Media Max Flames Topuria "Kinda Un-BMF - Not Very BMF To Say" - UPDATE: Topuria Threatens To Fight Ortega Instead w/o BMF Belt

hhz2hk4rsevc1.png

Ilia's Instagram story.

Same pic I posted looool

GettyImages-1406455719.jpg

This guy is oozing with confidence after fighting Volk 3 times and losing loooool

Topuria is funny asf

Last edited:
Whenever conversations about gimmicks come up, there's always someone defending it by pointing out that it's obviously an act. The thing that always strikes me as odd is that they always come off like they're the mature one for that pov, when their argument is just an appeal to "marks" who fall for the bullshit and buy into the fiction this person calls out as obvious.

It's like, "No, no, I'm the adult here because I am the only one who understands what this medium I like is doing... And the thing they're doing is for children."

What I hate most about it is it's not really necessary...for adults (like you said).
Its an immature thing that I stopped watching WWF for.

I don't need a "storyline" to enjoy the fights.
I don't need trash talk either.
Maybe I'm the asshole here, but I enjoy the fights...all that other shit doesn't matter.

And you're 100% right about them feeling superior in some way, like they're the only ones that see "the gimmick" for what it is, but my question is...why the fuck do these guys need a gimmick?

Whenever conversations about gimmicks come up, there's always someone defending it by pointing out that it's obviously an act. The thing that always strikes me as odd is that they always come off like they're the mature one for that pov, when their argument is just an appeal to "marks" who fall for the bullshit and buy into the fiction this person calls out as obvious.

It's like, "No, no, I'm the adult here because I am the only one who understands what this medium I like is doing... And the thing they're doing is for children."

It is. Toppy was respectful to Volkanovski the second the press conference ended. He demonstrated as much when they faced off. It's all bullshit. I may not care for it. But it is what it is.

What I hate most about it is it's not really necessary...for adults (like you said).
Its an immature thing that I stopped watching WWF for.

I don't need a "storyline" to enjoy the fights.
I don't need trash talk either.
Maybe I'm the asshole here, but I enjoy the fights...all that other shit doesn't matter.

And you're 100% right about them feeling superior in some way, like they're the only ones that see "the gimmick" for what it is, but my question is...why the fuck do these guys need a gimmick?

Because MMA fans don't buy 1million PPVs.

Drama sells. In all sports. In all entertainment.

There is a reason Caitlin Clark drew 12 million viewers, and the WNBA never has.

It is. Toppy was respectful to Volkanovski the second the press conference ended. He demonstrated as much when they faced off. It's all bullshit. I may not care for it. But it is what it is.
We all know it is.

I'm under no pretense that Ilia is ducking Max or Volk, or vice versa. But I am gonna throw out there that his obviously false claims of who he will or won't defend against are lame, even outside of them being gimmick.

And I don't know where people heard that Max wouldn't put up against Ilia either. What I heard was him pointing out how "un-BMF" Ilia's acting (and we all know it it an act and he's an awesome action fighter), but Max is still absolutely right, the act is cheap.

The whole thing is unbecoming, frankly. Some characters I get, like Sonnen going uber heel to get eyes on him cuz otherwise, people might catch on to what a boring lay n pray fuck he was, but "Genuine BMF Ilia puts on character to seem more diva-y and less BMF, while bartering for the BMF belt" doesn't seem like it's a bonus to him, ya know

Because MMA fans don't buy 1million PPVs.

Drama sells. In all sports. In all entertainment.

For casuals, it is unfortunately.

If Topuria sticks around long enough to rack up 12 top ten wins - he only has two - and he runs into some young buck who wants to talk shit to everyone, someone might post some photos of him busted up or losing a fight.

We all know it is.

I'm under no pretense that Ilia is ducking Max or Volk, or vice versa. But I am gonna throw out there that his obviously false claims of who will or won't defend against are lame, even outside of them being gimmick.

And I don't know where people heard that Max wouldn't put up against Ilia either. What I heard was him pointing out how "un-BMF" Ilia's acting (and we all know it it an act and he's an awesome action fighter), but Max is still absolutely right, the act is cheap.

The whole thing is unbecoming, frankly. Some characters I get, like Sonnen going iber heel to get eyes on him cuz otherwise, people might catch on to what a boring lay n pray fuck he was, but "Genuine BMF Ilia puts on character to seem more diva-y and less BMF, while bartering for the BMF belt" doesn't seem like it's a bonus to him, ya know

I agree. Max never said he wouldn't, but people on the Dawg with their reflector vests, tin foil hats and jump to conclusion mats are always putting the cart before the horse.

Neither one of these guys are afraid of each other, they're both a dangerous fight for one another, and despite Ilia's posturing, he definitely wants the fight. He should be thanking Max for finishing Gaethje like he did. It brings so much more attention to their fight if it happens.

Wax Holloway fans need to chill out from spit shinning their heroes shoes... they are gonna get their god KO'd

It's gonna be a sad sight to see

Topuria in full damage control after the entire world saw how shook he was when he saw Max knock out Justin

I agree. Max never said he wouldn't, but people on the Dawg with their reflector vests, tin foil hats and jump to conclusion mats are always putting the cart before the horse.

Neither one of these guys are afraid of each other, they're both a dangerous fight for one another, and despite Ilia's posturing, he definitely wants the fight. He should be thanking Max for finishing Gaethje like he did. It brings so much more attention to their fight if it happens.

That's not what your boy said.

I like making fun of stupidity. It's why I talk to you so much.

Your optics on things matter only in so much as my want to mock things go at any minute. It's nice that you agree with me, but normally, I wouldn't use your opinions to wipe my ass

Also, lol at suggesting rustled optics in defense of a guy who accounts for like half the posts in this thread, arguing with like 6 different people. Aldo and I can both continue to entertain each other back and forth with his delusions and my insults, but he's clearly the one more attached to this thread. I think you're optics are a bit based in bias of you missed that bit
there you go again. bad look my brother, relax

shh I'm not talking to you mr jimmies rustled
Your posts make up more than 20% of this thread and they all reek of tryhard. Your jimmies are so shook, people in NJ think they're feeling aftershocks

Don't feed the bandwagon trolls, Sherbro.
I never pretend to have a high bar for myself. Trolls delight in trolling, and I delight in spitting on them.

efcf0661-79d1-4bd1-b191-f8e05b239db1_text.gif

Your posts make up more than 20% of this thread and they all reek of tryhard. Your jimmies are so shook, people in NJ think they're feeling aftershocks

I never pretend to have a high bar for myself. Trolls delight in trolling, and I delight in spitting on them.

{<jimmies}

Thats how trolling works. Youre literally being trolled, Mohawk Retardo

Back