Man this Holloway hype all of a sudden is kinda much

But to anyone who says that is one of the most badass moments in MMA, go watch Don Fry vs Takayama.
This sport will be 10000% better when old losers like you stop watching. how could you even equate that no skill garbage bar brawl to the absolute war that Max and Justin just put on??

Flame away, dont care. But the immediate post fight hype these days is just annoying. A fighter has a great performance, now they are the greatest ever or the best to ever do whatever they did well in the fight. Yeah the end of the fight was cool, but they went toe to toe after Justin was already beat the fuck down and pretty much one punch away anyway. Fights like the ending of this fight was pretty common back in the early days of MMA. If he did that while both guys were fresh and KO'd him Id be more impressed. But with that said he did surprise me, I didnt think he has a chance in hell against Justin.

But to anyone who says that is one of the most badass moments in MMA, go watch Don Fry vs Takayama. I think the BMF title BS kind of built it up more than what it was. He went up and weight and had a good performance against a top LW, I didn't see much more than that.
-10 points.

You didn't hear?

Whatever happened THIS month is the greatest thing to ever happen in MMA. Not last month. Not next month. THIS month.

Sometimes it's true. That was one of the most awesome things that has happened in a while so it will be the awesome thing for a minute. It doesn't diminish the other awesome things either it just goes on the list with them.

It's like the competition for who's the punkest kid in high-school is never ending sometimes. Fuck that thing everybody liked I only get hyped for bad ass kos from pride prelims that you've probably never even seen before !

The success in multiple weight classes is a bit iffy to me. He fought Dustin and got spanked, then he fought Justin, who has never been a champ (the BMF isn't real).

Meanwhile, Volk fought Islam twice, and was competitive as fuck in the first fight. There's an astronomical difference between fighting Islam and fighting Justin.

So Max has one win at LW, unless you're counting pre-UFC, but even then, Volk has more wins across more weight classes than him.

He has all his strike records because he basically went 5 rounds 8 times (almost 9 with Gahtje) in his last 10 fights, and isn't much of a finisher at the highest level.

Having the record for most strikes absorbed isn't really something to be proud of lol.

Not saying Max isn't amazing, but some of it is too hyped for me. I just see Volk as a much better fighter who did it easier.

Nobody can deny Volk's body of work, but I think putting JG to sleep at a higher weight class, is far more impressive than losing twice to Islam (the first fight by UD, although the fight was closer than the decision has it) and then getting KOed by Ilia soon after.

It's not like JG was coming off a losing streak either, he was next in line for the LW title shot.

Nobody can deny Volk's body of work, but I think putting JG to sleep at a higher weight class, is far more impressive than losing twice to Islam (the first fight by UD, although the fight was closer than the decision has it) and then getting KOed by Ilia soon after.

It's not like JG was coming off a losing streak either, he was next in line for the LW title shot.

My problem with Justin is that, yeh, he's fun and all and he was next in line . . . but for what? He's beaten Dustin, Chandler, Fiz, and Ferg since 2020. Dustin is a fine enough win, but I feel like Dustin has lost a step. Fizi is okay, Ferg was nothing, Chandler hyped his way into the rankings with wins over Ferg and Hooker lol.

It's still a great win for Max, though.

Back