car and ended up in the river for a month. Family is demanding the feds do a hate crime investigation because they are so sure he was murdered. Sad and hard to accept that he committed suicide or the weed was strong and he went for a final swim.
You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth here and proving my point about the kind of person you are.

You say it's code for whacked out thug, like addiction isn't often caused by self medicating for people with mental health issues and lack of access to healthcare.

You bring up a guy you know, snot-sickles coming out of his nose. You say he's mentally ill from a traumatic experience as child that may have also included a head injury. You called his sister to tell her he's off his meds. Then you throw the sister and mother under the bus for not asserting control over a massive man who doesn't even have control of himself and could be a danger to them, as if they could forcibly control him or make him take his meds.

Then you go back to calling it "dog whistling" to cover them for being rampaging drug abusers. Why did you call the sister about that man not being on his meds if it's always about thugs abusing drugs? You seem to acknowledge mental illness is real and you blame these people for abandoning their family members as if we don't have issues with healthcare and economic stability, particularly in black communities.

Sounds like you have preconceived notions when it's a black man, who is least likely to have access to mental healthcare with pharmaceutical or therapeutical help. You make police officers look horrible, it's no wonder there's so much animosity towards y'all when you don't even recognize how this reflects on your mentality on the job. You talk about people like their animals and show no awareness or reflection.

You can't know for sure until you see video? You were confident enough to declare this woman saw dollar signs in the "ghetto lottery".

Here's a recent example of an officer in Arizona using a taser in response to being attacked with a knife. There were injuries, but no fatalities. And this officer was called to a fire and actually surprised at close range, he had more justification in using lethal force.

So I find it hard to believe there's just no way an officer should use a taser her, especially with backup right there than support lethal force as a failsafe. If they had attempted to use a taser and it failed, the article would have corrected the grandmother's assertion that they made no effort.

Two responding officers can use 2 lethal weapons, or use 1 lethal weapon and 1 non-lethal weapon in the scenario. It's a discretionary call. Both would be in the realm of reasonable and justified. Someone really wants to play Monday morning quarterback, though.

And I have seen so many times where a complete thug whacked out on drugs “is having a mental illness or crisis” after they get arrested or shot.

Can't win the ghetto lottery if you don't play.

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth here and proving my point about the kind of person you are.

You say it's code for whacked out thug, like addiction isn't often caused by self medicating for people with mental health issues and lack of access to healthcare.

You bring up a guy you know, snot-sickles coming out of his nose. You say he's mentally ill from a traumatic experience as child that may have also included a head injury. You called his sister to tell her he's off his meds. Then you throw the sister and mother under the bus for not asserting control over a massive man who doesn't even have control of himself and could be a danger to them, as if they could forcibly control him or make him take his meds.

Then you go back to calling it "dog whistling" to cover them for being rampaging drug abusers. Why did you call the sister about that man not being on his meds if it's always about thugs abusing drugs? You seem to acknowledge mental illness is real and you blame these people for abandoning their family members as if we don't have issues with healthcare and economic stability, particularly in black communities.

Sounds like you have preconceived notions when it's a black man, who is least likely to have access to mental healthcare with pharmaceutical or therapeutical help. You make police officers look horrible, it's no wonder there's so much animosity towards y'all when you don't even recognize how this reflects on your mentality on the job. You talk about people like their animals and show no awareness or reflection.

Some people do act like animals, some worse than animals like people who kill children or shoot random people on the streets for no reason.

And I used to do outreach with the homeless, mentally ill, and addicts. I volunteered to take on this position after I was asked by the people running the outreach based upon my reputation for being fair and respected in the community in a predominantly black neighborhood. so don’t try to tell me about self medicating. Many of the addicts have depression or other mental illness due to their addictions and some have addictions because of mental illness, but the families conveniently claim that their son was in a crisis and needed mental health care workers instead of police and the funny thing is that their toxicology reports always come back with meth and fentanyl. I posit that the people are in crisis because of their drug use, not the mental illness. For example, I can’t remember his name, but in Buffalo, there was a guy that was breaking Windows while naked and when the officers arrived, he tried to spit on them claiming to have covid. They put a spithood on him for safety and he died. My guess is that it was due to excited delirium. Of course the family said he was mentally ill but he had a whole host of serious drugs in his system.

As for Marvin, they did let him run wild for years. We had him committed on involuntary mental hygiene orders. My point with Marvin and this guy, Orlando, is that just because they are mentally ill does not make them less dangerous or less of a threat. Often, it makes them more dangerous. And I am betting that Orlando’s tox screen will come back with more than one serious drug in his system but the family will still blame it on the mental illness that we have no way of verifying he was diagnosed with and my guess is they will claim he was bi-polar, which seems to be very prevalent in these communities without a legitimate diagnosis-it’s something they read or heard about and said “yeah, that sounds like Orlando.”

They should have peripheral games like a Deadpool. On Monday, the people
Playing got together and said “alright, who had Orlando? You win $300, congratulations.”

Two responding officers can use 2 lethal weapons, or use 1 lethal weapon and 1 non-lethal weapon in the scenario. It's a discretionary call. Both would be in the realm of reasonable and justified. Someone really wants to play Monday morning quarterback, though.

Oh, slick is a Monday morning police qb on the all star team.

We really need to stand up and demand they stop paying out the ghetto lottery.

which one? Slick? He’s an Uber douche but I like watching him try to argue and he whines a lot, which is fun
Definitely slick, what he doesn't understand is that his style of politics, his style specifically, is the reason why there are so many homeless. The sort of bs he cries about wouldn't exist if it weren't for the entitled bs he routinely spouts off

Definitely slick, what he doesn't understand is that his style of politics, his style specifically, is the reason why there are so many homeless. The sort of bs he cries about wouldn't exist if it weren't for the entitled bs he routinely spouts off

He is just one of my many fans. If he hates me so much, why does he always find his way into my threads? Because he is a sadomasochist and basically yells “spit in my mouth and call me a whore!”

Do you think they take turns or decide who is going to try to get beaten or shot by police? Do they draw straws and the short straw has to spout off to police? “Hey James, I can’t help but notice you don’t have a job-can you try to get in a fight with police? I have ben crumps phone number on speed dial”

https://ussanews.com/family-of-man-...led-him-because-he-was-black-demands-justice/

Two cops were dispatched to a call regarding a black male pulling a knife on another subject. Officers arrived and speak to the suspect who then stabs one of the officers in the face. Officers then shoot the subject, killing him. The family claims he was shot because of his race and they are demanding justice.

There is body cam from both officers, which the mayor has watched and claimed it was justified. The family stated “the gall of the mayor to say this was justified before all the facts are known.” The grandmother was on the porch and saw the shooting and claims she begged officers not to shoot him because he is mentally ill. Of course, this was after he stabbed an officer in the face and came after them with the knife a second time.

Forget the mayor. Imagine the gall to claim race has anything to do with this instead of the fact he tried to kill a police officer.
Sounds like he comes from a good family.

Back