Mayorga heading to MMA

Now there’s a man with an angry post, I like it.

I think liberal ideology is tethered to the gay cause because liberals espouse personal freedom, civil liberties, human rights and free thinking, whereas conservatives abhor .

Don't make me laugh Kid. Liberals love and cherish all these things, only if, everyone agrees with their ideas. Your still a great poster, but, you should stick with what your good at.

Another thread showing why Kid McCoy and the majority of this section should stay away from ever commenting on MMA, just like the majority of the heavies should stay away from commenting on boxing.

Why?
I hope I haven

Another thread showing why Kid McCoy and the majority of this section should stay away from ever commenting on MMA, just like the majority of the heavies should stay away from commenting on boxing.

Yep...this guy knows little to nothing about MMA, and he just demonstrated that he knows little about Conservative Ideology and liberal ideology.

Another boxing elitist whom is perpetually PMSing.

Getting back to the topic at hand...a former champ like Ricardo Mayorga with his never surrender, balls to the wall attitude can potentially become a forminable force in MMA. Especially with proper training and and a solid take down defense, similar to Cro Cop...yeah...we might see Mayorga knocking some people out.

People keep saying takedown defense, takedown defense, Mayorga needs takedown defense.

What makes people think that a roughneck like Mayorga would fear going to the mat in the first place ?
I think he'd willingly go to the mat and pound the $#!t out of people even more effectively there.
Dude's mean and strong with great endurance, his smoking be damned.

I think a nasty sunuvagun like Mayorga will finally be legally able to do a lot of nasty tactics that he'd have liked to do all along, but that he simply wasn't allowed to do in Boxing.

Also, I know that a couple of years back for the Fernando Vargas fight in 2007, Mayorga was training at American Top Team, the main one in Florida.
He was there to train for a boxing match, but who knows if maybe this guy has been practicing some grappling.

He'll put on a few good fights in MMA, but I think Mayorga will find the monetary compensation not what he's accustomed to.

Oh yeah, great story, Barman.
:p

All sports draw incredibly stupid people, yes, even boxing. You see drunk people with their shirts off with their faces painted at every NFL game. Are you going to attack the NFL for it? No. Because you have an anti-mma agenda.

The only people you can out-debate are the idiots. And you're good at it.

You also see a lot of families with their young kids.

I'd imagine you see less of that at a UFC event, but I can't speak with first-hand knowledge of that.

Is there anyone around now that talks the amount of crap Mayorga did? Even when he made no sense he was funny to me. I think it was conference they had on satellite on HBO where Vargas and him were in separate locations that Mayorga lit a cigarette and ignored the question to say something like "his face is smooth like my baby's ass." Made no sense but I laughed my ass off.

actually, Mayorga was making a reference to how fat Vargas had been looking. He said "you look like my son's ass, nice and round" He then lit a cigarette and continued the rest of the interview. Very funny. Watched it yesterday. You can find this gem on youtube. YouTube - vargas - mayorga interview

It is called legislative etymology and mesocontent analysis. Any political research nut knows people like 'you'.

Which largely leads me to believe that after taking two political science classes reading some articles about government fruitlessness, watching some T.V. shows where you feel above commentators, you feel self-educated, and that in all actuality you are full of sh*t.

LOL, bad troll.
Franco says I can

You also see a lot of families with their young kids.

I'd imagine you see less of that at a UFC event, but I can't speak with first-hand knowledge of that.

I'm sure you see more in places like Japan and China and possibly Canada. However MMA hasn't been doing so well in Japan since PRIDE went under and UFC is the sole face of MMA which kind of annoys me since I believe there are fighters who are better than many on the UFC roster who fight elsewhere.

After all, what is MMA but boxing plus same sex embracing entangled contact? I know people hate when it’s said but that’s the god dammed truth. It is THE sport for the gay sports fan.

I remember when people used to say that about high school wrestling minus the boxing though.

I'm sure you see more in places like Japan and China and possibly Canada. However MMA hasn't been doing so well in Japan since PRIDE went under.

I might bash mma at times.
But I really liked Pride. So, it's not so much mma that I dislike but the UFC.
Part of it also were the Pride fans. A pretty dang respectful bunch.

I might bash mma at times.
But I really liked Pride. So, it's not so much mma that I dislike but the UFC.
Part of it also were the Pride fans. A pretty dang respectful bunch.

I miss Pride, it truly gave MMA a true sport like atmosphere (excluding the freak fights of course) and I personally prefer MMA in a ring, makes the fights more entertaining. DREAM and Victory Road are just not doing anything for me, oh well at least we got Art Of War from China which is actually pretty good.

I know not all UFC viewers are like that but UFC has a lot of loud and annoying fanboys and don't get me started on the Tapout wearing wannabes.

Back to the topic at hand, more capable fighters the better, that's what MMA was supposed to be about, fighters from different backgrounds that have trained in other systems ducking it out, instead people are making it look like a system itself which I don't agree with, the best MMA fighters are mostly from and rely on specific backgrounds while also trained in other backgrounds but still has that specific style to fall back on (like Fedor has Sambo, Machida has Karate, Big Nog has BJJ and Crocop has kickboxing)

I miss Pride, it truly gave MMA a true sport like atmosphere (excluding the freak fights of course) and I personally prefer MMA in a ring, makes the fights more entertaining. DREAM and Victory Road are just not doing anything for me, oh well at least we got Art Of War from China which is actually pretty good.

I know not all UFC viewers are like that but UFC has a lot of loud and annoying fanboys and don't get me started on the Tapout wearing wannabes.

Back to the topic at hand, more capable fighters the better, that's what MMA was supposed to be about, fighters from different backgrounds that have trained in other systems ducking it out, instead people are making it look like a system itself which I don't agree with, the best MMA fighters are mostly from and rely on specific backgrounds while also trained in other backgrounds but still has that specific style to fall back on (like Fedor has Sambo, Machida has Karate, Big Nog has BJJ and Crocop has kickboxing)

Pride.....

Pride was a shithouse really. Come on, a few entertaining fights but there were definite fixes in the early Prides and according to some pro fighters (Rampage comes to mind) the same was actually true of later Pride events as well. It was as corrupt as any boxing promoter has ever been.

I'm skeptical of any Pride fight that involved prowrestlers not named sakuraba.

Pride.....

Pride was a shithouse really. Come on, a few entertaining fights but there were definite fixes in the early Prides and according to some pro fighters (Rampage comes to mind) the same was actually true of later Pride events as well. It was as corrupt as any boxing promoter has ever been.

Even Fujita? If remember correctly many of the pro wrestlers in the later years of Pride outside of Saku and Fujita got their asses kicked.

Pride had better fights some of UFC's recent main events, Big Nog vs Fedor is still better than Silva vs Griffin.

Pride.....

Didn't the luchador Don Caras Jr fight in Pride? In one of his fights he bent a guy's arm the wrong way with a beautiful belly to belly suplex. That deal with the arm wasn't a fix. I assure you. The best part of it all was they let him fight with his mask on.

The best MMA highlight of All-Time. (I think)

3rd Man by Boondock.

I wish the UFC would use the ref cam idea like Pride.

Boondock does the most amazing work with his highlight videos.

This one gets me every time though.

It nails the essence of the fight, the sportmanship, the combat, the sacrifice, the respect, everything.
It's why fight-fans get stuck on a fight-sport, keep sticking with the fight-sport.

Didn't the luchador Don Caras Jr fight in Pride? In one of his fights he bent a guy's arm the wrong way with a beautiful belly to belly suplex. That deal with the arm wasn't a fix. I assure you. The best part of it all was they let him fight with his mask on.

I thought the Dos Caras/Crocop fight looked pretty suspicious to be blunt.

All of Minowas fights against bigger guys, apart from the OWGP against Crocop. Tellme that fight with Kimo wasn't bullshit or Giant Silva.

Back