Mark Hunt's boxing match

I guess that’s considered “boxing” on that side of the globe...

BlaringScaredLeonberger-max-1mb.gif

That rugby player turned pro in 2014 and has had 11 boxing matches. It's not like he just walked off the rugby pitch like is being implied.

But that said, like half (or more) of his fights have been against other ex rugby players haha

Mark wobbled him in all but one round....
Result was called after reading only two scorecards....
Shady

Edit:
By the comments in this thread you'd think Mark lost fair and square. I guess no one watched the whole fight, just the highlights.

Mark won 1,2,4, making it a draw in the worst case.
Best case Mark wins based on effective striking, rocking Gal in 5 out of 6 rounds.

I guess people think Gal won because of a higher output, a great 3 round in the clinch and expectation management (everyone expected Mark to win via knockout, didn't happen, so Mark sucks and Gal won)....

Just read some of the mainstream Aussie media : "Gal withstood Hunts punches... Gal took great punishment and still fought till the end... Hunts big punches not enough...." All praising Gall for getting beat up and "still winning" lol...

Last edited:
Round 1 - Rugby
2 - Hunt
3 - Rugby
4 - Hunt
5 - Rugby
6 - Rugby

Rugby outworked and out maneuvered Hunt in the phone booth. He found a lot of success with the jab in the final two rounds.

Hunt landed round winning punches in the 2nd and 4th. He was a sitting duck once he got tired. At least he can still take a punch.

Hunt looked like he was playing with him but at the same time didnt have the killer instinct to finish him off when he put a decent shot on him.. weird

Hit didn't do bad in that. He wasn't finished just needs to get used to boxing volume and pace. A lot more punches than he's used to throwing and defending against.

Jesus, has Mark been quarantined this year at the Asian buffet?

that was a good scrap .... hunt was pacing himself but he got outworked the entire fight... probably could give him the couple rounds he rocked gallen, but gallen deserved the nod... hunt looked really decent and still has that power in that big right hand... gallen's chin helled up, but just barely

Back