Matt Hamill or Jones (whose win was more legitimate?)

Snowfist

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Whose win was more legitimate?

Matt Hammill defeating Jon Jones?

Or

Jones Jones defeating Reyes?

I keep hearing that a win is a win regardless of whether or not it was deemed completely contrary to common sense. So by that standard, doesn't Hammil's win count over Jones?

giphy.gif

OP needs a hug

lol you cant be that dumb. suck it up butter cup. 2 mins into the 3rd dom blew his wad and got walked down and hunted till the end. It ended with jon strong as ever and dom holding on for dear life

And there you have it. The worst thread in the history of Sherdog. Rip cruel world

Or

I keep hearing that a win is a win regardless of whether or not it was deemed completely contrary to common sense. So by that standard, doesn't Hammil's win count over Jones?
Mammill for sure. Just look at the results.

lol. I'm just saying, the argument that the judges ruling stands no matter what is completely flawed. Obviously the sport is susceptible to corruption or just plain idiocy. I've never ever considered Hammil's win legitimate even though I've never cheered Jones on.

So why the double standard? Everyone saying move on is being ridiculous. We need to hold organizations accountable when ridiculous decisions happen. We have to, as a collective, demand people like Dana White make an effort to fix the wrong (IE an immediate rematch).

If fans stay silent and accept outrageous decisions than this sport will end up like boxing. I love boxing, but its judging is a complete joke.

lol. I'm just saying, the argument that the judges ruling stands no matter what is completely flawed. Obviously the sport is susceptible to corruption or just plain idiocy. I've never ever considered Hammil's win legitimate even though I've never cheered Jones on.

So why the double standard? Everyone saying move on is being ridiculous. We need to hold organizations accountable when ridiculous decisions happen. We have to, as a collective, demand people like Dana White make an effort to fix the wrong (IE an immediate rematch).

If fans stay silent and accept outrageous decisions than this sport will end up like boxing. I love boxing, but its judging is a complete joke.
I had it 3:2 Reyes but it wasn’t even a top 20 worst decision ever

There should be a committee that immediately reviews outrageous and controversial decisions and overturns them. Similar to VAR in soccer.

It's impacting the sport in a major way. I know at least half a dozen people who say they lost interest after this Saturday and that the sport has lost its legitimacy.

Call them cry babies or filthy casuals or whatever you want...obviously people are getting sick of it.

Or

Keep crying, your tears are delicious

Hamill of course.....he obeyed the rules better than jones, thus outperforming him in the aspect of the fight that mattered most. Legit win.

I had it 3:2 Reyes but it wasn’t even a top 20 worst decision ever

It wasn't one of those fights where its 50-45 and goes the wrong way. In that sense, I agree with you. You could find 20 worse decisions for sure.

It's just that you cannot argue that Reyes didn't win the first 3 rounds. It's very clearcut. Meaning judges must have got paid off or something to that effect.

If it's allowed to fester it will ruin the sport. This isn't the first time Jones has won highly questionable decisions...I don't know if he or his camp is involved in some way but at the very least, it deserves a proper investigation.

When was the last time you heard of a judge being investigated and convicted of corruption in MMA? Do you really believe it doesn't or hasn't happened?

It wasn't one of those fights where its 50-45 and goes the wrong way. In that sense, I agree with you. You could find 20 worse decisions for sure.

It's just that you cannot argue that Reyes didn't win the first 3 rounds. It's very clearcut. Meaning judges must have got paid off or something to that effect.

If it's allowed to fester it will ruin the sport. This isn't the first time Jones has won highly questionable decisions...I don't know if he or his camp is involved in some way but at the very least, it deserves a proper investigation.

When was the last time you heard of a judge being investigated and convicted of corruption in MMA? Do you really believe it doesn't or hasn't happened?
I agree. I think the judge should be flogged and fired. Sad part is we have seen much worse and tolerate this

Keep crying, your tears are delicious

In the history of the sport Jones will go down as a multiple-time steroid cheat and winner of many dubious decisions.

It doesn't bother me that Jones will keep making big money. I mean, he like the other fighters deserve to get paid for putting their health on the line.

I just think it's sad for the future of the sport. We've come to a place where we just accept bad decisions as commonplace and it will just escalate from here to a new normal...which is where boxing is at.

All those who argue a decision is a decision and fans should move on or stop pretending that the result wasn't ridiculous are part of the problem. Or at the very least, not part of the solution.

Jesus, you people are actually making me defend Jon Jones.....

Stop it.

I agree. I think the judge should be flogged and fired. Sad part is we have seen much worse and tolerate this

I think this is part of the solution. That judge needs to be fired and investigated. What if they went with a totally different judging system. Rather than 3 judges, we have 5 judges?

Or, maybe the problem is these judges know what they will be judging too far in advance? and this enables them to get paid off well in advance of a fight?

What if judges didn't know what they were judging until a couple of days before? Almost like a USADA test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back