Movies Marvel Studios in Crisis - A Variety Article

Didn’t take long for the chuds to start frothing over woke lol.

How is chud an insult, it's a compliment, the first movie is great and the second one gave us the greatest piece of music since Tchaikovsky.

znTIYdOQbmoOQqzicu95jjpjPIE.jpg

I personally don’t put the blame on Feige, I feel this is more of a Disney problem. I just think its the result of Disney taking more and more control of the creative process. Just look at how they’ve been handling their live action remakes and their Lucas arts films, it’s all very similar. Safe bland formulaic and predictable with a heavy reliance on nostalgia bait and focusing more on setting up the next project than making a great story. I of course have no way of proving this but it has been Disneys track record as of late. Why take chances and risks when you can just copy and paste over and over?
Yeah, that's why I mentioned the ESG thing, or pressure from Disney execs/activists. We don't know everything that's going on, but he's head of Marvel Studios, and with Bob Iger being head of Disney, I blame them both.

It's hard to imagine going from Pre-infinity War to what we have now, a relatively short time.

Eh I disagree here. I watch a lot of anime and they have characters that are very OP from the get go and they still find ways to write an actual good story. It's just lazy writing. Why did the first movie have to be pretty much a carbon copy of the Star wars 4? Because they are lazy and didn't want to come up with something new.

Character development doesn't just have to be Ray being weak and learning to be a better Jedi. In fact I'd even consider that partially lazy writing we've already seen that throughout the Star Wars movie franchise. Unfortunately they didn't have the talent they needed to make a good movie regardless of how they did it. They could have had Ray be weak and learn to be a stronger Jedi and it would not have fixed the issues with those movies at all.

I always remember watching the first season of One Punch Man and wondering how they were going to handle him him being incredibly OP, it was great.

Rey was a boring Mary Sue, but you're right, even if they gave her a Rocky IV-level training montage it wouldn't have changed much. What a waste of potential.

Like the rumors of making Hercules live action black? Who are we kidding here? Do I even wanna watch that crap? Regardless of writing? How ya gonna write that in? Did Zeus get cucked?

Why can't it be the other way around? Can Zeus not like black women? And there was enough raiding and slave taking around the Mediteranean back in the day that I don't think anyone should be stressed about this.

Nuke the MCU.

Release non-connected stories.

Adapt actual comic storylines faithfully.

Have them be street level stories.

Reduce the budgets so that 400 million turns a profit.

Don't shit on the characters and have self inserts degrade the hero at every turn.

Not everything has to be a joke.

Nuke the MCU.

Release non-connected stories.

Adapt actual comic storylines faithfully.

Have them be street level stories.

Reduce the budgets so that 400 million turns a profit.

Don't shit on the characters and have self inserts degrade the hero at every turn.

Not everything has to be a joke.
No bro. You are going to get kid avengers and you are gonna like it.

I think they should do a soft reboot.

Start with individual origin stories of all the X-Men. Then it can culminate in it's own version of an Avengers End Game.

Hmm, ah yeah I guess you are right. They’d have to get a kick ass writer in there for this. It’s gotta be some believable script whip.

Ironman appears, saves NYC from some shit. Dr Strange .... 'you remind me of someone I used to know' ...
'Hi I'm Steelman, you look like Magic Mike'.

In unison - 'did we just become best friends?'

End of ACT 1.

Ironman appears, saves NYC from some shit. Dr Strange .... 'you remind me of someone I used to know' ...
'Hi I'm Steelman, you look like Magic Mike'.

In unison - 'did we just become best friends?'

End of ACT 1.

Still a better movie than The Marvels. :)

What's so annoying is it would be so easy to adapt Secret Empire.
Since when does Hollywood do the sensible thing? Especially Disney. Star Wars all we wanted was Grandmaster Luke, together with Leia and Han. They couldn't even do that. They could have easily adapted Thrawn. Marvel they dragged ass with Doom and the X-Men to prop up characters I've never heard of like Echo and the other 2 Marvels women, etc. Or replacements for Cap, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. And it still baffles me to no end that Ant-Man had 3 movies.

Not like DC is any better. The Flash is a massively popular character and he's had 1 movie and they somehow hired the most mentally deranged person they could find to play him. I'm cautiously optimistic with James Gunn's projects but I'll wait and see. My wife loves RDJ and Chris Evans so if Marvel brings them back I'm there but other than Deadpool I'm not sure. It's not in stone but rumor is they're going to recast Kang like anyone gives a shit about him.

Last edited:
Marvel's supposedly ditching Kang and going in a new direction.

Why they don't recast Kang, who knows, but perhaps having even a variant of your next big bad losing in his introduction feature wasn't a great idea to begin with. Doesn't help that Ant-Man 3 was shit.

Be interesting to see how they write him out considering they've featured so many Kangs already.

MCU may be doomed.

Marvel's supposedly ditching Kang and going in a new direction.

Why they don't recast Kang, who knows, but perhaps having even a variant of your next big bad losing in his introduction feature wasn't a great idea to begin with. Doesn't help that Ant-Man 3 was shit.

Be interesting to see how they write him out considering they've featured so many Kangs already.

MCU may be doomed.
Honestly sounds like the kind of thing some higher up exec in Disney demanded and seems like a very bad idea to me. Disney's sucess generally I think has been that they kept their hands off of the MCU for the most part and just let it be run whilst you had hack execs fucking up the DCEU constantly.

I strongly suspect Captain Marvel is the single biggest Disney influence in the MCU, they had their noses blooded by bad PR from Wonderwoman coming out before a female led MCU film but they just went with a really dull snarky character almost nobody really cared about when the short term politics died down.

I would not be surprised if Disney have pushed for the "big bigger biggest" style film making either rather than rebuilding the MCU at a lower level with interesting characters for a few years. To me it looks like there more interested in cashing in the MCU than they are building it long term anymore, most of the films have been "ok" but "ok" will inevitably lead to a decline long term.

Last edited:
Honestly sounds like the kind of thing so higher up exec in Disney demanded and seems like a very bad idea to me. Disney's sucess generally I think has been that they kept their hands off of the MCU for the most part and just let it be run whilst you had hack execs fucking up the DCEU constantly.

I strongly suspect Captain Marvel is the single biggest Disney influence in the MCU, they had their noses blooded by bad PR from Wonderwoman coming out before a female led MCU film but they just went with a really dull snarky character almost nobody really cared about when the short term politics died down.

I would not be surprised if Disney have pushed for the "big bigger biggest" style film making either rather than rebuilding the MCU at a lower level with interesting characters for a few years. To me it looks like there more interested in cashing in the MCU than they are building it long term anymore, most of the films have been "ok" but "ok" will inevitably lead to a decline long term.
I’d write the intro in a way that kills Captain Marvel in the first 5 minutes of the film.

Like they emasculated Hulk in infinity war, but worse.

CM goes to investigate an incursion and Doom snaps her neck.

I’d write the intro in a way that kills Captain Marvel in the first 5 minutes of the film.

Like they emasculated Hulk in infinity war, but worse.

CM goes to investigate an incursion and Doom snaps her neck.
To please Sherdog she would need to "lose control of her bodily functions" before she dies lol.

Honestly though I do feel thats really the main use of the character, maybe not killed but having a villian beat her to build them up is probably the main positive she could bring to the MCU.

Back