News Matchroom move uk shows from sky to dazn

I imagine this will come with a significant price increase seeing as DAZN is only currently £2.99 a month. Still though this seems like good news for UK boxing.

Great time to post these beauties @WklySportsMemes @PUO3 i am sure you are not alone saying DAZN won’t make or blaming them for the canelo lawsuit etc
3C4C3903-F76C-44A8-8077-E2DD78419EA2.jpeg F87FA571-483D-4D31-98DA-28146B86C067.jpeg 5216820B-D193-41FD-8EFC-96DE00EE0F88.jpeg

Hearn is the best looking promoter.

I imagine this will come with a significant price increase seeing as DAZN is only currently £2.99 a month. Still though this seems like good news for UK boxing.

Yeah I think it is, and will almost certainly subscribe to it now

I don’t have sky sports as other than occasional boxing and a few footie games, I can’t really justify the cost alongside Disney, Netflix, bt sport and the rest that I pay for

It's a good deal for boxing fans. 16 UK shows on top of international at just subscription, no ppvs.

No AJ for now though. Hearns said the ppv model wasn't guaranteed money for some fighters, but I doubt that applies to AJ, so wouldn't be surprised to see him resign to Sky Box Office.

Very happy to be wrong and that theyre still going. I still dont understand how theyre able to pay it out but not my problem to worry about lol.

DAZN is owned by Access Industries (oil, plastics, entertainment and other investments), owned by this guy, Len Blavatnik, the richest man in the UK at $38.6b.

-1x-1.jpg

I'd be smirking too.

Great time to post these beauties @WklySportsMemes @PUO3 i am sure you are not alone saying DAZN won’t make or blaming them for the canelo lawsuit etc
View attachment 858657 View attachment 858658 View attachment 858659
The Canelo lawsuit doesn't have anything to do with this new deal...Lucky to be getting him back in a round about way.
Let's see how they do when they have to increase the price. But this is a big move for them.
I honestly don't remember the details of the lawsuit anymore.
Hope this makes up for all your weird wrong Wilder predictions. I'll make sure to screen shot those gems the night of the fight.

The Canelo lawsuit doesn't have anything to do with this new deal...Lucky to be getting him back in a round about way.
Let's see how they do when they have to increase the price. But this is a big move for them.
I honestly don't remember the details of the lawsuit anymore.
Hope this makes up for all your weird wrong Wilder predictions. I'll make sure to screen shot those gems the night of the fight.
Haha you was blaming DAZN for running out of money and therefore getting out of the canelo contract when the whole time it was GBP that was the problem. DAZN has gone from strength to strength. If you can find any predictions have made about the third fight you are welcome to use them

DAZN is owned by Access Industries (oil, plastics, entertainment and other investments), owned by this guy, Len Blavatnik, the richest man in the UK at $38.6b.

-1x-1.jpg

I'd be smirking too.
Ya I remember folks saying the money behind it was some crazy deep pockets. I just dont see the revenue return to pay out what they have given in contracts and just the cost of putting on fights in general.

They duped us all in with the ridiculous subscription, if its too good to be true you're getting fucked lol
Hearn's talking up the brits crossing the pond instead of just domestic bouts, sounds good, planning for dominion over boxing, no wonder Bob tried to clip his wings. I

Eddie said price will go up in September in the uk but not by as much as people think I would be happy with £5 a month for decent shows and analysis and no more Ppv. I have ha sir since it’s launched at at introductory price to have I at <£25 for the year and just the 3 canelo fights is be a total steel

Haha you was blaming DAZN for running out of money and therefore getting out of the canelo contract when the whole time it was GBP that was the problem. DAZN has gone from strength to strength. If you can find any predictions have made about the third fight you are welcome to use them
You said he would never fight again....you said he would never fight a top guy. You said he would never fight for title for years...You couldn't have been anymore wrong.

Just like when you were wrong about the made up expiration date for the 3rd fight and didn't see the contract.....same thing now.
Golden Boy and Dazn could of both done Canelo wrong. I have no idea of the details now and don't remember them from back then.Again this has nothing to do with the Canelo lawsuit. But happy for you bud. Pat on the back. Dazn still in business. You're a genius.

Ya I remember folks saying the money behind it was some crazy deep pockets. I just dont see the revenue return to pay out what they have given in contracts and just the cost of putting on fights in general.

Oh yeah, they have had losses reported in 2018 and 2019, $659m and $1.4b respectively and that's before covid, when they got out of several rights contracts but would have had huge hits to subscribers and advertisers.

It's possibly on a 5 year plan and could become profitable, but you don't get to be worth 11 figures by continuing to throw good money after bad.

I told you DAZN weren't going away. They have big money behind them.

As a Day 1 subscriber I'd like to declare DAZN is only a slight step above public access TV...

Back