News Manoel Sousa sues PFL after company stopped him from fighting at DWCS

What's the issue here?

Dude signed the contract. If he didn't like the terms he shouldn't have signed.

And lol at the crap about him not being able to read it. How dumb you have to be to sign a contract that you can't even read a word of?

Because people on here constantly shit on the UFC & Dana White, but when it is revealed another org does it. It's usually crickets. It's a sense the same haters who hate on the UFC will not even have a mention of what PFL is also doing.
U PFL Cheap?

U PFL Cheap?
Impossible, they just signed Ngannou to a 30million contract, ability to box, president of PFL Africa. Healthcare for all the fighters on the rosters and out in the sand mines. PFL is doing okay.

PFL has to be the least professional MMA org on the planet at this point. Adding a 3 year term to a 1 fight contract? Who tf does that.

Thats actually crazy, a 3 year term to a 1 fight contract, what's that even mean exactly?

Sounds like he should be suing his agent rather than the PFL, who is simply holding him to what he signed up for.

Yeah, the Brazilian Prospect who was probably making 1500 a fight probably has lawyer money and I'm genuinely curious who his agent even was.

PFL are good guys, Jake & Francis will make tings right asap. Big misunderstanding I'm sure.

Sounds like he fucked up or his management did..

How the fuck do you not know if u can or cant do something contractually...

Thats the point of the contract...

Dude just bummy cuz he cant make into PFL or the UFC .

The PFL should turn this into a positive and just offer him a fight. It seems petty when he doesn't appear to have an offer to fight from PFL. It is a pretty brutal contract for a guy paid almost nothing and not getting offered PFL fights.

There was another fighter, Ante Delija that was pulled from his co-main fight in Abu Dhabi against Ciryl Gane days out of the fight because he was still under contract with PFL. So it has happened more than once and in that case one of their fighters were even booked to fight on a UFC card as a co-main event. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/pfl-blocks-ante-delija’s-debut-in-the-ufc.4140014/

Hopefully the UFC can pick him up now that he's out of the playoffs.

PFL are being absolutely retarded holding him to this. They decided against signing him properly, so they want him to sit for three years incase they decide to use him again?

That's a great way to make sure nobody decent signs up for PFL Challenger Series in 2024.

Sounds like he fucked up or his management did..

How the fuck do you not know if u can or cant do something contractually...

Thats the point of the contract...

Dude just bummy cuz he cant make into PFL or the UFC .

By bummy do you mean you think he's a bad fighter? Cos Manumito absolutely is not a bad fighter.

What this has to do with anything? He is tied to PFL, so PFL has all the rights. UFC always did the same, why PFL should be any different?
It seems he is "tied" with them despite not being offered a fight deal, with the UFC it seems clear, they either have fights/time left or they dont, but they know what they sign for.

That's rough. Three years and you may potentially never be anything other than just a backup.

PFL are being absolutely retarded holding him to this. They decided against signing him properly, so they want him to sit for three years incase they decide to use him again?

That's a great way to make sure nobody decent signs up for PFL Challenger Series in 2024.

yeah I see a lot of people in this thread missing this obvious point. That is insane for a “private contractor” and I’m surprised it’s even enforceable (depending on the state). I wonder if they have the clause where they have to offer him a fight a certain amount of times a year like the ufc, because if not that’s bullshit. If the dude is actually illiterate, he’s probably from the favellas and I sympathize with him. At least he learned his lesson early and hopefully got new reps.

Sounds like the PFL are worse than the UFC. At least UFC contracts now have end dates.

Yeah some 8 fights contracts with 5 years duration but if you want any real increase to match your evolving value you have to sign ANOTHER 8 fight deal with 5 years time

The craziest part is that PFL's contender series only awards 1 contract per show, it makes the 3-year term even worse.

Back