Max Holloway looks old af

Those guys you listed were all fighting much better competition that Allen was. I mean, it’s laughable to compare what JDS did at HW (where one punch can end the whole fight), against fantastic competition, to Allen’s streak.
And even if you’re just counting UFC, I think Izzy got to 9.

I like Sodiq a lot, I know exactly who he is. There’s lots of fighters like that that I like; the difference between you and me is that I don’t make assumptions on them being one of the best in the world based on some subjective eye test. I call them one of the best in the world when they’ve proved it.

As far as watching fights, I watched tons until a couple months ago. It’s silly to accuse me of only watching main cards— I’ve posted in just about every Sherdog PBP thread until recently, and I’m in those threads from the opening fight, and I make Tapology picks for every card I watch from top to bottom. Everyone in the PBP Crew knows I’m there and I watch. Where are you? Never seen you in one that I can recall.

That said, I’m done watching trash cards. I’ve bitched about the decline of the product long enough, and I’m just not gonna watch cards that I don’t give a fuck about when I see the lineup. I’ve never been a streamer with PPVs, I either put money down and support the sport or I skip the card. UFC 285 was trash on paper, UFC 286 was trash on paper, Bellator’s last card was trash on paper, and I skipped that shit. I’m done with it.
I was planning to watch UFC 287, but now that we’ve lost Oliveira-Dariush I may not. Haven’t decided yet honestly.

edit: I am looking forward to next week’s Fight Night though.
UFC win streaks is one of the best criteria to judge a fighters level. 10 win streak in UFC tells a lot of how good a fighter is.

You just proved how backwards your mind works and why we disagree on everything.

Allen has displayed every skill necessary, beat high level competition, amassed a crazy win streak, yet you don’t give him credit. He needs to prove himself against elite competition.

But here’s the problem. If he would’ve starched Max, you wouldn’t call Allen the best FW in the world, you would’ve said Max is washed up. Basically it doesn’t matter what he does, your mind is programmed to think everyone that came before him was better.

Same thing happened to Volkanovski in your mind. He’s clearly displaying that he’s the best fighter that ever fought at FW, but your logic can’t admit that, because he was a nobody in your book before beating Mendes and Aldo. But you don’t give him credit for that, you write it down on his competition being out of prime.

Then he beats a beast in his absolute prime Max 3 times in a row and all you can come up with is, Max is probably declining, lol.

By having such a faulty predisposition at assessing the level of fighters, you always come to wrong conclusions. That’s why it’s so hard for you to admit the greatness of fighters like Volk, Izzy, Stipe, Ngannou and anyone else coming up now. That’s why there’s no evolution in MMA in your mind.

It’s like your brain is full and you can’t process anything more. That is the reason why you stopped watching.

UFC 285 and 286 were great on paper and delivered in real life. UFC 287 was just fire, both on paper and in real life. I felt last year UFC didn’t put up the best cards, but this year is shaping up as probably the greatest year ever. It’s only been a few months and we already had Islam vs Volk, Jones vs Gane, Leon vs Usman, Izzy vs Pereira, Hill vs Glover, Moreno vs Figgy, Gaethje vs Fiziev etc. All of the best fighters are fighting each other, all of the biggest stars are fighting as well- Jones, Cejudo, Izzy, Volk, Masvidal, probably Conor too.

The thing is you can’t actually provide an objective argument on how UFC has actually become worse or why the fighters that are on top today aren’t better than the ones that fought 15 years ago

I thought this dude was like 40 years old and not only because he has been in the game for a while but because of his look, then I looked up and for my surprise he is just 31 years old, that's crazy

He has been looking so old this fight week, I don't know what it is but now I'm very curious to see tonight how he looks when it comes to fighting, hopefuly his old look doesn't translate to a washed up fighter

I hope he moves up to 155 one day tho, he would look so much healthy and stronger, he can do well at 155 if he does it the right way
I agree with you that Max looks old. The weight cuts might be taking their toll. I don't like Max's chances at 155 though. Didn't he try that already?

He doesn't have the power for 155. He's in between a rock and a hard place for sure

UFC win streaks is one of the best criteria to judge a fighters level. 10 win streak in UFC tells a lot of how good a fighter is.

You just proved how backwards your mind works and why we disagree on everything.

Allen has displayed every skill necessary, beat high level competition, amassed a crazy win streak, yet you don’t give him credit. He needs to prove himself against elite competition.

But here’s the problem. If he would’ve starched Max, you wouldn’t call Allen the best FW in the world, you would’ve said Max is washed up. Basically it doesn’t matter what he does, your mind is programmed to think everyone that came before him was better.

Same thing happened to Volkanovski in your mind. He’s clearly displaying that he’s the best fighter that ever fought at FW, but your logic can’t admit that, because he was a nobody in your book before beating Mendes and Aldo. But you don’t give him credit for that, you write it down on his competition being out of prime.

Then he beats a beast in his absolute prime Max 3 times in a row and all you can come up with is, Max is probably declining, lol.

By having such a faulty predisposition at assessing the level of fighters, you always come to wrong conclusions. That’s why it’s so hard for you to admit the greatness of fighters like Volk, Izzy, Stipe, Ngannou and anyone else coming up now. That’s why there’s no evolution in MMA in your mind.

It’s like your brain is full and you can’t process anything more. That is the reason why you stopped watching.

UFC 285 and 286 were great on paper and delivered in real life. UFC 287 was just fire, both on paper and in real life. I felt last year UFC didn’t put up the best cards, but this year is shaping up as probably the greatest year ever. It’s only been a few months and we already had Islam vs Volk, Jones vs Gane, Leon vs Usman, Izzy vs Pereira, Hill vs Glover, Moreno vs Figgy, Gaethje vs Fiziev etc. All of the best fighters are fighting each other, all of the biggest stars are fighting as well- Jones, Cejudo, Izzy, Volk, Masvidal, probably Conor too.

The thing is you can’t actually provide an objective argument on how UFC has actually become worse or why the fighters that are on top today aren’t better than the ones that fought 15 years ago
Lol I fixed my previous post because I just realized that I said UFC 285 & 286 were trash when I meant to say to 286 and 287. <45>Shows how invested I am these says that I can’t even keep this shit straight anymore. UFC 285 (Jones-Gane) was fine. Look, if you see a lineup like 287’s and think it’s PPV quality (now with a new and improved $80 price tag), that’s great. I’m actually a little bit envious, I wish I felt that way too.

—It’s not a matter of my brain being too full though. I make time and effort to commit things to memory that I care about, and I just don’t care a lot about MMA right now. It’s really as simple as that.
<WhatItIs>

As far as giving an objective reason why, I’m not sure it’s an objective thing—it’s a subjective thing. I can certainly tell you why I feel this way. You have to understand, I have always strongly disliked, and stayed away from, social media culture. I don’t have any social media accounts (unless you count the Dog). And more and more, that online social media sphere is where shit happens and what drives matchmaking, and that just doesn’t work for me.

It’s cool when a fight based on merits *also* has a good storyline (like Tito-Chuck, or DC-Jones), but too often these days storylines (often manufactured) drive the matchmaking, and rankings are manipulated at will as promotional tools—when it should be the other way around.

All in all, it’s normal stuff: life changes, sports change, and you either like the changes or you don’t. If you like where the sport is at right now, I think that’s great. Sincerely.

Lol I fixed my previous post because I just realized that I said UFC 285 & 286 were trash when I meant to say to 286 and 287. <45>Shows how invested I am these says that I can’t even keep this shit straight anymore. UFC 285 (Jones-Gane) was fine. Look, if you see a lineup like 287’s and think it’s PPV quality (now with a new and improved $80 price tag), that’s great. I’m actually a little bit envious, I wish I felt that way too.

—It’s not a matter of my brain being too full though. I make time and effort to commit things to memory that I care about, and I just don’t care a lot about MMA right now. It’s really as simple as that.
<WhatItIs>

As far as giving an objective reason why, I’m not sure it’s an objective thing—it’s a subjective thing. I can certainly tell you why I feel this way. You have to understand, I have always strongly disliked, and stayed away from, social media culture. I don’t have any social media accounts (unless you count the Dog). And more and more, that online social media sphere is where shit happens and what drives matchmaking, and that just doesn’t work for me.

It’s cool when a fight based on merits *also* has a good storyline (like Tito-Chuck, or DC-Jones), but too often these days storylines (often manufactured) drive the matchmaking, and rankings are manipulated at will as promotional tools—when it should be the other way around.

All in all, it’s normal stuff: life changes, sports change, and you either like the changes or you don’t. If you like where the sport is at right now, I think that’s great. Sincerely.

You're really depressing me sir

He didn't put in weight for that fight, just cut 10 pounds less, and not many LWs have gone the distance with Dustin, I think he would do great at LW if he actually commited to it and put on some weight.

Theres nothing for him at FW and he shouldn't be cutting that weight at his age.
Maybe, but he's not beating Islam and there's a good chance he may not even be in the Top 5 at LW. I guess it depends what his goal is.

You're really depressing me sir
Sorry :(
That’s really not my intent. I think if people are liking the fights and cards right now that’s great. I’m not trying to be some edge lord or something lol. I’m just finding it hard to care a lot about the sport right now. I’ll shut up. :)

Nate Diaz is popular and he can barely tie 2 words together in a sentence.
I think the reason why Max is popular is beyond just his personality though.
But he can throw water bottles and extend his middle finger. Is Nate still that popular, though?

Sorry :(
That’s really not my intent. I think if people are liking the fights and cards right now that’s great. I’m not trying to be some edge lord or something lol. I’m just finding it hard to care a lot about the sport right now. I’ll shut up. :)

The last thing I want you to do is shut up, but I also want you to enjoy the fights.

Maybe you'll have to come watch the fights with me and we'll scream and holler at the screen to renew your love lol.

Arnold reminds of a pirate from pirates of the caribbean for some reason. Dude looks like a pirate
tumblr_nakbd97gjC1sdi8fbo1_500.gif

Back