News Matt Brown retires: "I'm out"

Thanks Matt for all the violence. I was super impressed when he got the KO win at home against the promising young prospect Erick Silva. Almost everyone talked about Matt not having anything for the rising star yet he went on to weather the storm and take out the hungry lion that is Erick Silva.

Cheers Matt!
<{JustBleed}>

Matt Brown's last fight was that sick one punch KO over Court McGee. i remember he said in the cage he wanted to fight again but i guess he changed his mind.
he's never in a boring fight and has had a badass career. definitely that fight with Erick Silva deserves HOF recognition. Matt's probably got more fights that meet that standard that i cant think of immediately.
WAR THE IMMORTAL! Happy retirement!

That's the most Matt Brown retirement statement ever.

No frills or fanfare, straight to the point.

Wish him all the best, what a warrior that dude was, and is.
Love his straight to the point demeanor.

Reminds me of when he was being interviewed by a reporter during fight week. They asked him what's the worst part of being a fighter and the moment the question was done being asked he immediately with no pause goes "well right now it's cutting weight and talking to you fuckers".

I’m getting so myself. Thought he was already retired.

Just like that? Kinda unclimactic
Wouldve preffered after one last fight an in octagon retirement speech

One of the most exciting, violent motherfuckers to ever step in the cage. That 7-fight win streak he went on from 2012-2014 was one of my favorite streaks in MMA history, and it ended only with his war with Lawler (which was a close one). Much respect to him, and happy retirement.

Watching Matt Brown's UFC career was awesome. I became a fan of sport around the time he went on his incredible 7-fight win streak from 2012 to 2014. He might not be a Hall of Famer, but he definitely left his mark on the sport and he’s one of the guys who made me love in love with this sport. Thanks for everything, Matt, wishing you the best in your post-UFC career.

Isn't this his 3rd retirement?

I always enjoy Browns fights, people underestimated his thai clinch trip game all the time.

Back