Media Mayhem Miller on the MW division: Not sure what the UFC are doing, could go for more variety for the fans

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

"So, explain to me as I have missed a few fights, is Israel fighting for the title now because he earned the spot? Because as I understand it Sean Stricklands fight with Do Pleasys was very close,
and they could run it back right now. You know, did Izzy beat a top contender to get this? No? He hasn't, so he just gets elevated to a title shot just because he's Izzy?"

"I mean, he lost the title you know? And usually that will send a guy out to the road to get pick up one before you fight for a title again. I don't know, and it's not guaranteed that Izzy is gonna just jump
back in. If he does fight Do Pleasy, man, this guy is beasting. Like, I think it's a bad style match-up for Izzy. Sort of, he might drop another one and so what? This guy has lost the title, yet fought for
the title and lost that title? That puts him in a real bad spot. I don't know what they're doing over there. I would have done it a little bit different. I'd have those guys on the same card first."

"I would do it a little differently to get the fans more involved. They'd get to see a wider variety of each of those top contenders. All these guys that we're talking about. To see a little more of their variety,
you know? But that's just me. I get it, it's a business so they want that these top contenders keep fighting each other for the title, but I think that a tune-up fight for each guy would be smart, and it would
stretch the money a little longer. I guess they just want to save some money here."

"The styles make fights. So if you put a style that may be very challenging for Strickland or for Izzy, but this guy would more than likely not defeat them. Then good, you just secured these top name 185ers to go up to that next level, or you know, to showcase the fighters so that we remember "oh, how great this guy is". And it's a safer bet, it's a safer thing where the guy's not gonna get injured so then he can get back trying for that title, you know? It's strange. I don't know exactly what their mentality is over there."

Contradicting himself.

Both Izzy and Sean lost the title without winning another fight.

Neither had a title defense.
(in current title reign)

But good to see Mayhem seemingly normal, not apparently drug affected and seeming to be of fairly clear mind.

Wasn't long since Mayhem made a statement late last year about doing horribly and knowing he needed to do better. It looks like he is doing better here, hope this sticks.

Screen_Shot_2023_09_21_at_12.50.31_PM.0.png

Fuck.chael sonnen and Brandon Schwab and whatever wannabr fighter has a podcast this is the guy we need in the MMA commentary setting. Sober of course.

Really made my day to see Mayhem look and sound so good here. May God keep him on the right path. Also, he's 100% spot-on. izzy doesn't deserve shit he got rekt lmao. I hate instant rematches, but Sean deserves it ten times over before izzy.

"So, explain to me as I have missed a few fights, is Israel fighting for the title now because he earned the spot? Because as I understand it Sean Stricklands fight with Do Pleasys was very close,
and they could run it back right now. You know, did Izzy beat a top contender to get this? No? He hasn't, so he just gets elevated to a title shot just because he's Izzy?"

"I mean, he lost the title you know? And usually that will send a guy out to the road to get pick up one before you fight for a title again. I don't know, and it's not guaranteed that Izzy is gonna just jump
back in. If he does fight Do Pleasy, man, this guy is beasting. Like, I think it's a bad style match-up for Izzy. Sort of, he might drop another one and so what? This guy has lost the title, yet fought for
the title and lost that title? That puts him in a real bad spot. I don't know what they're doing over there. I would have done it a little bit different. I'd have those guys on the same card first."

"I would do it a little differently to get the fans more involved. They'd get to see a wider variety of each of those top contenders. All these guys that we're talking about. To see a little more of their variety,
you know? But that's just me. I get it, it's a business so they want that these top contenders keep fighting each other for the title, but I think that a tune-up fight for each guy would be smart, and it would
stretch the money a little longer. I guess they just want to save some money here."

"The styles make fights. So if you put a style that may be very challenging for Strickland or for Izzy, but this guy would more than likely not defeat them. Then good, you just secured these top name 185ers to go up to that next level, or you know, to showcase the fighters so that we remember "oh, how great this guy is". And it's a safer bet, it's a safer thing where the guy's not gonna get injured so then he can get back trying for that title, you know? It's strange. I don't know exactly what their mentality is over there."

Pretty good interview -- always nice to hear Mayhem in good spirits. He had some nice insight as well.

Contradicting himself.

Both Izzy and Sean lost the title without winning another fight.

Neither had a title defense.
(in current title reign)

But good to see Mayhem seemingly normal, not apparently drug affected and seeming to be of fairly clear mind.
Seans fight with Duplessi was close. Izzy lost via outclassing. I think that's where this distinction comes in. that and of course, izzy losing his title twice.

hes right ya know
who da fk gives title shots to a guy whos record is lose win lose win lose
lmao

only sherdoggers
they love this idea
but hate the idea of stipe who is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
arguably the GOAT HW
fighting jon jones is stupid

you people should just say you hate this idea
because you know jones is gonna win
puting stipes name in jones record

(hardest resume in our lifetime no ones gonna surpass that resume)
lmao

Always loved Mayhem, glad to see him like this.

Yee bless

<NewGina>

Back