Marcus Aurelius sketch

I can see the conflict and violent emotion driving across that drawing! <HisEye>

Man I went to this outdoor art affair one time and a guy literally had probably a 12x12 inch canvas just painted black.

I was stoned so I talked to him and he said it was called depression..

From that day forward I knew I could at least attempt to sell my abstract crayon art.

qa94G6.jpg

Damn sir, that's fuckin awesome.
How long have you been drawing?

I did a portrait about 2 years ago which turned out okay, but I hadn’t really kept up with it since then. Only a few months ago I started reading Andrew Loomis’ book to learn his methodology and I’ve been doing little bits of practice here and there. This is the first piece I’ve put time into. I think I have a decent fundamental understanding of how to build up values and adding highlights and what not, it’s just I found it really difficult to place facial features and construct the skull / facial planes, so I downloaded Loomis’ book in PDF which is free and started reading. There’s so much material out there freely available for people to dive into anything they want

These are some of my sketches that show the most basic breakdown of the skull and feature placement

IMG_2526.jpeg

I did a portrait about 2 years ago which turned out okay, but I hadn’t really kept up with it since then. Only a few months ago I started reading Andrew Loomis’ book to learn his methodology and I’ve been doing little bits of practice here and there. This is the first piece I’ve put time into. I think I have a decent fundamental understanding of how to build up values and adding highlights and what not, it’s just I found it really difficult to place facial features and construct the skull / facial planes, so I downloaded Loomis’ book in PDF which is free and started reading. There’s so much material out there freely available for people to dive into anything they want

These are some of my sketches that show the most basic breakdown of the skull and feature placement

View attachment 1041329
Definitely badass sir.

The facial map is a difficult one to navigate, but it looks like you are nailing it.
I have tried to carve a couple of faces, and its a serious task.
I think I'm starting to understand a little, but it's different than putting it in paper.
I still have much to learn lol.

Back