Masvidal & Lawler are two fighters cut from the same cloth

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both are born fighters with some journeyman decision losses on their respective resume because most opponents don’t want to go toe 2 toe with either one of them except on a rare occurrence.

Jorge after this event is experiencing a career resurgence as did Lawler when he returned to the UFC for that improbable run at the title where he actually captured the belt.

On another note, Till was ranked #3, I can see Jorge getting the nod at the title if he gets the push by the UFC brass.

Robbie and Jorge were former teammates at ATT and judging from those Miami Hustle documentaries it seemed like they enjoyed training together. I doubt either guy would be looking to fight each other unless it was for the belt.

Masvidal isn’t an elite fighter.

Doesn’t mean he’s a can, he’s well rounded and is tough to look great against in most cases. But aside from Till, he’s never gotten over the hump and beaten a “top” level guy.

I don’t think he’ll ever win the title, but if he somehow did, he’d lose within the next 2 fights.

Him vs Robbie would be a good scrap though.

Also, lol @ the notion that people should stand and bang with people who have solid boxing and KO power. You guys understand the objective is to hit and not be hit right?

I see the similarities, even in their approach in the interview arena (the way they handle questions - not beating people up during the interview). I would say they're more similar across the board than dissimilar. Both are a good draw and both are good for the sport.. Both are primarily stand up fighters, both fought in and out of the UFC, both have KO power.. Robbie was a wrestling base and Jorge was a little different path but over all I see it.

I'd take a roster of Lawlers and Jorges over the BS Khabib, and Conor created. Or all the other dumbass trash talk every moron thinks is necessary to hype a fight.

Lawler has a far more impressive resume and the prime version of him would give Masvidal his first KO loss

Lawler has a far more impressive resume and the prime version of him would give Masvidal his first KO loss
The world of make believe
GreatSplendidGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

I'd take a roster of Lawlers and Jorges over the BS Khabib, and Conor created. Or all the other dumbass trash talk every moron thinks is necessary to hype a fight.
Not sure what Khabib created? He couldn't be less like Conor if he tried. Conor is very much a "Creation" while Khabib seems to be what and who he is. Even his jumping out of the Octagon to go after Danis was reactionary rather than premeditated or scripted. His quotable lines are even genuine and unrehearsed. "Number one Bullshit" and "Send me location" are awesome but not seemingly designed to be Outrageous to me.

Fuck me thread started as Masvidal & Lawler but of course got side tracked into Khabib & Conor.
giphy.gif

Masvidal vs Lawler would be a beast matchup Joe.

Definitely a fight I'd love to see regardless of rankings , If Masdival doesn't fight Edwards next I'm dwn

Back