Mayweather is really really really really going to make a mockery of mma

It WILL matter if McQuitter gets beaten - especially if it's not even close.

Why?

Mayweather could very well lay down the blueprint on how to beat Conor's standup. Both McQuitter & Kavanagh both have recently gone on record bragging about how all his wins are from his standup game.

If Mayweather figures out McQuitter's standup - the other top fighters in UFC will replicate it.
What? How would anyone in the UFC be able to replicate what Floyd is doing, in a boxing ring mind you, against Conor? Why wouldn't they just replicate what Nate did in the first fight?

It's not as easy as that. No one in MMA is going to be able to copy Floyd successfully, and MMA opens things up a lot so the strategies change.

if Conor goes all rounds with him then that is a win for MMA.

Saying you won when you actually lost is just embarrassing. I hope a fighter of McGregor's magnitude and reputation would never lower himself to claiming a moral victory after being beat up.

McGregor and the UFC have nothing to lose. If Conor loses, even badly, it won't prove anything other than MMA and Boxing are in fact, different sports.

Conor actually convinced a ton of UFC fans that he will knock Mayweather out. You can't pretend those people don't exist, they are all over the place saying Conor wins by knockout. If Mayweather wins, it will certainly prove something to a huge amount of UFC fans, whether they want to admit it or not.

What? How would anyone in the UFC be able to replicate what Floyd is doing, in a boxing ring mind you, against Conor? Why wouldn't they just replicate what Nate did in the first fight?

It's not as easy as that. No one in MMA is going to be able to copy Floyd successfully, and MMA opens things up a lot so the strategies change.
For starters - lateral movement, feints, setting traps. McQuitter isn't the only one who can set traps.

It doesn't need to be complicated - especially when Conor begins to slow down in the later rounds.

For starters - lateral movement, feints, setting traps. McQuitter isn't the only one who can set traps.

It doesn't need to be complicated - especially when Conor begins to slow down in the later rounds.
Wow, lateral movement, feints, setting traps? Totally new concepts! I'm sure with that in mind guys will be beating Conor left and right in MMA.

A lot of casual fight fans don't understand the difference in striking level between mma and boxing. I've heard so many times how mma guys can box with a boxer. It's just using your hands!

This will be a rude awakening to a lot of people. The type of people who don't visit a forum for discussion and info on fight sports.

I work with a bunch of people and ALL of them think Conor has a chance. He's never seen this kind of pressure! I mention a few fighters. Oh but Connors a southpaw. I mention the wash out of pacqiuao. Silence. We'll see.......

How? By beating a MMA fighter in his own sport after beating every boxer he's ever faced too?

I agree, logically it should not have that effect but people are not logical. If they were this fight would probably not be happening.

Optics are more powerful than logic, and this fight is going to yield images that make Conor look pretty awful, including the stoppage.

It WILL matter if McQuitter gets beaten - especially if it's not even close.

Why?

Mayweather could very well lay down the blueprint on how to beat Conor's standup. Both McQuitter & Kavanagh both have recently gone on record bragging about how all his wins are from his standup game.

If Mayweather figures out McQuitter's standup - the other top fighters in UFC will replicate it.

Well that assumes that they have the skills, speed and precision to pull of the kind of stuff that Mayweather does which is a big assumption. Just as important is the fact that in MMA he has his full range of striking tools which he does not have in Boxing. Mayweather is not going to show them how to stop him from using kicks to set up the left hand.

Last edited:
Wow, lateral movement, feints, setting traps? Totally new concepts! I'm sure with that in mind guys will be beating Conor left and right in MMA.
You would think it's new concepts to Conor's opponents huh?

Instead they elected to stand flat-footed & go straight at him like a rock'em sock'em robots.

Obviously you knew that - you were just being obtuse. Mayweather will reveal Conor's weaknesses standing up. It will be studied & replicated.

A lot of casual fight fans don't understand the difference in striking level between mma and boxing. I've heard so many times how mma guys can box with a boxer. It's just using your hands!

This will be a rude awakening to a lot of people. The type of people who don't visit a forum for discussion and info on fight sports.

I work with a bunch of people and ALL of them think Conor has a chance. He's never seen this kind of pressure! I mention a few fighters. Oh but Connors a southpaw. I mention the wash out of pacqiuao. Silence. We'll see.......

If ALL of them think Conor has a chance... Make 1 to 1 bets with them and RAKE in the $$$

Well that assumes that they have the skills, speed and precision to pull of the kind of stuff that Mayweather does which is a big assumption. Just as important is the fact that in MMA he has his full range of striking tools which he does not have in Boxing. Mayweather is not going to show them how to stop him from using kicks to set up the left hand.
Lets be honest - McQuitter isn't known for his kicks. Even its used to set up his left. His stance limits on what he can throw. He spams 3 punches; over & over & over. You see it when he gasses.

He's a boxer. We all seen what happens when you beat McQuitter at his own game... Insert panic wrestler gif

You would think it's new concepts to Conor's opponents huh?

Instead they elected to stand flat-footed & go straight at him like a rock'em sock'em robots.

Obviously you knew that - you were just being obtuse. Mayweather will reveal Conor's weaknesses standing up. It will be studied & replicated.
It's not just about knowing the principles, it's about applying them. By your logic, why didn't Alvarez just apply the tactics Nate used in the first fight? Hell, why didn't Nate himself do it again the second fight?

You can't just watch someone, especially someone with unique talent like Floyd and copy the style he has been doing for his entire life. More importantly, it is in a boxing ring. Copying a boxing strategy against Conor might not work in MMA.

Yes Conor primarily uses his hands, but just the reality of being able to defend takedowns, check kicks, kick, knee, elbow, clinch all these things changes up how you can apply boxing principles.

I'm not saying that MMA fighters couldn't improve their boxing to their own benefit, on the contrary, I am loving the crossover that is happening atm. I'm saying that basing your winning strategy against Conor in MMA on Floyds performance is rather dull.

It's not just about knowing the principles, it's about applying them. By your logic, why didn't Alvarez just apply the tactics Nate used in the first fight? Hell, why didn't Nate himself do it again the second fight?

You can't just watch someone, especially someone with unique talent like Floyd and copy the style he has been doing for his entire life. More importantly, it is in a boxing ring. Copying a boxing strategy against Conor might not work in MMA.

Yes Conor primarily uses his hands, but just the reality of being able to defend takedowns, check kicks, kick, knee, elbow, clinch all these things changes up how you can apply boxing principles.

I'm not saying that MMA fighters couldn't improve their boxing to their own benefit, on the contrary, I am loving the crossover that is happening atm. I'm saying that basing your winning strategy against Conor in MMA on Floyds performance is rather dull.
Everybody knows Alvarez has a glass chin. He gets dropped in just about every fight. Anyone who gave him a chance was a retard.

Nate gets boxed up & beaten by fighters who can move. Nate is flat-footed. Good boxer but flat-footed. Same w/ Khabib.

Watch how Mayweather exploits & creates openings. The moment Mayweather gets Conor's reach, its downhill from then.

Conor is a boxer first. He & his crew state this over & over. You beat him at his own game & he panics & QUITS! Thats why I say beat him at boxing & he'll self-destruct. Kapeesh?

No he wont. Everbody is saying the phrase "in a real fight, conor kills him in a minute." Hell boxing doesnt even have the athletes mma has. Boxing is on life support as is

Everybody knows Alvarez has a glass chin. He gets dropped in just about every fight. Anyone who gave him a chance was a retard.

Nate gets boxed up & beaten by fighters who can move. Nate is flat-footed. Good boxer but flat-footed. Same w/ Khabib.

Watch how Mayweather exploits & creates openings. The moment Mayweather gets Conor's reach, its downhill from then.

Conor is a boxer first. He & his crew state this over & over. You beat him at his own game & he panics & QUITS! Thats why I say beat him at boxing & he'll self-destruct. Kapeesh?
What are you even talking about now? Eddie has no chin and Nate gets out boxed by someone that can move, your point? Yes Mayweather will beat Conor, that wasn't the issue. We were talking about Conors MMA opponents copying a winning strategy against him in the cage.

Conor actually convinced a ton of UFC fans that he will knock Mayweather out. You can't pretend those people don't exist, they are all over the place saying Conor wins by knockout. If Mayweather wins, it will certainly prove something to a huge amount of UFC fans, whether they want to admit it or not.

You really think those same people won't give McGregor a pass for losing in a Boxing match? It's not going to shatter anyone's perception of him. Those fans actually have the easiest out, if Conor loses. They'll have to eat some shit for a while, but as time goes on it will become dumb to bash Conor over such a meaningless loss, and he'll be praised by those same people for having the balls to step into a boxing match with one of the all time greats.

Like I said, Conor and the UFC have nothing to lose here. At least as far as PR goes.

Can anyone explain how this hurts MMA?

Instead of just saying; This will hurt MMA

What are you even talking about now? Eddie has no chin and Nate gets out boxed by someone that can move, your point? Yes Mayweather will beat Conor, that wasn't the issue. We were talking about Conors MMA opponents copying a winning strategy against him in the cage.
After this I’m moving on.

It’s PREDICTABILITY. If Floyd makes Conor look predictable, EVERY boxing coach in MMA will study & see how their fighter can implement the method against Conor.

You'd have to be a fool to not watch this fight & see if/how Mayweather exploits him.

It's not a hard concept to understand. McQuitter & his crew brags about his stand up/boxing. Yet when he gets beat standing up - he quits. If Mayweather makes Conor look Predictable - guess what? Opponents will use this as their "winning strategy". I can't believe that I have to explain this. . . It's been real.

Can anyone explain how this hurts MMA?

Instead of just saying; This will hurt MMA
Because Mr. White & trash-talking Conor brags about how good his boxing is & that he OWNS BOXING.

So if he goes out there & looks like shit then he'll make the UFC look like idiots. I don't think MMA in general will hurt but it'll make UFC & Conor look like major league goofs for running their mouths.

Because Mr. White & trash-talking Conor brags about how good his boxing is & that he OWNS BOXING.

I'm pretty sure Dana has said 'Conor has a punchers chance' And because Conor said he owns boxing? Seriously?

So if he goes out there & looks like shit then he'll make the UFC look like idiots. I don't think MMA in general will hurt but it'll make UFC & Conor look like major league goofs for running their mouths.

In whose eyes, the 'boxing community?' Some of them have being ragging on boxing in MMA for ages. I don't see the UFC or anyone from it running their mouths off. As for Conor; I'd have thought at this point people would realise he doesn't care what folk think. If you're prepared to talk yourself up that much, you have to be prepared for the shit storm that comes your way when you lose. It seems to be an American sporting cultural thing where fans will absolutely hammer sportsmen/women/teams when they lose.

Right. Conor is DONE once Mayweather shows all these MMA guys that all you have to do to beat Conor, is fight him in a boxing match.

LOL.

Back