Max Holloway looks weird

With 3 back to back failed bouts, I'm not sure Holloway is in fighting shape anymore. The concussion should be grounds for being stripped. No way he's getting in the cage again in the next few months without it resulting in something horrible.

It's not a problem at all...you want to penalize someone for their natural attributes...height and reach are natural born attributes and you can't penalize someone for them...if you can make the weight, you are that weight...now if you want to get stricter on weight cutting, that's fine...but you can't say, gee, you're 6'3, you need to be fighting at heavyweight....but ummmm, "i'm only a buck 70" obviously that fighter can't...or you going to tell mark hunt, he needs to fight at middleweight cause of his height? Obviously you can't...or tell any tall, but thin guy, he needs to fight at a much heavier weight class, cause he's tall. You obviously can't do that...Weight is the only thing you can go by...and this is what we have gone by for hundreds of years in boxing...for a reason...

You just won't budge. So why would I waste my time talking to someone that won't explore new ideas ?

The sport won't change cause of my post... it's just a conversation, but you radical motherfuckers just keep popping up trying to suffocate anything and everything.

Fuck this conversation and fuck you too.

Hes fighting style is staying in the pocket and trade 28 punch combinations until the other guy fold under pressure. His sparring probably mimic this. And thats three days a week for months.

Not the smartest way for your health

Does he always sound that bad in interviews I've never really noticed, he sounds brain damaged.

You hate the sport because two fw’s are fighting and have made 145 their entire career? Try to just focus on the fights.

If you're still an active fighter, I wish you many many larger opponents... same weight ofc.

I hadn't seen this particular video before, but had myself noted he seemingly looked odd on Embedded. Now that his team is saying it's possibly concussion related I realize now what was triggering that and it's because I've had several concussions myself and he was talking and reacting exactly like I did.

However, I was also talking and reacting like that on the day of and maybe the next day. Not days later like Max. Which makes me think he must've been very badly concussed and knocked out, or it's something worse.

I think it's weird anyone would be too worried about Max's weight and maybe missing.I understand because weight cutting ruins a lot of fights/effects cards in a negative way and of course Max could miss weight but he's such a professional that it's unlikely to the point where i'm not worried about it.

At some point the cut could effect his performances but having seen absolutely no indication of that I wouldn't worry about it till it does and then he tries the cut again.This card is so awesome that it feels like something bad will happen lol but I don't think it'll be a weight problem in the top fights,possibly a last minute sickness/injury and commissions always scare me because one doctor could be fine with something and another could be too anal.

In fact I don't see anyone on the entire card that's missed weight besides Pettis and we all know he had no business at 145 and should be fine at 155.Don't quote me on the entire card thing,i'm not looking through it but I generally have a very good memory with that kind of stuff.

People need to stop crying about weight cutting lol.It sucks that it can screw stuff up but it's part of the sport,gotta take the good with the bad.

C'mon man. Max already missed weight once before. He just fucked up this card.
Plus you have on the card Cormier and Ortega, who both cheated their way to make weight once, Pettis who already missed, Hall....

This weight missing thing is out of control.

You son of a bitch! Ban this dude!!!!

Looks like he's on heroin or some shit in that vid.

I read this thread earlier this week and noticed something was wrong as well.

Now it all makes sense....

I hope Max is alright.

This is why I love Sherdog so much. A lot of fans are able to look outside the box and find issues that normally wouldn't be seen. I've seen so many people over the years find injuries before they come. My favorite prediction is when people started noticing Chael's back acne and body transformation right before he failed his test.

If you're still an active fighter, I wish you many many larger opponents... same weight ofc.
Very active and as long as they make weight, I have no problem with how much they put back on.

that's crazy. their dominant featherweight champ can't make weight. what are they to do? i guess they have to force him up to lightweight. it would be one thing if he were a normal contender. but it's their champ. that's what i'd make him do, anyway.

Back