Masvidal - Why do you think it is cool to act like him?

At the Press Conference, he mentioned fighters talk smack about wives, backgrounds and religions.

So what did Askren say that was so bad, I’m curious?

I actually dont know exactly tbh ben mocked him a bit but the bad blood between them makes the post fight antics a lot more acceptable tbh, after the fight he didn’t pull a khabib going on a rampage so I don’t see anything wrong with it

This should not be tolerated in the UFC. Each fighter risks their health when they enter the cage. The two followup shots to a clearly stiff opponent are pretty gross, but understandable with the adrenaline. The post fight mocks however should not be tolerated. (I understand it has been done in the past, such as tito’s burial and all, but this one was in particular disgusting). Tapping on the ground towards a clearly badly unconscious guy? Mimicking a severe knockout while the opponent is still out? Where is the humbleness?

I understand I will received criticism and “trolling” claims and that is not my intention. I think what masvidal did was amazing, fastest ko of an undefeated opponent. I understand some emotions are involved, but you are a professional and must conduct yourself as such. We have to think about what COULD have been.

If Askren suffered a serious concussion, such as a coma-inducing one (which certainly can happen by the msgnitude of the knockout), how would the post fight mocks represent our sport? Or worse, if this was the first death?

We should lay the line, otherwise what are we promoting here?

Masvidal is lowlife street trash. None of his actions are surprising.

He's the type to kick someone in the back of the head when their fighting someone else on the ground.

All these fighters taking shots at guys after the ref waves them off need to be fined and have a strike against them that will eventually lead to termination.

Its one of those things where everybody turns a blind eye too until someone seriously get hurt and them we're all gonna wonder why we didnt do something about this earlier.

Hitting someone like that in a vulnerable position like that is dangerous and exactly shy MMA is viewed as barbaric.

Im all for beating the shit out of your opponent during the fight, but when you have clearly defeated your opponent its over.

Looks like Masvidal was really gotten too. Weak minded fool

These are cage fighters. Shut the fuck up.
Lol wait until your favorite fighter gets paralized from this shit. Then lets see if you have the same train of thought.

Its a bitch move. Masvidal has a history of bitch ass behavior like this

Don't talk sh1t to Masvidal, lol.

This should not be tolerated in the UFC. Each fighter risks their health when they enter the cage. The two followup shots to a clearly stiff opponent are pretty gross, but understandable with the adrenaline. The post fight mocks however should not be tolerated. (I understand it has been done in the past, such as tito’s burial and all, but this one was in particular disgusting). Tapping on the ground towards a clearly badly unconscious guy? Mimicking a severe knockout while the opponent is still out? Where is the humbleness?

I understand I will received criticism and “trolling” claims and that is not my intention. I think what masvidal did was amazing, fastest ko of an undefeated opponent. I understand some emotions are involved, but you are a professional and must conduct yourself as such. We have to think about what COULD have been.

If Askren suffered a serious concussion, such as a coma-inducing one (which certainly can happen by the msgnitude of the knockout), how would the post fight mocks represent our sport? Or worse, if this was the first death?

We should lay the line, otherwise what are we promoting here?
Don't expect many mature responses.
I, for one, agree with you 100%.

Im a fan of both guys,let me say that first off.

Heres my take on it.

You can cry to your blue in the face of how disgusting it is,or why he hit him again after he landed the knee,but this IS the sport. This is the kind of shit everyone bitches about NOT being there,when you have a fight without passion ,a fight your not excited to see,when there isnt any animosity.

Masivdal ALREADY comes to fight with a chip on his shoulder as it is,and he REALLY didnt like Askren,really didnt wanna lose to this guy. Avoided going to pressers,probably because he wouldnt be able to sit there and take what Askren would say about him without fighting him right there and getting into trouble.

He brought that animosity into the fight,and immediatley unloaded all of it at askren soon as the bell hit. That violence and the killing instinct is what we all pay to see. He said himself in the post fight,he thought he might get up after the knee. Im not trying to sound like a tough guy when i say this but youll take it that way anyway. When you are training to fight,you have to capitalize on a downed opponent,its in your damn DNA. Thats literally what he is trained to do for 2 months,getting paid to do. Yes sometimes people see the guys out and they catch themselves,but it cant always go that way,esp with the berserk vibe Masvidal was on. I dont think he even expected it to end that fast,and he couldnt turn that shit off like a light switch. I wish he didnt do all that after the fight stuff,i dont condone it,honestly,but I do understand it. You want guys to go out and kill for your pleasure and then "no wait now dont. I didnt say simon says" That has to be taken into account,esp with an emotional fighter like Masvidal. Yes he stopped when the ref pulled him off but hes still got alot of rage left and got to do something with it.

I actually dont know exactly tbh ben mocked him a bit but the bad blood between them makes the post fight antics a lot more acceptable tbh, after the fight he didn’t pull a khabib going on a rampage so I don’t see anything wrong with it
Yeah, I’m just wondering what specifically Askren said, because he usually seems like a pretty respectful fighter.

Is Mustafa just crazy???

If you talk and talk and talk to the wrong person.. things may get weird. Pretty normal.

Did nothing illegal, didnt touch the dead body.. fine to me

If you aren't disgusted by Blachowicz's post fight rage you are a racist.

Didn’t MVP throw a pokeball at cyborg after knocking him out and literally caving his skull in?

Im a fan of both guys,let me say that first off.

Heres my take on it.

You can cry to your blue in the face of how disgusting it is,or why he hit him again after he landed the knee,but this IS the sport. This is the kind of shit everyone bitches about NOT being there,when you have a fight without passion ,a fight your not excited to see,when there isnt any animosity.

Masivdal ALREADY comes to fight with a chip on his shoulder as it is,and he REALLY didnt like Askren,really didnt wanna lose to this guy. Avoided going to pressers,probably because he wouldnt be able to sit there and take what Askren would say about him without fighting him right there and getting into trouble.

He brought that animosity into the fight,and immediatley unloaded all of it at askren soon as the bell hit. That violence and the killing instinct is what we all pay to see. He said himself in the post fight,he thought he might get up after the knee. Im not trying to sound like a tough guy when i say this but youll take it that way anyway. When you are training to fight,you have to capitalize on a downed opponent,its in your damn DNA. Thats literally what he is trained to do for 2 months,getting paid to do. Yes sometimes people see the guys out and they catch themselves,but it cant always go that way,esp with the berserk vibe Masvidal was on. I dont think he even expected it to end that fast,and he couldnt turn that shit off like a light switch. I wish he didnt do all that after the fight stuff,i dont condone it,honestly,but I do understand it. You want guys to go out and kill for your pleasure and then "no wait now dont. I didnt say simon says" That has to be taken into account,esp with an emotional fighter like Masvidal. Yes he stopped when the ref pulled him off but hes still got alot of rage left and got to do something with it.

<PlusJuan>

Didn’t MVP throw a pokeball at cyborg after knocking him out and literally caving his skull in?
Yes but obviously that was planned beforehand. Thats what makes it shitty.

Masvidal is lowlife street trash. None of his actions are surprising.

He's the type to kick someone in the back of the head when their fighting someone else on the ground.

All these fighters taking shots at guys after the ref waves them off need to be fined and have a strike against them that will eventually lead to termination.

Its one of those things where everybody turns a blind eye too until someone seriously get hurt and them we're all gonna wonder why we didnt do something about this earlier.

Hitting someone like that in a vulnerable position like that is dangerous and exactly shy MMA is viewed as barbaric.

Im all for beating the shit out of your opponent during the fight, but when you have clearly defeated your opponent its over.

Looks like Masvidal was really gotten too. Weak minded fool
Lmao you mad your boy got roasted in 5 seconds

Oh ffs. I saw this coming. All these softie Askren fanbois will be inconsolable now, flooding the forum with their bitch tears.

On the one hand I kinda laughed. On the other hand, you would have to wonder how pissed or full of hatred you'd have to be to behave like that.

I do wonder how Masvidal would react in the short term and long term if Ben suffered something irreversible like death or paralysis. He's a savage deep down inside.

Thats two fights now in his early UFC career where Askren took an absolute ass beating. I wonder how he feels about signing here now.

What?

He felt disrespected by Askren and doesn't like him. He landed shots until the fight was stopped. Then he celebrated and rubbed it in.

Had Askren been really hurt I'm sure Mas would feel bad but even then there would be nothing to apologize for. He KO'd a guy stiff who talked a bunch of shit before the fight so he celebrated by mocking him going down like a board.

I used to laugh when I saw Bisping get KTFO out be Henderson.....but as time passed, I started to man crush Bisping to where I now really respect the guy. Henderson used to be the man to me but after seeing how basically tried to kill Bisping, I think he's a piece of shit for doing what he did.

Back