Marvin Hagler, “Anything less would be uncivilized”

Still using Old Spice. As did my father before me and his father. Aye to be a Fisherman again.....
Old Spice is arguably just as good as Right Guard. I have some Old Spice "Total Body" spray-on deodorant that I just bought. Works great.

Love the man. Funny how no one ever seemed to spill the beans on how he died. Of course, I'm not talking about the silly covid vax stuff but whatever it was that killed him. His wife doesn't want to make it publi and that is her right so, gotta respect that.

Love the man. Funny how no one ever seemed to spill the beans on how he died. Of course, I'm not talking about the silly covid vax stuff but whatever it was that killed him. His wife doesn't want to make it publi and that is her right so, gotta respect that.
"On March 13, 2021, Hagler's wife, Kay, announced that he had died of natural causes at his home in New Hampshire at the age of 66. His son James said his father was taken to a New Hampshire hospital after experiencing chest pains and difficulty breathing."

sounds like cardiac issues to me. obviously way too young to go at 66, but not exactly unheard of.

In another life, Hagler was a well to do business magnate with billions in the bank and a fondness for squab and beluga caviar.
Not hard to see why he became an actor after boxing - he's got natural charisma

Hagler is my earliest memory of a boxer. I must have been 3 years old based on the house the memory is in.

"On March 13, 2021, Hagler's wife, Kay, announced that he had died of natural causes at his home in New Hampshire at the age of 66. His son James said his father was taken to a New Hampshire hospital after experiencing chest pains and difficulty breathing."

sounds like cardiac issues to me. obviously way too young to go at 66, but not exactly unheard of.
no it isn't. the conspiracists went nuts over the vax and were haranguing her on fb, poor lady. We're not owed an answer just because we know who he is.

66 is up there but Marvin always looked fit and took pride in his appearance, him being an old elite athlete should have helped too. I think Ali and Duran got through some real challenges because of their onetime fitness, Duran recently got a pacemaker.

that there
Some people just want privacy for whatever reason, seems weird to me but we're also not owed the information, which most likely will come out someday anyways. With men, when they have health challenges, it's usually a face saving thing or even a macho thing, I watched Eddie Long get real skinny and deny rumors by saying he stopped eating Popeyes, then he's dead a month later, same for Liberace. Both of those cats were either rumored or did indeed have Aids. Prince actually probably died for that false pride, here he was at deaths door and he's more concerned about keeping his info private and telling everybody he's doing great and "save your prayers", days later he's gone, just foolish. The guy that played black panther somehow shot a movie and kept quiet how close he was to death, I think it's usually that macho bullshit, which, lets be honest, is a major cause of male health issues to begin with.

Some people just want privacy for whatever reason, seems weird to me but we're also not owed the information, which most likely will come out someday anyways. With men, when they have health challenges, it's usually a face saving thing or even a macho thing, I watched Eddie Long get real skinny and deny rumors by saying he stopped eating Popeyes, then he's dead a month later, same for Liberace. Both of those cats were either rumored or did indeed have Aids. Prince actually probably died for that false pride, here he was at deaths door and he's more concerned about keeping his info private and telling everybody he's doing great and "save your prayers", days later he's gone, just foolish. The guy that played black panther somehow shot a movie and kept quiet how close he was to death, I think it's usually that macho bullshit, which, lets be honest, is a major cause of male health issues to begin with.
i don't mind that at all, i'm not in the best of health these days and if i drop dead, so be it

i don't mind that at all, i'm not in the best of health these days and if i drop dead, so be it
But you aren't even old are you?

don't say that shit, man.

there is only one thing we say to death, not today!

Was shocked and stunned to hear he passed one of my favourite boxers ever. One of my earliest boxing memories is of him beating the shit out of Alan Minter and the idiot crowd throwing beer cans at him afterwards.

Still Minter kind of asked for it saying no black man would ever beat him.

Funny thing is i remember this commercial and that line because of Charles Barkley. He was one of their endorsements. I remember him riding a horse witht the whole equestrian get up lol. Takes me back to my childhood.

When I was a kid in grade school I drew a picture copying a magazine photo that had a still of Hagler in this commercial.

Back