Mayweather fighting on NBC?

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So Mayweather is planning on dropping all of his current titles, and at the same time Haymon is said to be creating his own PBC title.

He's going to need to do something big to bring legitimacy to his PBC title, and what better way to do it than have the best boxer in the world fight for it on NBC?

I'm not sure if his contract specifically calls for Showtime fights.

i think the plan is to fight as quickly as possible to satisfy his showtime commitment and to break marciano's 49-0 record on the pbc

i think the plan is to fight as quickly as possible to satisfy his showtime commitment and to break marciano's 49-0 record on the pbc

Yeah, breaking Marciano's record for the PBC title on NBC

That's one thing people who keep saying boxing is done after May vs Pac forget ... people are still going to tune in to see Mayweather reach that point.

At this point, I dont have any interest in Floyd fighting again on PPV. I dont see anybody in the boxing roster beating him

I think Floyd retires after his next fight in September.

He should fight Golovkin; thats the only fight left that Floyd might lose.

I think he finishes his contract with Showtime in September, then does Haymon a solid and fights one last gimme on a PBC card and retires breaking Marciano's record.

Also don't think he would be fighting for some PBC title, as he would be retiring right after that fight.

Last edited:
The media are starting to pick up on it. Could actually be a lot of truth to this.

If so who do you think he should fight for the PBC title? Khan is my bet.

haymon seems to be capable of putting on nice undercards for PBC so Thurman vs Broner would be solid.

Wut? TBE on NBC sponsored by CBS? I thought after September said he's finished, as his 6 fight deal will have been fulfilled

**I've heard Khan and Danny Garcia being thrown around as the September opponent, but if he gets by Geale in June ... wouldn't Cotto be a good option as well?

dunno about 50-0 it seems the fans/other boxing historians have more interest in it than Mayweather.

Wouldn't be shocked if he did. He's got more money now that he'll ever need, just give something back to the fans with a big fight on NBC.

Back