Movies Marvel Studios X-MEN Movie (Finally Finds Its Writer, post #155)

How would they introduce mutants to the MCU? Do they get transported from another universe?

How would they introduce mutants to the MCU? Do they get transported from another universe?

It will either be something to do with the Mulitverse, or some Eternals-style bullshit that Mutants have been here all along, but never revealed their Powers to the world:rolleyes:

Disappointing to hear this. That means we are like 4 years away at least from an x-men movie. It's been to long since we've had a good x-men movie.

There hasn't been a live action X-Men movie I considered good. Never bought any on disc.

It will either be something to do with the Mulitverse, or some Eternals-style bullshit that Mutants have been here all along, but never revealed their Powers to the world:rolleyes:

Are Quicksilver and Wanda mutants or did the MCU explain away their powers using something else? I know in the comics they are.

MCU Quicksilver and Wanda were the result of Hydra experiments, I think.

Although they could potentially update the characters so mutants havent been around for as long.

If I were writing it I would have it so that Mutants have actually existed for a long time, but the condition known as mutation up until recently has been very rare and their existence kept from the public. The mutant known as Magneto has been in a special prison for years and covered up by the Government for trying to start an uprising back in the 60’s or 70’s. Possibly even kept in a state of suspended animation similar to the winter soldier, this way he can still be a holocaust survivor. Charles Xavier is around too and over the years has been helping the few existing mutants hide. But now humanity is poised to start evolving again and mutation starts to occur at an alarming rate with no explanation. The government can’t explain why it’s happening more and more but one things certain, they can no longer cover it up. This of course would cause fear among the population as family members and neighbors would suddenly have abilities with no explanation. This would lead to misunderstanding and ultimately persecution, which would lead people like Charles Xavier to want to help protect the young mutants by starting up his school. Anyway just some thoughts

Last edited:
Although they could potentially update the characters so mutants havent been around for as long.

The problem with that is the guy in my Avatar right now. The Holocaust is such a defining aspect of Magneto's character, removing that connection would make him entirely different. And yes, there have been other genocides - Rawanda, Bosnia etc - but none pack such emotional impact as the Final Solution.

This was acknowledged even in the Comics, where the writers realised it was getting increasingly difficult to keep Magneto as a Holocaust Survivor, when the rest of the X Men characters barely aged over the decades. Eventually, Magneto would just be too old. So they wrote a story where he was de-aged to his physical prime, while still retaining his memories of surviving the Holocaust.

This had the bonus of allowing Mags to bump uglies with Rogue. This grossed out some fans because Eric was chronologically old enough to be Rogue's grandfather. Funny enough, no one had a problem with Wolverine hooking up with much younger women, even though he's about half a century older than Magneto;)

Last edited:
MCU Quicksilver and Wanda were the result of Hydra experiments, I think.

It's a grey area; Wanda had a natural talent for Chaos Magic, in the same way that Doctor Strange has a gift for Sorcery. This allowed her to save Pietro and herself from the unexploded Stark missile. Hydra's experiments with the Mind Stone either massively expanded her powers, or simply allowed her full access to her potential.

Quicksilver was the only other person apart from Wanda to survive the experiments, never mind develop any Powers. It's probable he had the potential for Super-Speed all along, but it took exposure to the Mind Stone to activate it.

Technically, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are Mutates rather than Mutants.

The problem with that is the guy in my Avatar right now. The Holocaust is such a defining aspect of Magneto's character, removing that connection would make him entirely different. And yes, there have been other genocides - Rawanda, Bosnia etc - but none pack such emotional impact as the Final Solution.

This was acknowledged even in the Comics, where the writers realised it was getting increasingly difficult to keep Magneto as a Holocaust Survivor, when the rest of the X Men characters barely aged over the decades. Eventually, Magneto would just be too old. So they wrote a story where he was de-aged to his physical prime, while still retaining his memories of surviving the Holocaust.

This had the bonus of allowing Mags to bump uglies with Rogue. This grossed out some fans because Eric was chronologically old enough to be Rogue's grandfather. Funny enough, no one had a problem with Wolverine hooking up with much younger women, even though he's about half a century older than Magneto;)
I think they're going to need to update Magneto's powers if they want to keep that backstory...and they should keep that backstory because it's an integral part of the character and why he thinks the way that he does. I think they could do something like say Omega mutants age at a much slower rate, or something in particular with his powers makes him age much slower. But that's not something you could take away from Magneto, just like we couldn't replace Captain America's WW2 experience with The Gulf War or Vietnam.

I don't see a lot of good options story telling wise to bring mutants in at this late stage of the game.
They've totally botched the multiverse, so I have no faith in them using that to bring them into the MCU in a seamless way.
Maybe some version of Krakoa already exists and they've been living off the grid? But that seems like it would be too similar in explaining why the Inhumans haven't been around.

Maybe Kang does something that merges timelines or universes or something ?

Disney has had the X-Men IP for over 4 years now and are just now listening to ideas? Jesus Christ.

<Prem973>
They probably got a ton of "inclusivity" ideas during that time. Disney is reportedly cutting down on their woke pandering. We'll see.

Update: May 21, 2024

Marvel Studios' X-MEN Movie Lands Hunger Games Writer Michael Lesslie

X-men-comic.jpg

Marvel Studios' X-Men movie is gaining momentum as the project lands a writer.

Michael Lesslie, who is known for his work on the series The Little Drummer Girl and the recent prequel feature The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, is in talks to pen the new film focused on Marvel Comics’ iconic mutant team, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The feature does not currently have a release date or a director attached.

X-Men remains a popular property for Disney following the recent success of well-reviewed Disney+ animated series X-Men '97. The show is a reboot of the fondly remembered X-Men: The Animated Series, which launched in 1992.

The team made its comics debut in 1963 from creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Its first feature film arrived in 2000 with 20th Century Fox’s X-Men from director Bryan Singer. Two sequels followed, with the team getting rebooted for 2011 prequel film X-Men: First Class from director Matthew Vaughn. The rebooted iteration got three sequels, with the most recent being 2019’s Dark Phoenix.

X-Men are among the characters that were available to make their long-awaited debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe due to Disney’s acquisition of Fox. Also on that list is fellow Marvel team Fantastic Four, with the studio set to release a new movie July 25, 2025, featuring stars Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Joseph Quinn and Ebon Moss-Bachrach.

Hugh Jackman, who originated his role of X-Men mainstay Wolverine in the 2000 film, returns as the cantankerous character alongside Ryan Reynolds in Marvel’s Deadpool & Wolverine, hitting theaters July 26. Jackman has also played Wolverine in a trio of stand-alone films that culminated with 2017’s much-loved Logan from director James Mangold.

What phase will this put the movie in? At this rate, just sit on the mutants until the inevitable universe reboot, like they should have with the Fantastic Four. Then open the brand new MCU with the classic titles: X-Men, FF, Avengers, Spider-Man. Introducing these legendary characters so close to the reboot seems like it'll only frustrate the fans.

That last hunger games movie was fucking terrible. This tracks with them focusing on the X-girls. If I want to watch a shitty Xmen movie ill go watch Dark Phoenix.

I also saw that Marvel wants Coogler (Black Panther) to direct. He's not very good imo. big mistake if true. Also they want to focus on the woman (if what I read is true).
Some of my favorite characters ever on X-women, so I have no problem is that is how it works out, but lets not put the writers into a box right from the get, this reboot is too important for the X franchise, and the MCU overall, to be taking direction from non-creatives.

Back