Married Bros, do you have a curfew?

DaleBoca

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The reason I ask this is because one of my buddies who recently got married basically has a curfew of 1230-1245. Every time we go out now, he tells the group that he needs to leave by 12, because she'll know that he's at the bar and she doesn't like it when he goes to bars with his single friends.

She wasn't like this when they were dating. It rapidly changed after she moved in and they got hitched.

I know a couple dudes like this but I also have friends who have plenty of room of freedom but what about you, SherBros, does the Mrs allow you to go out with the guys and doesnt hassle you to be home at a certain time or continuously texts you when you're out?

tumblr_of9tv9o7631sytxt5o1_400.gif

I've never had a curfew, but my wife did start to complain after i was staying out til 3am quite often. But i admit it was excessive so i cut back on that.

I wouldn't tolerate a curfew though. I'm a grown ass man.

nope,she don't ask me where I've been,i don't tell her where to go.

Lol- Ive been married almost 11 years- There has never been an official curfew set, buuuuuuutttttt.......she knows I have one, I know I have one.... so I guess its an unwritten curfew. But honestly, Im 43, and I have no desire to go out anywhere past 8 pm, unless Im with my wife and son. Id rather be home on a Friday night, lying in bed, chatting with you guys. FML.

Out of respect to my wife and children I like to be home before they go to bed.

99% of the time I'm at a bar I am with my wife so it's all good.

The reason I ask this is because one of my buddies who recently got married basically has a curfew of 1230-1245. Every time we go out now, he tells the group that he needs to leave by 12, because she'll know that he's at the bar and she doesn't like it when he goes to bars with his single friends.

She wasn't like this when they were dating. It rapidly changed after she moved in and they got hitched.

I know a couple dudes like this but I also have friends who have plenty of room of freedom but what about you, SherBros, does the Mrs allow you to go out with the guys and doesnt hassle you to be home at a certain time or continuously texts you when you're out?

<DrakeLaugh>

If the misses expects to eat, then she will keep her mouth shut and have my slippers ready when I get home....

Seriously though, no I don't have a curfew, but I really don't go out much. I'll go out from time to time with my buddies to grab a drink but I usually get home before midnight. I was never a big party guy though, so not sure how my wife would react if I stayed out till the wee hours of the night. I have 4 kids so I always feel awkward as hell if I am out to late. Plus the older I get the earlier my bedtime lol so even when I am out at 9 pm I am yawning and ready to hit the hay.

I've been married 10 years (Yesterday) and the only thing my missus says is nothing good happens after 2am.

Bunch of cucks itt.

You should have a life outside of your marriage.

And a curfew? RFLOL. Anyone with one of those is propably not even respected by the cunt who could pull it off in the first place.

Nah I dont have a curfew she just likes to know where im at and I like her to know where im at just in case some shit goes down .

She hates when I come home super late on a weeknights though but not because she is trippin but because shes a light sleeper. I try to keep it to a minimum though and usually have those kinda nights when someone is playing a weekday show and there wasnt really an option.

I dont understand if they are happily married without any kind of issues why she would be upset about this? The key to a successful marriage is to live your lives together but have your own interests sometimes. I go to a ton of ska shows and she doesnt wanna go and I dont wanna drag her around listening to her whine shes tired or its too loud and it makes us both happier to do things this way.

I guess its one thing to rush home cuz you like being married and cant wait to be home again but if its an actual rule like he be her son that shit is insane and they are gonna get a divorce

I have a friend who's dating this bitch that makes him be home by 5pm. I give him shit about it constantly and he denies that she;s forcing him, but he's admitted that "it causes problems" and that she basically throws a fit if he's not home by 5 and he "just doesn't want to deal with it". Also, he's not allowed to hang out on the weekends or any time she's not working. So we have a pretty limited window on when we can hang anymore. It's absolutely fucking pathetic that he stays with this monster but there's nothing I can really do. I sometimes question why I'm even friends with him but I've known him forever so that makes wanting to cut him loose tough. But it's just insane that he let's this bitch walk all over him and he does nothing but take it, and then he apologizes to her for making her upset. It's absolute insanity and he's in total denial. (No, she's not very good looking)

Also, when we do get to hang, she's CONSTANTLY texting him and questioning him and he's constantly on his phone replying to her because if he doesn't "it'll just cause problems." It's absolute fucking craziness, not only how nuts this psycho bitch is, but how much of a beta pussy my friend is.

giphy.gif

Nah I dont have a curfew she just likes to know where im at and I like her to know where im at just in case some shit goes down .

She hates when I come home super late on a weeknights though but not because she is trippin but because shes a light sleeper. I try to keep it to a minimum though and usually have those kinda nights when someone is playing a weekday show and there wasnt really an option.

I dont understand if they are happily married without any kind of issues why she would be upset about this? The key to a successful marriage is to live your lives together but have your own interests sometimes. I go to a ton of ska shows and she doesnt wanna go and I dont wanna drag her around listening to her whine shes tired or its too loud and it makes us both happier to do things this way.

I guess its one thing to rush home cuz you like being married and cant wait to be home again but if its an actual rule like he be her son that shit is insane and they are gonna get a divorce

I am not sure if he was putting on a front or what but a couple years back he would say "Man, she doesn't care where I go, she doesn't even care if we go to the titty bar." But now, he's always on the phone texting, and when he has to leave early, he turns pissy we break his balls by saying "dude, whatever, you've got a curfew, go home." So, I am suspecting that she always cared where he was, when she wasn't living with him, he could go out and not worry about coming home late or etc. They've been married a brief time, going on six months but they've been together for about 5 years or so.

I've got a couple of other friends and they could be out till 2-3 in the morning and their wives don't say a word. They'll just text and say goodnight and that's that. I've got one friend who will basically join us around 11 and he's the guy who wants to go home last, which is funny.

I have a friend who's dating this bitch that makes him be home by 5pm. I give him shit about it constantly and he denies that she;s forcing him, but he's admitted that "it causes problems" and that she basically throws a fit if he's not home by 5 and he "just doesn't want to deal with it". Also, he's not allowed to hang out on the weekends or any time she's not working. So we have a pretty limited window on when we can hang anymore. It's absolutely fucking pathetic that he stays with this monster but there's nothing I can really do. I sometimes question why I'm even friends with him but I've known him forever so that makes wanting to cut him loose tough. But it's just insane that he let's this bitch walk all over him and he does nothing but take it, and then he apologizes to her for making her upset. It's absolute insanity and he's in total denial. (No, she's not very good looking)

Also, when we do get to hang, she's CONSTANTLY texting him and questioning him and he's constantly on his phone replying to her because if he doesn't "it'll just cause problems." It's absolute fucking craziness, not only how nuts this psycho bitch is, but how much of a beta pussy my friend is.

giphy.gif
I got stressed just reading about her, not sure how he lives with her. I wonder if he actually enjoys her dominance or if he's just afraid of being alone? Reminds me of Stu's GF from The Hangover.

Good answers in here from long time married bros.

No curfew. But it's nice to call or text so she doesn't worry.

Also, we don't have kids so things are different.

If i'm drinking with a buddy i like to sober up at their place before i go home. No need for a dui. If we are out, then i just get an uber. Again, no need for a dui. You gotta be responsible

I got stressed just reading about her, not sure how he lives with her. I wonder if he actually enjoys her dominance or if he's just afraid of being alone? Reminds me of Stu's GF from The Hangover.

I honestly think he's afraid of being alone. There was one point where he actually broke up with her and tried to get with this other girl but the other girl wasn't really into him in the long run so he started feeling sorry for himself and ran back to the psycho. His whole excuse then was "people change! I can tell she's really different now!" but she's really not.

Lol, marriage is a failed institution. If your wife decides to divorce you, she'll take half of your shit. What a crock of balls.

When I come home late at night don't ask me where I've been, just count your stars I'm home again

I honestly think he's afraid of being alone. There was one point where he actually broke up with her and tried to get with this other girl but the other girl wasn't really into him in the long run so he started feeling sorry for himself and ran back to the psycho. His whole excuse then was "people change! I can tell she's really different now!" but she's really not.
I had a friend who couldn't stand being alone. Broke up with this immature drunken GF, we hung out that day for a bit and he spent a good deal of time complaining about her and saying he was done. I told him it was for the best. Dropped him off and hadn't even left his street before he called her and asked to get back together. I guess some guys are just more comfortable being with someone no matter how miserable they are.

Back