• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Why would a man make a serie like this? I could understand if the producers and director was a female and a feminist. But a man?

Why? Whats his motivation?

And what is this "woke" thing? Is it just a new term for feminist?

Why would a man make a serie like this? I could understand if the producers and director was a female and a feminist. But a man?

Why? Whats his motivation?

I'm not american, but from what i understand woke is'nt just feminist, more like basically propaganda wide alliance of everything is'nt white-straight-male... unless of course white-straight-male declare himself supporter of teh woke, in that case he can jump on the circus wagon lol

The notion is that you are "awake" to the realities of various social issues. It is essentially the same as saying you are "socially conscious." It basically means that you are up to date on the current leftist social trends and manners of speech and that you actively follow and employ them.

The notion is that you are "awake" to the realities of various social issues. It is essentially the same as saying you are "socially conscious." It basically means that you are up to date on the current leftist social trends and manners of speech and that you actively follow and employ them.

I'm happy to be asleep, then:)

One think to clarify is that the term is mostly used to make fun of social justice warriors at this point. Not a lot of people are going to self identify as woke.

I wish it was something as simple as Hollywood writers/producers/directors putting their desired social issues into the movies/series they make, but I think its far more insidious than that.

There's too many franchises this has happened to with the same woke themes, for it to be coincidence.

Star Wars
Star Trek
Dr. Who
Marvel & DC comics
The MCU
The DCMU

Its communist social engineering through shoe-horning social & political messaging into entertainment to influence the young and weak minded.

Hollywood has a long history of having communists inside of it, taking bribes from Russia as far back as the 1930s, and now currently from China by allowing access to their theaters to make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Add to that, practically everyone in Hollywood is an open leftist making political statements on social media and raising money and donating to the Democrat party. And nothing can end an acting career faster than saying 'I like Trump' because they'd get immediately on the blacklist.

The issue is, what used to be subliminal messaging (subtle) is not in-your-face wokeness so obvious its condescending.

I guess we disagree there. I don't see it as a conspiracy. These people in Hollywood are just their own breed and live in a bubble. They have this desire to change the world and put in social commentary into everything. They see a problem with everything that has existed before and want to fix it.

I don't think they are Communists - ironically, they are extreme capitalists that exploit the system more than anyone. The issue is they are extremely wealthy and almost always white. The only concern they have in the world is social justice, cultural issues, diversity and inclusion. Now that you have social media, on top of their inner circle of friends, they can get 1000s of likes for simply changing the skin color or sex of a character. When they get a bit of backlash, they pat themselves on the back for upsetting the racists, sexists and all of the terrible people in the world. It plays right into their fantasy world view.

I do think it's as simple as that. The franchises you mentioned, you can trace every producer or director involved and they are either a feminist, have their pronouns on their bio, not a fan of the franchise or screaming at Trump all day on Twitter. They are just classic Hollywood liberals who are out of touch with the vast majority of people but think that they are superior and want to force change.

This is true wokeness:

Woke as a term is really just a slur at this point to make fun of people that go to the extreme with social issues. True wokeness is looking past that stuff and seeing how the system works. I'm on board with the wokeness in the video above.

I pretty much agree with Dragons review. Evil Lynn and Orco were the best part of the show.
I also agree they should have said Teela was going to be the main focus. The problem is they killed Teelas character. Teela was already a strong female character and they turned her into a whiny self absorbed asshole.

This is straight up The Last Jedi 2.0

Tomato meter 93% and audience score 37%

RT reviews love wokeness while paying customers not so much.

Used to fucking love Kevin Smith 90s movies even 00s. He went all in on woke n fans going all out

I said poor and that was being generous..

Just another woke ass mess..

This is straight up The Last Jedi 2.0

Tomato meter 93% and audience score 37%

RT reviews love wokeness while paying customers not so much.

Used to fucking love Kevin Smith 90s movies even 00s. He went all in on woke n fans going all out

He is full on sensitive with the fans hating on his take for Masters..

Meanwhile he has spent years and years hating on directors, and writers for their takes on creative properties..

While everyone is grieving, out of nowhere, Teela makes a dramatic scene by saying screw you to everybody and angrily declaring she quits the palace because she is so butthurt that nobody told her that Adam was He-Man. As I mentioned earlier, this was one of the biggest mistakes Kevin Smith made as it made viewers instantly dislike Teela.

Yes this was a huge problem off the bat.. She could have quietly gone about her job, while internally feeling devastated that her friend Adam never confided in her the truth. And now she has to mourn his death.. Carry it over to the next episode where she is questioning her future with the palace, and then decides to leave.. But nah Kevin Smith went for the full hissy fit instead..

"I am a woman who's feelings got hurt, and everyone has to deal with it now"!!!!

Yeah that was shit..

I wish it was something as simple as Hollywood writers/producers/directors putting their desired social issues into the movies/series they make, but I think its far more insidious than that.

There's too many franchises this has happened to with the same woke themes, for it to be coincidence.

Star Wars
Star Trek
Dr. Who
Marvel & DC comics
The MCU
The DCMU

Its communist social engineering through shoe-horning social & political messaging into entertainment to influence the young and weak minded.

Hollywood has a long history of having communists inside of it, taking bribes from Russia as far back as the 1930s, and now currently from China by allowing access to their theaters to make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Add to that, practically everyone in Hollywood is an open leftist making political statements on social media and raising money and donating to the Democrat party. And nothing can end an acting career faster than saying 'I like Trump' because they'd get immediately on the blacklist.

The issue is, what used to be subliminal messaging (subtle) is not in-your-face wokeness so obvious its condescending.
I can only speak to Trek and Marvel but you do realize that Trek was born part out of the civil rights movement with a focus on diversity and examining other cultures (as well as the obvious parallels to the Cold War) while Marvel - most notably the X-Men - are a direct parallel to the civil rights movement with Xavier as a stand-in for MLK and Magneto for Malcolm X. It only makes sense that both would continue with their past

He is full on sensitive with the fans hating on his take for Masters..

Meanwhile he has spent years and years hating on directors, and writers for their takes on creative properties..
What did he think would happen?

He takes a show dedicated to He man and kills him off the first episode to have 5 episodes of girl power while bringing back He man end of last episode.

Kevin Smith knows how this works He knows if ypu fuck with the source material too much you better hit a fucking slam or its going to be bombed........ Just can't figure how he thought it would do anything but bomb.

What did he think would happen?

He takes a show dedicated to He man and kills him off the first episode to have 5 episodes of girl power while bringing back He man end of last episode.

Kevin Smith knows how this works He knows if ypu fuck with the source material too much you better hit a fucking slam or its going to be bombed........ Just can't figure how he thought it would do anything but bomb.
Sadly I think he basically delivered what Netflix asked for. Too much woke bullshit going on right now. Maybe they wouldn’t approve a series that wasn’t female oriented or some bullshit? Who knows?

Back