Media Manny Pacquiao Announces He's Fighting Floyd Mayweather In Rizin

Throw in Conor for a triple threat

Special ref Khabib

Seriously? The first fight didn't even come close to living up to the hype. It was years past its due date. To add insult to injury it was a $100 PPV.

Not true

Floyd in his PBF days wasn't afraid to go toe to toe & used to KO guys. In his Money phase he became a safety first boring UD fighter, the lack of KO's also had to do with him moving up in weight along with hand issues

augustus was so good

Thought Manny was gonna do the Olympics?
<Fedor23>
Wouldnt be surprised if he does both. Pac has always had an impossible scheduel. I’m not even talking about bullshit like his singing albums and fundraisers. Manny competes regularly in national level pool/snooker games and coaches a basketball team, and even runs a small regional mma org, not to mention he owns shares in both OneFC and Rizin.

The russians/Ukrainians usually turn to politics after retirement. Manny was in congress for a large portion of his career.

Translating what I just posted (haha) -

Manny's probably broek, and he needs the money for the next elections that's why.
Lol at him being “broek”.
Only thing broken about manny is his English.

Wouldnt be surprised if he does both. Pac has always had an impossible scheduel. I’m not even talking about bullshit like his singing albums and fundraisers. Manny competes regularly in national level pool/snooker games and coaches a basketball team, and even runs a small regional mma org, not to mention he owns shares in both OneFC and Rizin.

The russians/Ukrainians usually turn to politics after retirement. Manny was in congress for a large portion of his career.

Lol at him being “broek”.
Only thing broken about manny is his English.
A typo.
But dude is broke, or approaching it.
That Presidential run of his did not do his bottomline - weighed down laughably by variegated, willy nilly endeavors - any favors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd took this fight. It would be HUGE money, and Floyd likely has aged better than Manny.

everyone can hate on this but I’m excited to watch them fight again.

Better late than never. First fight wasn't very good, but what the hell. I'm down to see them go at it again.

Will they announce a winner or will it be one of those "no winner is delcared" things?

Yeah from what I remember, Manny was the aggressor and tried to make it a fight, Floyd utilized his defense and appeared to run and back up a lot of times.
It was a huge let down considering it was billed as the fight of the century
It had more clinching than a randy couture fight.

Manny did actually blitz thurman relatively recently

A typo.
But dude is broke, or approaching it.
That Presidential run of his did not do his bottomline - weighed down laughably by variegated, willy nilly endeavors - any favors.
I dont understand what you mean. Do you have any insider info none of us are aware of?
And dont tell me living i. Philipines is proof of anything. If I hd a dollar for every us citizen that said was broke during election i’d be in Forbes magazine. Then we found out he’s the only candidate who is self-funded.

Manny did actually blitz thurman relatively recently
That was 4 and a half years ago…

I dont understand what you mean. Do you have any insider info none of us are aware of?
And dont tell me living i. Philipines is proof of anything. If I hd a dollar for every us citizen that said was broke during election i’d be in Forbes magazine. Then we found out he’s the only candidate who is self-funded.
There you go.

And also, I do know some people in his campaign team. I worked for another political party in 2022 but I did have a couple of friends over at his. That was the word the last time out. He overspent, after initially getting encouraged by how well he was doing in the campaign trail (in the early stages at least).

I must admit I don't have proof of it on paper, though.

EDIT: His SOCE (Statement of Contributions and Expenditures) detailing how much he spent during the elections is somewhere around 120 million pesos (just over 2 million US dollars). But everyone here (not just those working in politics) knows that that's not even the tip of the iceberg, at all. Vote-buying is massive here, and it's so ingrained in the culture it's actually downright openly demanded by MOST voters. Voters in many areas literally expect candidates to bid for their votes.

Last edited:
There you go.

And also, I do know some people in his campaign team. I worked for another political party in 2022 but I did have a couple of friends over at his. That was the word the last time out. He overspent, after initially getting encouraged by how well he was doing in the campaign trail (in the early stages at least).

I must admit I don't have proof of it on paper, though.

EDIT: His SOCE (Statement of Contributions and Expenditures) detailing how much he spent during the elections is somewhere around 120 million pesos (just over 2 millions US dollars). But everyone here (not just those working in politics) knows that that's not even the tip of the iceberg, at all. Vote-buying is massive here, and it's so ingrained in the culture it's actually downright openly demanded by MOST voters. Voters in many areas literally expect candidates to bid for their votes.
That’s all pretty interesting material to hear, not being sarcastic.

But alas, your conclusion is still purely speculation.

Some people have money to spend.

When I saw Elon pass Lex Luthor at the richest forbes list, first thing I thougt, I’d rather be Bezos still, partying most nights at clubs dressed like a teen stripper, while the former sleeps at his factory.

I forgot what my point was or what we’re talking about so i’ll press post.

That’s all pretty interesting material to hear, not being sarcastic.

But alas, your conclusion is still purely speculation.

Some people have money to spend.

When I saw Elon pass Lex Luthor at the richest forbes list, first thing I thougt, I’d rather be Bezos still, partying most nights at clubs dressed like a teen stripper, while the former sleeps at his factory.

I forgot what my point was or what we’re talking about so i’ll press post.
Ehhh why bother arguing about other people's money, right?
Have a good one.
<{ohyeah}>

Weren’t they out of their prime the first time they fought. It’s been so long I can’t remember.
They were but Floyd had the benefit of being undefeated and not being splatted facefirst by a recent opponent. I still think he would have lost had they fought right after Oscar. That type of style doesn't age well, I thought he'd be shot well before he actually retired, as in, about 6-7 years earlier. Don't know what the fight is for, I thought Pac looked very unsure of himself against Floyd, that's not something that would change. I don't believe the injury talk, not without proof, especially from a guy who has a history of flakey excuses.

Ehhh why bother arguing about other people's money, right?
Have a good one.
<{ohyeah}>

Hmm, maybe somebody reading this right now with good hacking skills can allegedly peep in his bank accounts and PM us.

Edit: if anybody can break into his house (also allegedly of course) and count the amount of cash lying around.

Then we won’t ever need to argue. Everybody wins!

Rizin has an endless budget for freakshow fights.

I don't believe the injury talk, not without proof, especially from a guy who has a history of flakey excuses.
USADA was made aware of the injury a few weeks before the fight and gave Manny the green light to use Todorol which numbed the pain and allowed him to keep training. Then when he went to get the Todorol shot the night of the fight the commission stopped him from doing so.

Huge fan of Pacquiao but I couldn't care less for this fight. Too washed up old men fighting way past their prime. No thank you.

Back