Max Holloway looks old af

He nearly finished Dustin, and Dustin is a perennial top 3 at LW. Using that as an example that he can’t compete is some white belt shit

come on man he had 1 good round in a 5 round fight

Yeah, because if you can't beat Poirier, you're totally a hack, right?

I'd give Max that adds some mass a decent chance at getting that one back.

Max being bigger and slower isnt honna help him at all .

and the FACT he absorbs so many strikes is only a recipe for disaster

1 round out of 6 gives you guys hope <Lmaoo>

Hes just immaciated. Way to big for this weight class

Does he really look that old?
I am in mid twenties and get told i look 18-20, sometimes underage when I shave so I thought he looked appropriate for his age.

Just came to say he looked just as fast and just as strong as the younger buck last night, if not faster.

come on man he had 1 good round in a 5 round fight

Max being bigger and slower isnt honna help him at all .

and the FACT he absorbs so many strikes is only a recipe for disaster

1 round out of 6 gives you guys hope <Lmaoo>

Max didn't take his time going up in weight when he fought Poirier. That's the problem. Same with all the other guys who try to go up in weight for a quick second belt. Honestly the way Jones did it is the way to do it. Take off a year at least, bulk up and let your body get used to the extra weight. If Max did that, he would do well at lw I am sure

Max didn't take his time going up in weight when he fought Poirier. That's the problem. Same with all the other guys who try to go up in weight for a quick second belt. Honestly the way Jones did it is the way to do it. Take off a year at least, bulk up and let your body get used to the extra weight. If Max did that, he would do well at lw I am sure

Realistic W's against Top 10 ?

Screenshot_20230416_115728_Chrome~2.jpg

Realistic W's against Top 10 ?

View attachment 979235

Dariush should be over Gaethje in Poirier in the rankings, by far.

Both of these guys have multiple recent losses — while Dariush just be Gamrot, who beats Tsarukyan, and has the best winning streak in the division behind Makhachev.

Dariush arguably should be over Olivera as well.

He absolutely has though. What I’ve actually said about Holloway is that he’s declining. In other words, his peak is in the past. And it is. You’re not watching Max Holloway at his peak, that was several years ago. Allen is a game and good fighter, but I think you’re exaggerating his resume a bit. Melendez was absolutely shot, was coming into the fight on a 4-fight skid and was years past his best; Kattar lost due to freak injury (although Allen had his moments up to that point); has Sodiq ever beaten anyone in the top 15 even?

edit: checked and Caceres was #15.
Lol, you’re greatly underestimating Allen. He went on a 10 fight win streak, fighters like JDS, Izzy, Weidman and Whittaker only got to 8. Win streak is one of the best measurements to asses the level of a fighter.

I’m starting to believe you don’t watch many fights, main card at best. If you would actually watch the fights, you would know that Sodiq Yusuff is one of the best FW’s in the world. He’s 6-1 in UFC

EDIT: JDS, Izzy, Weidman and Whittaker all had 9 fight win streaks in UFC

Last edited:
Lol, you’re greatly underestimating Allen. He went on a 10 fight win streak, fighters like JDS, Izzy, Weidman and Whittaker only got to 8. Win streak is one of the best measurements to asses the level of a fighter.
Those guys you listed were all fighting much better competition that Allen was. I mean, it’s laughable to compare what JDS did at HW (where one punch can end the whole fight), against fantastic competition, to Allen’s streak.
And even if you’re just counting UFC, I think Izzy got to 9.

I’m starting to believe you don’t watch many fights, main card at best. If you would actually watch the fights, you would know that Sodiq Yusuff is one of the best FW’s in the world. He’s 6-1 in UFC , ee
I like Sodiq a lot, I know exactly who he is. There’s lots of fighters like that that I like; the difference between you and me is that I don’t make assumptions on them being one of the best in the world based on some subjective eye test. I call them one of the best in the world when they’ve proved it.

As far as watching fights, I watched tons until a couple months ago. It’s silly to accuse me of only watching main cards— I’ve posted in just about every Sherdog PBP thread until recently, and I’m in those threads from the opening fight, and I make Tapology picks for every card I watch from top to bottom. Everyone in the PBP Crew knows I’m there and I watch. Where are you? Never seen you in one that I can recall.

That said, I’m done watching trash cards. I’ve bitched about the decline of the product long enough, and I’m just not gonna watch cards that I don’t give a fuck about when I see the lineup. I’ve never been a streamer with PPVs, I either put money down and support the sport or I skip the card. UFC 285 286 was trash on paper, UFC 286 287was trash on paper, Bellator’s last card was trash on paper, and I skipped that shit. I’m done with it.
I was planning to watch UFC 287, 288 but now that we’ve lost Oliveira-Dariush I may not. Haven’t decided yet honestly.

edit: I am looking forward to next week’s Fight Night though.
edit 2: can’t even keep these shitty numbered PPVs straight anymore. Fixed.

Last edited:
I thought this dude was like 40 years old and not only because he has been in the game for a while but because of his look, then I looked up and for my surprise he is just 31 years old, that's crazy

He has been looking so old this fight week, I don't know what it is but now I'm very curious to see tonight how he looks when it comes to fighting, hopefuly his old look doesn't translate to a washed up fighter

I hope he moves up to 155 one day tho, he would look so much healthy and stronger, he can do well at 155 if he does it the right way

Looked pretty damn good in the cage sir.

Those guys you listed were all fighting much better competition that Allen was. I mean, it’s laughable to compare what JDS did at HW (where one punch can end the whole fight), against fantastic competition, to Allen’s streak.
And even if you’re just counting UFC, I think Izzy got to 9.

I like Sodiq a lot, I know exactly who he is. There’s lots of fighters like that that I like; the difference between you and me is that I don’t make assumptions on them being one of the best in the world based on some subjective eye test. I call them one of the best in the world when they’ve proved it.

As far as watching fights, I watched tons until a couple months ago. It’s silly to accuse me of only watching main cards— I’ve posted in just about every Sherdog PBP thread until recently, and I’m in those threads from the opening fight, and I make Tapology picks for every card I watch from top to bottom. Everyone in the PBP Crew knows I’m there and I watch. Where are you? Never seen you in one that I can recall.

That said, I’m done watching trash cards. I’ve bitched about the decline of the product long enough, and I’m just not gonna watch cards that I don’t give a fuck about when I see the lineup. I’ve never been a streamer with PPVs, I either put money down and support the sport or I skip the card. UFC 285 was trash on paper, UFC 286 was trash on paper, Bellator’s last card was trash on paper, and I skipped that shit. I’m done with it.
I was planning to watch UFC 287, but now that we’ve lost Oliveira-Dariush I may not. Haven’t decided yet honestly.

edit: I am looking forward to next week’s Fight Night though.
Last night's card was tremendous though sir.
I hear you barking though big dog.

Last night's card was tremendous though sir.
I hear you barking though big dog.
Yeah, I enjoyed the card. And I like the lineup for next week’s card. But for whatever reason, I find myself simply respecting fighters rather than being an actual fan these days.
I think that maybe

Yeah, I enjoyed the card. And I like the lineup for next week’s card. But for whatever reason, I find myself simply respecting fighters rather than being an actual fan these days.
I think that maybe

Now I'm sad :( lol

Dude has absorbed more significant strikes in his career than any other fighter not named Max Holloway has dished out.

Plus age is just a number

<WhatItIs>

Age ain't nothin but a number.
Gettin tunned up ain't nothin but a thang.

eec311fe78.gif

It’s an island thang brah
All that Sun, sand and fresh air will age a brotha

Being a fighter must be stressful. For all the exercise they do, it actually stresses their body a lot on top of needing to fight other killers and do promo for UFC.

honestly he looked 30 when he was 20 and now that he is 31 he looked the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back