Mauro Ranallo or Jon Anik for a big fight?

Mauro. He seems to sell big moments and build excitement better. I prefer having some personality in the broadcast.

I don't hate Anik at all. He is fine at his job. But just that - fine. Not memorable. Not special. Just fine.

If you had Mauro, Rogan and DC on a broadcast it would just be annoying: two fanboys who get weird and heavily biased and a guy who sounds like he should be somewhere where they have freak show fights. Ironically, when you put Anik in there, who somehow annoys people (not sure why), it becomes bearable and makes sense.

Anik brings a serviceable professionalism to the broadcast, and he does improve the product-but he lacks Mauro’s passion and child like eagerness. He will record scratch multiple times during an event, but he’s genuine and his adoration for the fighters is almost comical in its reverence. These are never just men, they are titans and Demi gods and everything in between. Mauro is watching a comic book unfold in real time, gingerly turning the pages. Anik is streamlined and colors inside the lines. He will say some weird shit once in a while, but he knows his marks and can reign in the DCs and Bispings on their tangents.

Mauro is like ice cream. Acceptable and even good in small doses, but repeated consumption = no go.

Anik is like an out-of-box spaghetti dinner.

This analogy makes sense in my head.

I like Mauro, especially because of Pride nostalgia, but he relies a little too much on a set of catchphrases he uses all the time... most of which are really corny.

Mauro is the human form of cringe. It also can't be a coincidence that Candian mma pundits are among the ugliest humans ever.

i enjoyed mauro in pride, his more recent work in boxing and wwe have been pretty annoying.

Neither. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Anik because I find Mauro to be obnoxious.

But is Mauro going to go on about betting lines and who the consensus GOAT is?

Mauro is like ice cream. Acceptable and even good in small doses, but repeated consumption = no go.

Anik is like an out-of-box spaghetti dinner.

This analogy makes sense in my head.

I'll have to sleep on it but I think I agree.

Can I pick someone that doesn't suck or nah?

Back