Martial Arts/MMA documentaries

Mick Dojang

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Post your favourite documentaries about MMA or martial arts in general

Just watched the '100 Man Fight' about Judd Reid doing the Kyokushin 100 man kumite. Definitely worth a watch, Reid was one of Mas Oyama's live-in students and attempts the 100-man kumite aged 40. Nice to see that that insane toughness still exists in some TMAs and it hasn't all gone the way of strip mall kids classes.

This was an interesting documentary (released the same year as Reid's kumite, coincidentally) from Ireland about the bare-knuckle boxing culture among Travellers (where it's used as a means of settling scores). The guy filmed a family over the course of 12 years, seeing how the various beefs evolved over time (and were kept going in many ways because the previous beef had been solved by a fight):

Edit:
Also should add Napoleon Blownapart's wonderful Never Die: The Rise and Fall of Pride FC

Last edited:
It isn't MMA, but it is still martial arts. When We Were Kings is probably the greatest sports documentary I've ever seen. It really allows you to understand the context to the Ali/Foreman fight, and adds to Ali's legend. So mean he made medicine sick.

That 100 'fight' video is the lamest shit I've seen. Not one of those point karate sparring matches can be called a fight. Literally just did a long one on one shark tank n acting like he went to war.

Its not really documentaries but i used to love the fight quest shows.
And on youtube, during the pandemic, one of the guys did some videos about the different episodes and the stories attached to those.
Otherwise the smashing machine and for the french speakers i recommend "toutes les forces"

Back