Maxim Dadashev, 28, Dies From Brain Damage Suffered In TKO Loss R.I.P

“Not real fighting.” “Big pillows on hands.”

- Shertards
It's not. It's way tougher than real fighting. On a real fight, you would wrestle and clinch if your are getting beat up badly. In boxing you can't do that

I was afraid Maldonado would die in or after the fight with Teixeira. Daaaaayumn.

RIP.. in my opinion boxing is the most brutal combat sport just because you basically have 4 targets on the oppponents body and 2 weapons. It becomes an attrition of war and in the end nobody walks away unscathed. (exept for Floyd)

The boxer sustained injuries during the fight for bleeding of the brain. He went into a coma and passed away.

Does anyone think this could happen in the UFC one day?

never know some one could get a huge ko and when hitting the floor have some major thing happen to him.

mma fights are shorter than boxing one so making that lead to less head trumma like when a boxers could make nothing but head shots for 12 rounds.

sad that person died

Boxing is just more brutal, the bigger gloves lead to more rattling of the brain. The refs let a guy get dropped as many times as it takes and <10 seconds to recover where the brain is already traumatized and just takes more punishment after.

Whereas in MMA you got Herb Dean stopping fights after someone slips on a wet spot
thanks for the chuckle

but on a serious note, for a second i thought Askren was dieded

It's not. It's way tougher than real fighting. On a real fight, you would wrestle and clinch if your are getting beat up badly. In boxing you can't do that

‘real fighting’? Not sure if employing irony to make a point...

Shit. I watched this fight. He didn't seem that hurt during the fight. But then he couldn't get out of the ring on his own. His knees were buckling, he had to sit down. They had to help him walk out of there. Then he couldn0t walk anymore and started puking everywhere.

It's crazy nothing like that ever happened in MMA. As bloody as it is, they never get hit as many times as that guy did in that fight. And he wasn't being dominated, the other guy took a lot of punches too.

Sweet Pea last week, this poor young man today...

I'm 31. 28 is just way too early.

never know some one could get a huge ko and when hitting the floor have some major thing happen to him.

mma fights are shorter than boxing one so making that lead to less head trumma like when a boxers could make nothing but head shots for 12 rounds.

sad that person died

Example: masvidal vs till

so young. so brutal. RIP

I'm only surprised it doesn't happen more. combat sports are brutal. but RIP of course and wish peace to his family. He did what he loved for a living.

Not with all ufcs pussy rules
tenor.gif

He competed as a boxer and tried to take care of his family because he was paid for it, and the point of professional sports is to people entertained, dummy.

Congrats for starting a useless debate in a thread that hardly needs any.

It’s not a useless debate—it matters. You made a narcissistic, vapid comment that made his death about you. It’s not about you. You cheapen everything that man did in his life and in his death as a professional prize fighter by making it about you and your entertainment.

He was a prize fighter. Not an “entertain hagler” fighter.

It’s not a useless debate—it matters. You made a narcissistic, vapid comment that made his death about you. It’s not about you. You cheapen everything that man did in his life and in his death as a professional prize fighter by making it about you and your entertainment.

He was a prize fighter. Not an “entertain hagler” fighter.

Prize fighters happen to make a living out of entertaining people. So do pro athletes and artists all around the world. I'm one of the people paying to get entertained, and so are you. I acknowledge it, you do not. It's not all that hard to understand, nor is it derogatory for those we pay to get entertained. I recommend you deal with it.

Last edited:
Sad. This is the ugly side of our sport. Boxing can carry severe consequences so you have to respect anyone who has the fortitude to make the walk.

RIP Maxim, way too young, I feel so gutted for his young family.

Tragic. He didn’t even want McGirt to stop it... RIP

Back