Man, this win is suuch BS

it happened a couple hours ago so why the rush? why is there this huge push to crown makhachev the greatest goat of all time?

Who's doing that? I just think it's weak sauce to call the win BS. Alex knew the risk of taking the fight on short notice, and got stopped. I dreaded coming to sherdog for this very reason, because everyone's going to be talking crazy shit like you're talking. Islam is the better fighter, no shame in it, Alex isn't a LW after all.

Who's doing that? I just think it's weak sauce to call the win BS. Alex knew the risk of taking the fight on short notice, and got stopped. I dreaded coming to sherdog for this very reason, because everyone's going to be talking crazy shit like you're talking. Islam is the better fighter, no shame in it, Alex isn't a LW after all.
well, all I see are people kissing makhachev's ass and saying volk is done.

TS your boy got smoked. No asterisk, no excuses. Stop your crying. Volk took the fight and knew the risks. It was short notice but Volk's been training his whole life. Paid well I'm sure for his troubles.

In all reality this was more because Volk is a manlet then anything else. He had a solid guard up, but since Islam's hips are basically at Volk's chest level the kick easily glided over the guard with full power intact.

A 5'11 Volk wouldn't be in this situation.

Lol at the scrambling for excuses. Volk would be disappointed in his fans.

In all reality this was more because Volk is a manlet then anything else. He had a solid guard up, but since Islam's hips are basically at Volk's chest level the kick easily glided over the guard with full power intact.

A 5'11 Volk wouldn't be in this situation.
5’11 Volk to go along with sea level Cain.. I like this

Islam Makhachev 100% put an end to the double champ talk very quickly. Volk could have trained for months and the same outcome could have happened. I believe it’s just not in the cards for Volk although I respect him for having the guts to step up and take a crack at it.

it really wasn't necessary. he's going to regret this one for a long time, probably forever. would have been one thing if it was a close decision or something, but not that way.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
Picking a fight against someone you just lost to without a camp was obviously a gamble.
It worked for Bisping, but the vast majority of those accepting them lost their fights...

Matter of fact, he gets "free money" (in the sense of this being money he did not know he'd get up until two weeks ago), and he goes in without any pressure, because guess what? They know they are at a HUGE disadvantage.
And yet, he tried.
He is far smaller, and he was not at peak.
I would be surprised if he would last all 5 rounds fighting like they did on their first encounter.

So no, I don't think his stock goes down, which should be the way it should be for anyone picking a fight last second).

Also the fact that he had to cut such a large amount of weight in so little time, he only has himself to blame though, he knew he would only be at 50% maximum in this fight yet still took it

No it doesn’t lmao. Islam’s original opponent pulled out, they found him a replacement and he knocked him out in the first round. What more do you want him to do?
he did fine, but why do i have to act like this is worth the same as ko'ing volk after a full camp?

Pretty stupid to fight the best fighter on the planet on short notice especially after already losing to him once. Arguably disrespectful given the fact the Volk isn’t hurting for opportunity in the ufc. My hats off to him for attempting it but he’s not going to get another shot at Islam or the 155 title for a long time because of this choice. If beating Islam or winning the 155 belt meant that much to him he wouldn’t waited. It was razor thin with a full camp. He should’ve such limited preparation time wouldn’t be enough.

he did fine, but why do i have to act like this is worth the same as ko'ing volk after a full camp?

It is the same. Islam had as much time to prepare that strike on Volk as Volk had to anticipate it. This wasn’t a cardio issue. Islam was training for a completely different fight than Volk, dare I say a much easier fight stylistically for Islam. Him stepped up and got knocked out. It’s something Volk is going to have to digest for a long time. He accepted the fight, he has to deal with the outcome. He knew what he was signing up for.

well, all I see are people kissing makhachev's ass and saying volk is done.

Well that's weak sauce too. Islam does deserve a massive amount of credit, but to say Volk is done is fucking crazy. The dude took the fight on 10 days notice against possibly the best fighter in the world.

This is why I was upset that Volk took the fight in the first place, he deserved to have a whole camp for this rematch, and now he likely blew his last shot at Islam. I just don't agree with the sentiment that this fight didn't count, I don't think Alex will be saying anything of the sort.

volk signed, but ultimately islam agreed because of many reasons. one, he forever holds the 2-0 against volk. gets to act like he beat a legitimate volk, on 10 fucking days notice. and knows that volk wont ever get a shot again at 155. gets to shut up volk, city kickboxing, hooker, all in one fell swoop. with the UFC media machine behind him, commentators sucking him off, they all completely ignore thats a dude that literally came off the couch, flab and all. garbage ass fight, and everyone pretending here like it was some second coming of the chosen one, lol. 10 days notice. come on people.

Back