Manchester MMA Gyms?

bumworm

Tell me, do you use Timotei?
@Orange
Reaction score
i live in manchester and wonder if anyone knows of any mma gyms or grappling gyms, i train a bit at straight blast but just fancied a change and wanted to know if anyone on these forums trains in manchester. Thanks.

Aside from SBG the only gym I know of around Manchester is Revolution in Stockport, they're pretty much just hobbyists so if you're looking for a competition gym you're probably best sticking with SBG.

depends how far your preperared to travel
wolfslair in widnes is about 30 mins away

theres a judo club at the armitage sports centre in fallowfield and the trainer also does classes in cheadle if thats how its spelt, i go to the classes at armatige and we spend about half the time doing ground work

Have u tried Cage Warrior forum or the SFUK site they have a list of gyms in all areas of the UK

minge...you train at armitage? yer i go there too sometimes, the names martin, maybe see you around some time. cheers for the feedback guys

The ground & Pound link above is for Salford Ground N Pound. I train at mAnchester ground N Pound on Newton St. Its right in the city centre next to wang dangs(sp?) martial arts store.
Salfard have better facilities and are also good people, but Manchester GnP ir real & raw. Two of our guys just had there first fights in Wales. One guy one in the 1st round after putting the guy on his arse 3 times, the other won on a decision after flooring the guy 3 times a round.
there are 3 trainers, they all have fought as pro's, one of them is called Ozzy, he was the Uk storm champion. But all three have a really good ways of teaching and know what theyre talking about.
anybody want more info?

i can't believe there's a mma gym in salford. it's such a shit hole. there's a wrestling gym in there somewhere too.

sorry, nothing to add to this thread. it's really good to see the scene is really good there for mma. i'm still suprised there's anything in salford other than scallies and abandoned cars. so hey, good luck you guys, and i just bumped your thread.

(i used to live just off of seaford road, so my image of the place is that of a slum with boarded up buildings and "the Offy" being on every corner. the corner store was called Booze and Food)

I'm new.. signed up to let you know , There's a MMA training centre Right across from MEN arena called Predators.. i go passed it every week.. they have a website.. they one they advertise doesn't seem to work.. i've only seen it open once during the day.. i'm guessing it's just night openings.. if you want to find it.. there's a building being demolished across from the exit of the MEN.. the car park exit.. it's directly across from there.. can't miss it.

The ground & Pound link above is for Salford Ground N Pound. I train at mAnchester ground N Pound on Newton St. Its right in the city centre next to wang dangs(sp?) martial arts store.
Salfard have better facilities and are also good people, but Manchester GnP ir real & raw. Two of our guys just had there first fights in Wales. One guy one in the 1st round after putting the guy on his arse 3 times, the other won on a decision after flooring the guy 3 times a round.
there are 3 trainers, they all have fought as pro's, one of them is called Ozzy, he was the Uk storm champion. But all three have a really good ways of teaching and know what theyre talking about.
anybody want more info?

slightly confused the link your saying is for salford says moss side on the website. if it is in salford, where abouts cos i live in salford myself.(well half the time due to uni)

MMA Studio is right in Manchester's city centre - it's situated on Newton Street, just off piccadilly gardens, in the Van Dang Martial Arts building. The gym has been revamped by former Manchester Ground'N'Pound member Ozzy Haluk, who teaches the classes. MMA Studio is quickly proving itself to be one of the best gyms to learn MMA in Manchester! check it out: MMA Studio - Mixed Martial Arts Academy and YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.

Back