Media Max Holloway still wants his damn floral shorts

Bryce Mitchell is an idiot, and his camo shorts are stupid as fuck.

Max is awesome, and his shorts are objectively, aesthetically much cooler and a nod to Hawaiian culture. The redneck hunting community that Bryce's shorts appeal to is probably a much bigger market for the UFC than the people-of-polynesian-ancestry market. That's probably the reasoning right there.
What's your basis for saying the camo shorts are stupid as fuck? I agree for sure that it seems to be a double standard and Max should get his shorts, but it seems like you have a double standard the other way.

These shorts are bland and ugly , let the fighters have a little more input in designing them , god forbid you would ever want to sell a pair of these things
BJ Penn GOAT shorts..

s-l500.jpg

What's your basis for saying the camo shorts are stupid as fuck? I agree for sure that it seems to be a double standard and Max should get his shorts, but it seems like you have a double standard the other way.
I just think of all the patterns that could be used, Camo is one of the stupidest. It's associated with the military and with hunting, and I just think the overall effect is fairly infantile. Maybe one notch above shorts with T-rexes or race cars on them. Camo isn't a cultural or national symbol, it's a pattern used by people who are trying to kill things from hiding.

Whereas the flowers are more of a contrast and a nod to polynesian culture.

Other patterns/designs that would be cooler - Plaid or a Tartan for Paul Craig; Silver fern pattern for Adesanya; Rainbow for Amanda Nunes; Australian Aboriginal flag for Tafa or Tuivasa.

Make a policy that after 10 fights or something you get custom shorts (or become champ if sooner than 10 fights). We need more individuality. This isn't a team sport.

I just think of all the patterns that could be used, Camo is one of the stupidest. It's associated with the military and with hunting, and I just think the overall effect is fairly infantile. Maybe one notch above shorts with T-rexes or race cars on them. Camo isn't a cultural or national symbol, it's a pattern used by people who are trying to kill things from hiding.

Whereas the flowers are more of a contrast and a nod to polynesian culture.

Other patterns/designs that would be cooler - Plaid or a Tartan for Paul Craig; Silver fern pattern for Adesanya; Rainbow for Amanda Nunes; Australian Aboriginal flag for Tafa or Tuivasa.
😃 Bro if you live in woods, and work in woods, camo is the best, you dont wear screaming shit up in the woods, it just doesnt fit in.
Why only killing? Everythink we kill, we used it to the end, i dont mind if you only eat salat, but even salad must be cut down with a knife.
🌞

😃 Bro if you live in woods, and work in woods, camo is the best, you dont wear screaming shit up in the woods, it just doesnt fit in.
Why only killing? Everythink we kill, we used it to the end, i dont mind if you only eat salat, but even salad must be cut down with a knife.
🌞

I am, in fact, eateng sald right now.

Imagine putting camo on to go harvest greens :D. You might accidentally pick your own leg.

Why does Dana have to be such an utter buzzkill when it comes to fun? Except in very rare exceptions, he acts like a jerk and dumps cold water on every idea. I'd let top 10 fighters get customized shorts that they get to wear for the remainder of their careers.

Last edited:
Dana probably thinks it gay

but honestly, Bryce wanting those shorts seemed to get some fans going at least

this floral shorts thing I don't even remember and I doubt that many fans really are clamoring for it
Yeah. I like Bryce so not knocking him but he kept talking about it and he got it. I don't recall Max asking for them (at least not on microphone after a fight?

That or a tribal design would look really good for Polynesian fighters in general

Honestly looks fucking stupid but not any worse than the average crap Venom makes

Top 5-10 fighters of every division should get custom gear. Fall out of the rankings? You still keep what you earned and wear your custom kit. Possibly add a minimum number of fights to it as well. Champs get gold versions of their gear.

Bryce Mitchell is an idiot, and his camo shorts are stupid as fuck.

Max is awesome, and his shorts are objectively, aesthetically much cooler and a nod to Hawaiian culture. The redneck hunting community that Bryce's shorts appeal to is probably a much bigger market for the UFC than the people-of-polynesian-ancestry market. That's probably the reasoning right there.
Bryce donated his entire purse to charity. He deserved the special shorts

I mean they give hicks like Bryce Mitchell who have basucally accomplished nothing in the UFC a pair of camo shorts he asked for but can't hook Max up with floral? What's this world coming to??? Complete BS if you ask me.
People will buy camp ufc shorts not floral let’s be honest. They also did him a favor because Bryce is a nice guy

Back