Manny Got Rocked In Sparring

Broner throws punches watch his fight with Vargas also he dropped the iron chin Shawn Porter hard with a counter shot

Your using a fight against Vargas in which Broner had a draw, and a fight where Shawn Porter UD'd him to show that Broner has a chance against Pac. Broner did not cope well when Garcia hit him and it made him unwilling to throw as much as he needed to, wait until he gets touched by Pac.

Your using a fight against Vargas in which Broner had a draw, and a fight where Shawn Porter UD'd him to show that Broner has a chance against Pac. Broner did not cope well when Garcia hit him and it made him unwilling to throw as much as he needed to, wait until he gets touched by Pac.
Mikey Garcia has a better chin and defense than Pacquiao, Pacman comes in wild and he his chin is weak compared to Broner. Remember also Broner is 29 really young Pacman is 40.

I like Pac, but Broner lands and it could be one and done for Pac.

You don't need to be too crafty to get to Broner.

Gavin Rees was catching him with looping left hooks. And that's the punch that team Maidana saw and thought "we can do that with more power "

You don't need to be too crafty to get to Broner.

Gavin Rees was catching him with looping left hooks. And that's the punch that team Maidana saw and thought "we can do that with more power "
But Broner has that shoulder roll stance that Pacman has trouble with, Pac will get hit with those uppercuts coming in
Once Pac gets hit he gets timid, this isnt the Pacman who if you hit him he doesn't stop, ever since he got knocked cold he got cold feet rushing at guys, he fights more calculated now not as aggressive and gungho as before.

Mikey Garcia has a better chin and defense than Pacquiao, Pacman comes in wild and he his chin is weak compared to Broner. Remember also Broner is 29 really young Pacman is 40.

I like Pac, but Broner lands and it could be one and done for Pac.

At this point in his Career Mikey has MAYBE a a bit of a better chin then Pacquiao but keep in mind that mattysse who hits harder then Broner could not faze Pac so Broners power will in no way be a problem for Pac. But what about Pac's power, speed, and athleticism?, Broner is just not sharp enough of a fighter to deal with all of that. Mikey stopped Broner from punching with sharp fundamentals, What do you think is going to happen when Pac who has power, accuracy and more speed then Mikey touches Broner over and over and over? And don't get it twisted the old man Pac can hit, not really the one hitter quitter type, but rather the hurt you, drop you, make you want to take a knee type of pop. Also, Pac's chin is not weak compared to anyone and he has been able to take a real good shot throughout his career, and he hits harder than Broner even at his old age. As wild as Pacman is Broner is just not a sharp enough counter puncher to make Pac pay enough for it and he will end up taking more damage trying to counter punch Pac as a result. Oh and what about Vargas is his chin and defense better then Pacquiao's? Don't let the age fool you, Broner is just not good enough to beat Pac, Pac is that special of fighter.

At this point in his Career Mikey has MAYBE a a bit of a better chin then Pacquiao but keep in mind that mattysse who hits harder then Broner could not faze Pac so Broners power will in no way be a problem for Pac. But what about Pac's power, speed, and athleticism?, Broner is just not sharp enough of a fighter to deal with all of that. Mikey stopped Broner from punching with sharp fundamentals, What do you think is going to happen when Pac who has power, accuracy and more speed then Mikey touches Broner over and over and over? And don't get it twisted the old man Pac can hit, not really the one hitter quitter type, but rather the hurt you, drop you, make you want to take a knee type of pop. Also, Pac's chin is not weak compared to anyone and he has been able to take a real good shot throughout his career, and he hits harder than Broner even at his old age. As wild as Pacman is Broner is just not a sharp enough counter puncher to make Pac pay enough for it and he will end up taking more damage trying to counter punch Pac as a result. Oh and what about Vargas is his chin and defense better then Pacquiao's? Don't let the age fool you, Broner is just not good enough to beat Pac, Pac is that special of fighter.
Pac WAS special but he is 40, dont let the Lucas fight fool you, Pacs conditioning was good and he threw a lot of fast punches and didnt tire but Lucas barely threw any punches and didnt land one time on Pacs chin so its misleading.

Pacmans powder is a mystery, some say he can crack and some say he doesn't hit hard. Floyd claims Pacman hit him the hardest of anyone according to his bodyguard jizzymack on fight hype he siad floyd revealed to them that Pac was the hardest puncher, but then you got Brandon Rios, Jorge Solis and Oscar de la hoya who said Pacman cant bust a grape or hits like a gnat, Solis said his wife hit harder than Pacquiao, Margarito said Pacman has no power during his fight with him in the corner he said his power is nothing he cant hurt him.

then you get shane mosley who claims Pacman hit him the hardest of any fighter, Bradley says Pacman has pop, but then you got a guy like Guerrero who said Pacman doesn't hit that hard he sparred Pac when Pac was a 26er, and then you got another sparring partner who claims Pacs hands felt like bricks every punch hurt

Pacs power is strange, because various people who faced him have differing accounts for his power from he doesnt hit hard and is just fast to he can crack and he hit me harder than anyone else.

I dont believe Pac can hurt Broner.

Pac WAS special but he is 40, dont let the Lucas fight fool you, Pacs conditioning was good and he threw a lot of fast punches and didnt tire but Lucas barely threw any punches and didnt land one time on Pacs chin so its misleading.

Pacmans powder is a mystery, some say he can crack and some say he doesn't hit hard. Floyd claims Pacman hit him the hardest of anyone according to his bodyguard jizzymack on fight hype he siad floyd revealed to them that Pac was the hardest puncher, but then you got Brandon Rios, Jorge Solis and Oscar de la hoya who said Pacman cant bust a grape or hits like a gnat, Solis said his wife hit harder than Pacquiao, Margarito said Pacman has no power during his fight with him in the corner he said his power is nothing he cant hurt him.

then you get shane mosley who claims Pacman hit him the hardest of any fighter, Bradley says Pacman has pop, but then you got a guy like Guerrero who said Pacman doesn't hit that hard he sparred Pac when Pac was a 26er, and then you got another sparring partner who claims Pacs hands felt like bricks every punch hurt

Pacs power is strange, because various people who faced him have differing accounts for his power from he doesnt hit hard and is just fast to he can crack and he hit me harder than anyone else.

Pac is not close to his Prime but he is still a special fighter in that at the age of 40 he can defeat and beat the hell out of a lot of really good 147 pound young lions. And Although, Lucas did not land much during the fight against the two, due to Pac's defense, and offensive pressure, he did land some solid right hands squarely on Pac's kisser and Pac walked right though them with no issues. Also, from what I have observed Pac is not tiring as easily because he has adapted his style of fighting to his age. He is not throwing 4 and 5 punch combinations anymore, or darting in and out as much as he use to. Now he is more reliant on setting up his offence using his probing Jab, right hook, and probing left hand in a more educated then usually. Wear he use to be a full out buzz saw in his Prime he just does not have the gas or or body for that type of output and now he is more gas powered hatchet.

With regard, to Pacmans power I don't think it's a Mystery I just think most people were so awe struck by the devastation he caused that they did not understand what they were watching. Pac has never been a one hitter quitter type of guy, he did it against Hatton, but generally Pac can hurt you with one punch bad but, he kills you with a hundred of them. Floyd has no reason to lie, but lets look at the other people that commented on Pac's power, Solis got knocked down twice in the eighth round and was stopped because he struggled to beat the count, with Rios Pac swol both his eyes and had him leaking out of one of them, and lumped up his face., Pac Swells up Oscar's Eye and the power makes Oscar hesitant to throw back and quit on the stool, Margarito for all his talk of no power got his faced lumped up and his orbital bone fractured etc.... Pac has power to hurt people, and the speed and accuracy to land his power over and over again until it wears you down and either your body goes first or you mind goes.

Broner has pretty much been a victim at 147 and outside of knocking down Shawn Porter he has done minimal if no hurting of anyone at all. What saves Broner from really getting his ass beat is that when he feels shots he does not like he stops throwing punches and taking chances because if he did against say.... Mikey he would have been laying on the canvas maybe multiple times. I would argue given both fighters past and resumes Broner has little chance of hurting Pac, but I can almost guarantee that Pac is going to hurt Broner, and force him to get hyper defensive and stop throwing punches.

And above all else Broner has proven time and time again that he just does not have it in him to win big fights.

Last edited:
Pac is not close to his Prime but he is still a special fighter in that at the age of 40 he can defeat and beat the hell out of a lot of really good 147 pound young lions. And Although, Lucas did not land much during the fight against the two, due to Pac's defense, and offensive pressure, he did land some solid right hands squarely on Pac's kisser and Pac walked right though them with no issues. Also, from what I have observed Pac is not tiring as easily because he has adapted his style of fighting to his age. He is not throwing 4 and 5 punch combinations anymore, or darting in and out as much as he use to. Now he is more reliant on setting up his offence using his probing Jab, right hook, and probing left hand in a more educated then usually. Wear he use to be a full out buzz saw in his Prime he just does not have the gas or or body for that type of output and now he is more gas powered hatchet.

With regard, to Pacmans power I don't think it's a Mystery I just think most people were so awe struck by the devastation he caused that they did not understand what they wear watching. Pac has never been a one hitter quitter type of guy, he did it against Hatton, but generally Pac can hurt you with one punch bad but, he kills you with a hundred of them. Floyd has no reason to lie, but lets look at the other people that commented on Pac's power, Solis got knocked down twice in the eight and was stopped because he struggled to beat the count, Rios Pac swollen both his eyes and hand him leaking out of one of them, and lumped up his face., Swells up Oscar's Eye and the power makes Oscar hesitant to throw back, Margarito for all his talk of no power got his faced lumped up and his orbital bone fractured etc.... Pac has power to hurt people, and the speed and accuracy to land his power over and over again until it wears you down and either your body goes first or you mind goes.

Broner has pretty much been a victim at 147 and outside of knocking down Shawn Porter he has done minimal if no hurting of anyone at all. What saves Broner from really getting his ass beat is that when he feels shots he does not like he stops throwing punches and taking chances because if he did against say.... Mikey he would have been laying on the canvas maybe multiple times. I would argue given both fighters past and resumes Broner has little chance of hurting Pac, but I can almost guarantee that Pac is going to hurt Broner, and force him to get hyper defensive and stop throwing punches.

And above all else Broner has proven time and time again that he just does not have it in him to win big fights.

Im not saying Pac is a feather fist becuase its obvious he hits hard, but like you said he isnt a one hitter quitter mainly because he rarely loads up like errol spence does, Pac doesnt load up his punches but can still generate enough power to mark a guy up or rock him and then he finishes with arm flurries

If he does load up I think he would be a one hitter guy he loaded up on his punch with hatton and iced him

But I think he is used to the flurry style like likes flicking combos and getting out but then follows with a hard shot on the way out to keep them timid or gun shy

I just think at this stage in his career he loses to all of them, the Broner fight is a 50 50 right now, it comes down to intangibles Pacs age and weak chin, and Broners iron jaw and youth.

Broner has heart too he will not lie down for Pac like Lucas did.

I think Porter destroys Pacman, Danny Garcia knocks him out cold in the later rounds, Thurman will box Pac up, Crawford possible stoppage, Spence will KO pac in 5 rounds too big too strong to long.

I think Pacman cannot hang with any of the top welters, his goal is if he beats Broner to try and get a Mayweather rematch than retire, but Floyd is not going to give a rematch he suckered and lied to Pac to sign with Haymon, so Haymon will use and abuse Pac as a a stepping stone to build spence or thurmans name into a ppv star once they ko Pac.

Im not saying Pac is a feather fist becuase its obvious he hits hard, but like you said he isnt a one hitter quitter mainly because he rarely loads up like errol spence does, Pac doesnt load up his punches but can still generate enough power to mark a guy up or rock him and then he finishes with arm flurries

If he does load up I think he would be a one hitter guy he loaded up on his punch with hatton and iced him

But I think he is used to the flurry style like likes flicking combos and getting out but then follows with a hard shot on the way out to keep them timid or gun shy

I just think at this stage in his career he loses to all of them, the Broner fight is a 50 50 right now, it comes down to intangibles Pacs age and weak chin, and Broners iron jaw and youth.

Broner has heart too he will not lie down for Pac like Lucas did.

I think Porter destroys Pacman, Danny Garcia knocks him out cold in the later rounds, Thurman will box Pac up, Crawford possible stoppage, Spence will KO pac in 5 rounds too big too strong to long.

I think Pacman cannot hang with any of the top welters, his goal is if he beats Broner to try and get a Mayweather rematch than retire, but Floyd is not going to give a rematch he suckered and lied to Pac to sign with Haymon, so Haymon will use and abuse Pac as a a stepping stone to build spence or thurmans name into a ppv star once they ko Pac.

Well we agree on most things.But where we differ is Broner's standing at 147 and pac having a weak chin. Pac can take a punch and has continued to show that. I think Pac is more competitive against the elite at 147 then Broner. He would have a better showing against Porter and may beat him. I disagree with your Garcia projection because I think Pac has a good shot at beating him as well as long as he stays away from that left hook, also Pac gives Thurman a better fight then people think but I don't disagree with your opinion of the result, and your damn right he loses to Crawford by UD with a great chance at a stoppage and Spence puts Pac into a damn grave. Now ask yourself how does Broner do against them same fighters. I think he does MUCH worse then Pac, against the Elite of 147 if and when Broner chooses to try and open up I think he's going to get his brains bashed in. Pac can hang with some of the top welters like Garcia and especially Porter but he aint beating crawford and he'll lose his life against Spence. Also Mikey would pose some serious problems against Pac as well, and I would probably favour Mikey to win. But all those fighters would dominate Broner.

Broner does lie down for fighters he refuses to punch and accepts losing every round if he can stay off the canvas. Broner has shown who he is as a fighter, despite his age he just does not have certain intangibles that great fighters need like courage and he continues to try and be Floyd and ends up looking like a nightmare version of Floyd.

Last edited:
Well we agree on most things.But where we differ is Broner's standing at 147 and pac having a weak chin. Pac can take a punch and has continued to show that. I think Pac is more competitive against the elite at 147 then Broner. He would have a better showing against Porter and may beat him. I disagree with your Garcia projection because I think Pac has a good shot at beating him as well as long as he stays away from that left hook, also Pac gives Thurman a better fight then people think but I don't disagree with your opinion of the result, and your damn right he loses to Crawford by UD with a great chance at a stoppage and Spence puts Pac into a damn grave. Now ask yourself how does Broner do against them same fighters. I think he does MUCH worse then Pac, against the Elite of 147 if and when Broner chooses to try and open up I think he's going to get his brains bashed in. Pac can hang with some of the top welters like Garcia and especially Porter but he aint beating crawford and he'll lose his life against Spence. Also Mikey would pose some serious problems against Pac as well, and I would probably favour Mikey to win. But all those fighters would dominate Broner.

Broner does lie down for fighters he refuses to punch and accepts losing every round if he can stay off the canvas. Broner has shown who he is as a fighter, despite his age he just does not have certain intangibles that great fighters need like courage and he continues to try and be Floyd and ends up looking like a nightmare version of Floyd.
Lets just put it this way a prime pacquiao who beat cotto would mop the floor with every single one of them including spence, but pacman is not the same beast, its like the current version of roy jones jr he gets whooped by every top guy, but a prime roy mops the floor with all the 168 pounders today, broner actually does better against crawford and spence because he has an iron chin and better defense, where pacquiao will leave himself open reaching and get countered by crawford and spence.

Lets just put it this way a prime pacquiao who beat cotto would mop the floor with every single one of them including spence, but pacman is not the same beast, its like the current version of roy jones jr he gets whooped by every top guy, but a prime roy mops the floor with all the 168 pounders today, broner actually does better against crawford and spence because he has an iron chin and better defense, where pacquiao will leave himself open reaching and get countered by crawford and spence.

Ok let me put this on the table. I don't think Broner has better defense then Pac, I think he try's to be more defensive fighter but is just not good enough to pull it off. Broner is at his best when he walks towards fighters and lets his hands go but he no longer has the heart to face what is coming back at him. Also, Pac is not getting knocked silly every other fight so he is not shop worn like RJJ. Broner's chin is not his saving grace it's his penchant to stop punching and not take any risks when he gets tagged over and over again. And I agree that Crawford counters Pac and Spence body shots Pac into oblivion, but Broner is not on their level and that is why Pac will take him out.

Ok let me put this on the table. I don't think Broner has better defense then Pac, I think he try's to be more defensive fighter but is just not good enough to pull it off. Broner is at his best when he walks towards fighters and lets his hands go but he no longer has the heart to face what is coming back at him. Also, Pac is not getting knocked silly every other fight so he is not shop worn like RJJ. Broner's chin is not his saving grace it's his penchant to stop punching and not take any risks when he gets tagged over and over again. And I agree that Crawford counters Pac and Spence body shots Pac into oblivion, but Broner is not on their level and that is why Pac will take him out.
Broner has those canelo combos, he will fire off sharp fast three punch combos when you reach in. I think broner gas the better defense because like you say he stops punching when tagged hard and focus more on covering up. I think broner will cover up and let pacman punch himself out and then attack a tired older pacman and finish him off with ease in round seven.

I don’t think Pac hits as hard as people think. At least not compared to people in the higher weight classes he fought in.

We have to realize how small Pac is.

He’s obviously a great puncher but I think what made him unique is his work rate, combinations and speed.

I don’t think Pac hits as hard as people think. At least not compared to people in the higher weight classes he fought in.

We have to realize how small Pac is.

He’s obviously a great puncher but I think what made him unique is his work rate, combinations and speed.
Shawn Porter claims Pacquiao was the hardest puncher he felt sparring or fighting and Pac was wearing 14s, I think maybe Pacman is a puncher but like you said he is fighting out of his weight if he fought at 135 he would probably be knocking guys ice cold but he also doesn't like loading up on shots like how Spence does, pac loves throwing those fast arm punch flurries.

Broner has those canelo combos, he will fire off sharp fast three punch combos when you reach in. I think broner gas the better defense because like you say he stops punching when tagged hard and focus more on covering up. I think broner will cover up and let pacman punch himself out and then attack a tired older pacman and finish him off with ease in round seven.

Pac will not gas against a fighter like Broner who is more reactive a fighter in his nature then anything. Broner will throw two, or three punch combos and will either try to hold his ground and try to roll the punches and attempt to counter or he'll fire his jab and pivot away. The problem is he is not an accurate counter puncher and when he tries to hold his ground and roll punches he gets hit with clean punches a lot and often, happened in the Maidana fight, the porter fight, the Garcia fight, and the Vargas fight. His usual response is to then to shake his head after getting hit by clean punches like they didn't just clock him in the head and face. Canelo is excellent at holding his ground while defending against punches and is an extremely accurate counter puncher so he is able to minimize the damage he takes while maximizing the damage he gives in those positions unlike Broner.

To your second point. Pac is past throwing endless combinations at a fighter covering up for example his past fight against Clottey. Pac now picks his shots and will throw a three punch combo Max usually. And when Broner stops throwing punches and shells up, Pac is going to conserve his energy by taking his time, throwing short combinations and stepping to the side and turning Broner, then rince and repeat while hitting Broner over and over again. Rather then gas Pac after a while Broner is going to take a lot of damage and this is going to drain him, the question will during the later rounds if Pac will finish the job..... I think there is a high possibility of this because I see Pac being able to hurt and drop Broner earlier in the fight setting up a potential finish in the later rounds.

I used to support Broner, but I've come to accept he is who he is. A fighter that can't win the big fights.

AB don't even throw punches in his fights anymore. And he'd have to in order to land

Shawn Porter claims Pacquiao was the hardest puncher he felt sparring or fighting and Pac was wearing 14s, I think maybe Pacman is a puncher but like you said he is fighting out of his weight if he fought at 135 he would probably be knocking guys ice cold but he also doesn't like loading up on shots like how Spence does, pac loves throwing those fast arm punch flurries.

Pacs style of punching is interesting. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought of it as “arm punching”

The thing is when you go off of what fighters say, it depends on how they feel about the guy they’re talking about. If they liked the guy, “oh he’s the hardest blah blah blah”

Especially guys like Mayweather. Everything he says has a motive.

These guys don’t think about this stuff like fans do, who are obsessed with statistics and perceptions of power.

I feel that Broner isn't busy enough and Pacquiao will pick him apart, but at this stage in both of their career this fight is fairly even.

I still think a 75% Pacquiao is good enough to beat an 100% Broner right now.

Back