Mario Yamasaki plans to attend John McCarthy referee course, regrets Priscila Cachoeira statement

Does Herb Dean plan to attend as well I bet he could learn more than Yamasaki

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Cachoeira stoppage was that bad? Sure she took a lot of shots but there was no real sustained attack if I remember right. There's been a lot worse than that one imo

Yamasaki is getting discriminated against for his religious views. People need to be more accepting of his devotion to the JBG.

Yamasaki doesn't need it. This is just for the media. He didn't do anything wrong.

I feel sorry for Super Mario having to take Big John's course to try to get more ref gigs. On the other hand, licensed professionals have to take continuing professional education for license renewal.

Its a bit worrying that UFC has so much power over the commissions to be able to ban refs they dont like

They should have that power if they have a good reason, the UFC shouldn't have to let fighters take prolonged unnecessary beatings just because a ref is an idiot, or have some schmuck ruin cards because of same idiocy.

So wait it sounds like he's not actually taking the course, but is merely attending as a spectator?

The referee subsequently released a statement defending his call by stating he allowed Cachoeira to be a warrior by fighting longer.

And this is why he can no longer be trusted.

Period.

This wasn't his first royal fuckup, and its his worst one with the dumbest explanation ever. He knowingly endangered a female fighter for no reason.

It doesn't matter if he takes John McCarthy's referee course once, twice, or a dozen times. His credibility is shot.

Whenever a fighter says they are willing to die in the octagon they should make Yamasaki the ref

Can we all just sit back and appreciate the brilliance of this post?

I feel like opening up a can and reading it a few more times.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Cachoeira stoppage was that bad? Sure she took a lot of shots but there was no real sustained attack if I remember right. There's been a lot worse than that one imo
Agreed. Mario is at fault yes but so is her own team. He team could have stopped it between rounds or thrown in the towel.
Priscila-Cachoeira-.png

I'm still OK with that stoppage.

Bunch of softies complained about that.

And this is why he can no longer be trusted.

Period.

This wasn't his first royal fuckup, and its his worst one with the dumbest explanation ever. He knowingly endangered a female fighter for no reason.

It doesn't matter if he takes John McCarthy's referee course once, twice, or a dozen times. His credibility is shot.

So was Meragliotta's cred shot when he let Cheick Kongo keep fighting against Barry?

Come on man...

So was Meragliotta's cred shot when he let Cheick Kongo keep fighting against Barry?

Come on man...

No, he improved after a bad first year.

And that wasn't a bad stoppage as compared to being beat down for minutes until the referee stops daydreaming and realizes one of the fighters stopped intelligently defending theirselves in the middle of the last round.

I'm still OK with that stoppage.

Bunch of softies complained about that.
Nobody complained when Barboza ate dozens of Khabib’s pillow fisted G&P

No, he improved after a bad first year.

And that wasn't a bad stoppage as compared to being beat down for minutes until the referee stops daydreaming and realizes one of the fighters stopped intelligently defending theirselves in the middle of the last round.

Yet when Cachoeira does the same against Valentina’s pillow fisted G&P, suddenly it’s “OMG the humanity”

Weak ass double standards.

Good thing he realizes his mistake now that he realized that he may never be able to ref in the UFC and possibly any big promotions again

Yet when Cachoeira does the same against Valentina’s pillow fisted G&P, suddenly it’s “OMG the humanity”

Weak ass double standards.

There should be different standards for punishment between male 250 pounders and female 125 pounders.

When there's alot at stake, like a belt on the line or a shot at the belt, yeah, give them another few seconds to be 100% sure. Otherwise, its not worth risking pernament damage to a fighter.

And Mazzaggatti's incompetence in a fighter's first UFC fight? Unforgivable.

Back