Media Mark Hunt was offered bribe to take a dive in a fight for 3-4 million dollars

Do you believe Mark Hunt was offered millions to take a dive?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Feels like bullshit, after all these lawsuits against the UFC, I feel like Hunt has lost his credibility, jabbering on now to Ariel about being offered millions ot take a dive lol.

Is this the same fighter who sued UFC for losing a fight and also made 900 000 $ on his last bout in UFC against Justin Willis? I mean Francis Ngannou was not even close for 900 000$

And now this!?

Attacking an individual's character because you can't refute their argument is known as an ad-hominem fallacy.
Lol that intro to philosophy course sure paying off eh? ;)

You're right... everything everyone says should be taken at face value regardless of the credibility of that person. I guess the raving lunatic at the bus stop who says he was Napoleon was actually telling the truth? 🤔

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Hunt-launches-tirade-against-Dana-White.html

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/15/...mon-possibly-grim-reaper-three-four-times-mma

I'm sorry that other people have terrible memories but I'm sure not going to humor the outlandish claims by someone who has admitted to (and has been diagnosed as having) chronic brain damage. It has absolutely nothing to do with his character so your ad-hominem claim is total bs. If you tell your friend he's too drunk to drive, is that an attack on his character? Should you listen to him out of respect? lol

I don't even know why his story was worthy of an article in 2024. He's already admitted that he can't remember things on a day to day basis and yet we're supposed to believe a ridiculously farfetched story from 20 years ago... why... exactly? I don't know if people just feel sad about his CTE and repress the memories of all of the crazy crap he's said over the past few years but Hunt is clearly not all there (being polite) and he is not to be taken seriously. Was a great fighter but sadly, he's paying the price for it now

I would point out that losing against a fight sport promoter in a Nevada court is not really that damaging to your credibility.

I would tend to agree though that Japanese promoters simply wouldnt have 3-4 million to throw around like that even if they wanted to fix a fight, I think the only way you'd get that kind of money involved back then would be gambling.

If people in Pride/K-1 made big money it didnt tend to be direct from the promoter but rather endorsement deals exploiting the degree of TV exposure they got.

I believe he said 'in Australia'.
For some reason I thought I'd was his boxing match with Paul Gallen.

If you think that the ufc hasn't tried to rig or fix fights to go a certain way, you live in a fantasy world.

No doubt.

People are trying to bury his career because of some social media posts.

The guy has some of the most exciting fights ever and most courageous moments in history

"yea but i dont like him complaining on social media. he sucks,fuck his career"

He should be celebrated and beloved.

The real ones still do.
Man MMA fans are so damn fickle. Mark Hunt was a fighter’s fighter. He was always undersized but didn’t care, he fought anybody and everybody. Was always vocal about PED’s. His physique never changed, pre or post USADA.

I can’t remember a boring fight of his (it may exist but I can’t remember). Mark fought and you knew the JBG would be celebrating

Used to win a fair bit of money backing against Hunt so he’ll always have my respect.

Did you even watch Conor vs Cowboy? It was the most obvious paid dive in the history of any sport. Literally happened the same year Cowboy started his acting career....
Why would they need to pay him? It was a squash match.

Man MMA fans are so damn fickle. Mark Hunt was a fighter’s fighter. He was always undersized but didn’t care, he fought anybody and everybody. Was always vocal about PED’s. His physique never changed, pre or post USADA.

I can’t remember a boring fight of his (it may exist but I can’t remember). Mark fought and you knew the JBG would be celebrating
Undersized?

When a fighter comes out and admits it during their career I will believe it !’

Did you even watch Conor vs Cowboy? It was the most obvious paid dive in the history of any sport. Literally happened the same year Cowboy started his acting career....
Cowboy getting blown away in the first round isn't a surprising outcome, it had literally happened in his previous fight. There's no reason to make up a conspiracy about this fight other than being a Conor hater upset that he got a first round KO, which he is known to do so.

You are displaying your low intellect here, there is no reason to believe the UFC would risk their entire business to fix a fight for Conor that he was already expected to win by KO. There is zero incentive to do that.

Are UFC still bleeding this guy of all his monies in court?
Lmao cmon Hunto
<{hughesimpress}> <36><{cruzshake}>

I feel like Hunt got nervous he was caught bsing, his body language was all weird when Ariel gave him like the "for real?" response.

Maybe he got offered 50k in pride to throw a fight, no way he was offered 3-4 million to throw a pride fight lol.
you never how much was bet on the other guy..

I'll never forget Hunt going toe to toe with Derek Lewis. No fear in that man. His last master performance. He should have retired that night.

Cowboy getting blown away in the first round isn't a surprising outcome, it had literally happened in his previous fight. There's no reason to make up a conspiracy about this fight other than being a Conor hater upset that he got a first round KO, which he is known to do so.

You are displaying your low intellect here, there is no reason to believe the UFC would risk their entire business to fix a fight for Conor that he was already expected to win by KO. There is zero incentive to do that.
Theres absolutely plenty of incentive. Cowboy shouldve easily won.

Let's be honest here, if I was cowboy, I'd say I was bribed cuz being wobbled by a shoulder punch and losing badly to conor is crazy embarrassing. Never respecting him since.

Theres absolutely plenty of incentive. Cowboy shouldve easily won.

Let's be honest here, if I was cowboy, I'd say I was bribed cuz being wobbled by a shoulder punch and losing badly to conor is crazy embarrassing. Never respecting him since.

{<huh}

Cowboy was 0-2, both losses coming via KO. What on earth gives you the impression he should have easily won? Conor was a -320 favorite. I was there, everyone was complaining it was a gimmie fight and that Conor would knock him out. And that's what happened.

You're just a Conor hater. Own up to it. There was zero incentive to fix that fight. No money to be made and the matchup was specifically set up to make Conor look good against an aging veteran prone to getting KO'd.

I feel like Hunt got nervous he was caught bsing, his body language was all weird when Ariel gave him like the "for real?" response.

Maybe he got offered 50k in pride to throw a fight, no way he was offered 3-4 million to throw a pride fight lol.
Agree. And how did he not know if it was 3 or 4 million? That’s a big difference.

He says a fight in Australia, so that discounts PRIDE

Yeah assuming he's telling the truth he could be talking about his fight against Paul Gallen or Sonny Bill Williams. He mentions he was having a tough time with the separation, I'm not sure when he got separated but I think it was after the UFC.

Sonny Bill's fight against Francois Botha was a dodgy one, Williams started off well but Botha was coming right back, all of a sudden the planned 12 round fight finished after 10 and Williams won on points!

For the record Hunt knocked out Williams in their fight after starting pretty slow.

Back