Economy McDonald's' prices have doubled in 10 years

Chad R. Thundercock

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
@Gold
Reaction score
0d9d1ec2fa7cb8b3ddf256b4164b9d7a

Meanwhile, a local chain of burger restaurants in Seattle called Dick's is selling $3 cheeseburgers and paying its workers $25 per hour.

jc7qpdrvk11d1.jpeg

McDonald's had a reputation for being mediocre-tasting, but cheap. Now it's mediocre-tasting and expensive. How will this business model remain sustainable in the long run? Will their greediness eventually lead to their demise?

Bonus edit: Here's a chart that compares the price increases of major fast food chains:

fast-food-prices-compared-to-inflation-1.png

Last edited:
high prices and the portion sizes keep shrinking and shrinking. ate their recently and the big mac is almost the size of a double cheeseburger from 10-15 years ago. nuggets and the chicken sandwich are smaller too.

fast food is supposed to be unhealthy and cheap not unhealthy and expensive. not just mcdonalds but other place too.

if you think high prices = greed, you simply have no idea how an economy works.

fat americans are willing to pay the prices that mcdonalds charges. so mcdonalds charges it.

and i dont think you know what sustainable means.

fat americans are willing to pay the prices that mcdonalds charges. so mcdonalds charges it.

How does that even make sense? One of the main reasons many Americans flocked to McDonald was their affordability. In spite of their major brand recognition, we all know McDonald's is mediocre in terms of quality and taste.

Why the hell should I get a Big Mac Meal from McDonald's for $12.59 when I can get a #1 (Double Double, fries and a medium drink) from In-N-Out (which is clearly superior to McDonald's in quality and taste) for only $9.20?

it's greed. shrinkflation was always a thing but why did it go into overdrive since the pandemic from every food manufacturer and fast food chain and it hasn't let up?

oh, look. we can use the pandemic as excuse to increase prices and shrink sizes forever! paper thin burger combos only $49.99!

Meanwhile, a local chain of burger restaurants in Seattle called Dick's is selling $3 cheeseburgers and paying its workers $25.

jc7qpdrvk11d1.jpeg

McDonald's had a reputation for being mediocre-tasting, but cheap. Now it's mediocre-tasting and expensive. How will this business model remain sustainable in the long run? Will their greediness eventually lead to their demise?

We need our expert opinion on this sir.

Where the fuck are you @Versez ? Lol

The craziest thing is that the hashbrown is $3.19 for one. Not too long ago they were 2 for $1

also, the fries are shit now. Even when fresh they suck. Like they have no salt

The craziest thing is that the hashbrown is $3.19 for one. Not too long ago they were 2 for $1

also, the fries are shit now. Even when fresh they suck. Like they have no salt

The fries tasted better back when they were fried in tallow. But fucking vegans and vegetarians had to ruin everything with their whininess...

Meanwhile, a local chain of burger restaurants in Seattle called Dick's is selling $3 cheeseburgers and paying its workers $25 per hour.
What state do those prices exist? Here in Indianapolis I assure a quarter pounder w/cheese meal does not cost $11.99

What state do those prices exist? Here in Indianapolis I assure a quarter pounder w/cheese meal does not cost $11.99

The chart was created by Carbon Finance, based on a study by FinanceBuzz.

Here in Los Angeles, a 1/4 lber with Cheese Meal is $12.09 1/4 lber with Cheese Deluxe Meal is $13.19 according to my UberEats app.

How does that even make sense? One of the main reasons many Americans flocked to McDonald was their affordability. In spite of their major brand recognition, we all know McDonald's is mediocre in terms of quality and taste.

Why the hell should I get a Big Mac Meal from McDonald's for $12.59 when I can get a #1 (Double Double, fries and a medium drink) from In-N-Out (which is clearly superior to McDonald's in quality and taste) for only $9.20?
i dont care what you do, what you think of the prices, or what you think of the quality of their food.

people are still buying mcdonalds at these prices, and they net 2 billion dollars in income last quarter.

Back