Manny Pacquiao vs. Marcos Maidana.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I wish we could have seen this fight, it would have been a war. Who would have won?

Pacman. He has a better style for Maidana than Floyd did. Maidana works best for someone going backwards/ relatively stationary. Manny would come right at him, and connect with shorter, straighter, faster shots

I think current Maidana could try to take on AJ or Wilder.

I think current Maidana could try to take on AJ or Wilder.

I’ve said it a ton before but I love Fat Maidana.

Manny beats Maidana. Guys who beat Manny later in his career (Marquez and Mayweather specifically) were cerebral fighters who knew how to use Mannys aggression against him. But if you went out there looking to go toe to toe, you were going to get your ass kicked (hell, Juan got his ass kicked in the fight he won). Cotto was a smart counter puncher too, and he got pieced up. I don’t see anything Marcos brings to the table that gives him any advantage here.

Pac by stoppage under 5.

I pick Maidana, you want to know why? Because fuck you that is why

Mayweather specifically

The Manny from Mayweather fight was injured and a shell of his former skill level. If we are talking prime Manny the Mayweather fight imo would look completely different.

Maidana I agree. He would not make it to the end of the fight. Manny by beatdown

The Manny from Mayweather fight was injured and a shell of his former skill level. If we are talking prime Manny the Mayweather fight imo would look completely different.

Maidana I agree. He would not make it to the end of the fight. Manny by beatdown

We’ve argued this a lot on the forum. That fight doesn’t look that different. Mannys arms looked fine when he was ripping Floyd with combinations in the 4th and 6th.

I’ve said it a ton before but I love Fat Maidana.

Manny beats Maidana. Guys who beat Manny later in his career (Marquez and Mayweather specifically) were cerebral fighters who knew how to use Mannys aggression against him. But if you went out there looking to go toe to toe, you were going to get your ass kicked (hell, Juan got his ass kicked in the fight he won). Cotto was a smart counter puncher too, and he got pieced up. I don’t see anything Marcos brings to the table that gives him any advantage here.

Pac by stoppage under 5.

Pac batters Maidana, you've said why.

Now, as for Maidana's getting stopped and Pac stopping people at 147, I doubt it. I'd say a wide UD for Pac, with a 5 to 10% puncher's chance for Marcos.

Pac batters Maidana, you've said why.

Now, as for Maidana's getting stopped and Pac stopping people at 147, I doubt it. I'd say a wide UD for Pac, with a 5 to 10% puncher's chance for Marcos.

I don't think Manny knocks him out cold (Maidana survived that liver shot from Khan; he probably still feels a sting anytime he drinks), but I think either the ref or the corner would stop it.

I guess it also depends when the fight happens, too. If it happens around the time Manny fought Hatton, I'd pick stoppage. If it happens around the time he fought Rios, I'll lean more towards a UD. Brandon is every bit as tough as Marco's but just not as refined (which is saying something). If Manny couldn't stop him he probably wouldn't stop Maidana at that same point.

Back