Masvidal vs Askren

Protagoras

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If they set this fight up would anyone actually be interested in seeing it?

I can’t see it going any other way except absolute domination by Askren.

Mas only hope would be to try and catch him coming in. But if Askren showed the same kind of chin as in the Lawler fight, I’m pretty sure he’d have no problem walking through the shots.

Anybody seriously think Mas would have a chance?

Jorge is an underrated scrambler and has nice get-ups from the bottom but I doubt any of that would work against a grappler like Askren

50-45 for Askren without taking nearly as much damage as he did in the Lawler fight

That switch blitz would ko anyone but kinda hard to set it up. If Masvidal catches Askren with that then yea, if not then Askren wins.

After his fight with Robbie its clear Ben hasn't faced UFC calibre heavy hitters before. I like Askren and he did really well to survive but his striking looked atrocious. I would favour Lawler in a rematch and Masvidal.

After his fight with Robbie its clear Ben hasn't faced UFC calibre heavy hitters before. I like Askren and he did really well to survive but his striking looked atrocious. I would favour Lawler in a rematch and Masvidal.
M8, I usually agree with you, but that's just bonkers. Askren will molest both Robbie and Jorge. You need godlike TDD and/or Woodley-tier instant KO power to stop Askren and neither of them has this. The only reason why Robbie even landed anything on Askren is because Askren made a mistake while trying to take him down, he will slaughter Robbie in the rematch even faster.

<{1-10}>

So the guy who survived an all out assault, and actually won the fight, from one of the hardest hitters in the UFC is likely to lose because hasn’t faced UFC caliber heavy hitters?

<Kpop01>

Did you actually think before you typed this?

M8, I usually agree with you, but that's just bonkers. Askren will molest both Robbie and Jorge. You need godlike TDD and/or Woodley-tier instant KO power to stop Askren and neither of them has this. The only reason why Robbie even landed anything on Askren is because Askren made a mistake while trying to take him down, he will slaughter Robbie in the rematch even faster.
That fight was a one sided beatdown until the worst stoppage in recent memory.

<{1-10}>

So the guy who survived an all out assault, and actually won the fight, from one of the hardest hitters in the UFC is likely to lose because hasn’t faced UFC caliber heavy hitters?

<Kpop01>

Did you actually think before you typed this?
Meaning before Robbie he didn't face that adversity before. Do you actually read before replying or you see what you want to see?
<Kpop01>

Of coarse Gamebred has a chance. He's pretty damn good if you haven't noticed.

<{1-10}>

He can't count on always getting help from the referee, though.
Is MW wrong? Has Askren faced UFC caliber heavy hitters?

The first line though???

Wtf goes on here? There are already threads of interest and speculation. But no... I don’t think anybody gives a flying fuck, bucko.

tenor.gif

If they set this fight up would anyone actually be interested in seeing it?

I can’t see it going any other way except absolute domination by Askren.

Mas only hope would be to try and catch him coming in. But if Askren showed the same kind of chin as in the Lawler fight, I’m pretty sure he’d have no problem walking through the shots.

Anybody seriously think Mas would have a chance?

I guess I wouldn't give Jorge no chance. I suppose it's possible he catches him with a tremendous shot he doesn't see coming. Other than that Askren grinds him out until he sinks in a choke or choke variant or time expires.

Jeorge won't be able to keep Ben off him. NO ONE HAS.

Im terrified of this fight. I love them both. I also liked till and masvidal so seeing Till die out there was hard,still.

It's a tough fight for Masvidal. He's not really a one punch flash KO early in the first kind of fighter. He put a lot of work into setting Till up for that KO. I don't think Askren will oblige him on the feet for that long. With that stated, Askren's striking defense is nowhere near Till's and Masvidal wouldn't require as much set up.

The X-factor here is that Masvidal is a very good striker, but Askren is an otherworldly grappler and his chin is reliable.

He can't count on always getting help from the referee, though.
Is MW wrong? Has Askren faced UFC caliber heavy hitters?
According to him Bellator/ONE>UFC. If I knew that I must have wasted the past 15 plus years watching the wrong org.

Ben was getting punched by juiced up 185ers in ONE. He lived and he survived Lawler's assault so we can kind of assume that belt is pretty much his unless somebody stops his wrestling. Is it possible to get KO'd? Anybody can, sure. Likely? No. UFC is a jump in caliber from ONE but also 170 is a lot different than 185 and juicing isn't so obvious with testing in place.

Last edited:
WW is getting kinda exiting atm I like
Usman - Colby
Woodley - RDA
Askren - lawler - Masdival are interchangeable to me I'd like to see Robbie v Masvidal but
Askren - Robbie -
Masvidal - Edwards makes more sense

Back