McGregor calling Wrestlers/Grapplers Jock Sniffers but..

Pretty sure Conor coined the term “panic wrestler”.

If you’re gonna hate on him, go with that. Jeez

Jadfp1U.gif
everyone can land a lucky punch now and then

Anyone who can say that has never trained a day in his or her life. Wrestling is indeed fight man. Getting slammed repeatedly will bruise and tire you. And in an mma context getting grounded and pounced is far worse than getting hit standing up. Just come to terms with it. He got ass whooped. Simple as that. He was lost in there. Didn't know what he was doing. Also you conveniently left out how many fouls conor committed. Over 15 in one fight. Jon jones would be goddamn proud of Conor.
Best not to engage someone with the word “Conor” and a picture of him holding a bottle of proper piss as his avatar in any conversation regarding Mcgregor they are incapable of rational thought.

Conor made the comments about boxing being a limited form of fighting before the Mayweather fight. And he's correct, of course.
Conor has made comments against safe fighters prior to the Khabib fight. He's talking about fighters who are happy to grind out "wins" by decision. Take Khabib, who has just one first round finish in the UFC, with half of his wins coming by decision.
Yet he avoids said safe fighters.

Criticising a whole discipline because he sucks at it is a loser mentality. I suck at maths so all mathematicians must be morons.
He isn't criticising a discipline. Wrestling is a skill, and one he's used occasionally in his fights. He's criticising the mindset that certain fighters have. Ones who game the system, relying on the existence of time limits and decisions to get their wins. Khabib will never be respected as a true fighter by true fight fans for this reason. It's the same reason Mike Tyson is so respected within boxing. He goes all out to finish his opponent legitimately. And as a result, is the most feared HW in boxing history, despite not being the best.

Best not to engage someone with the word “Conor” and a picture of him holding a bottle of proper piss as his avatar in any conversation regarding Mcgregor they are incapable of rational thought.
Must be tough for them.

Conor made the comments about boxing being a limited form of fighting before the Mayweather fight. And he's correct, of course.

Conor has made comments against safe fighters prior to the Khabib fight. He's talking about fighters who are happy to grind out "wins" by decision. Take Khabib, who has just one first round finish in the UFC, with half of his wins coming by decision.

Almost half of all UFC fights go to a decision. If you don’t understand, and appreciate grappling then mma isn’t the sport for you. You will be missed.

He isn't criticising a discipline. Wrestling is a skill, and one he's used occasionally in his fights. He's criticising the mindset that certain fighters have. Ones who game the system, relying on the existence of time limits and decisions to get their wins. Khabib will never be respected as a true fighter by true fight fans for this reason. It's the same reason Mike Tyson is so respected within boxing. He goes all out to finish his opponent legitimately. And as a result, is the most feared HW in boxing history, despite not being the best.
Then fuck them up then. Put them in their place if that's the case.

giphy.gif

This is just an excuse that these guys who cant defend a takedown make,paul daley,nick diaz all of them have done this.

the pic is a parody of the Joker poster

my last one was far more obnoxious

This thread does remind me of yellow cards in Pride...those were the days

in BJJ you risk your opponent submitting you, but BJJ guys that dont go for submissions and just maintain position are just as bad. So Im possibly being unfair to wrestlers for effect in this thread. There are BJJ guys that are equally as bad, they just aint as good at getting the fight where they want lol

point fighters are boring but they take risks by striking. Anyone can be KO'd with the little gloves on, even elite strikers have been KO'd by far worse strikers

Um, wrestlers can get submitted too? Or get upkicked. Or catch a flying knee or well-timed uppercut when they shoot. Or knock themselves out with a slam. Stop cherry-picking.

"true fight fans" = anyone who holds my opinion. Let me guess, someone who respects Khabib's accomplishments as a fighter is by default a casual?

so you are admitting that they avoid risk and need to get to a dominant position before they engage in actually fighting?

its about time

No, because the avoiding risk bit and achieving a dominant position in the first place? Yeah, that's actually fighting, too.

Um, wrestlers can get submitted too? Or get upkicked. Or catch a flying knee or well-timed uppercut when they shoot. Or knock themselves out with a slam. Stop cherry-picking.

"true fight fans" = anyone who holds my opinion. Let me guess, someone who respects Khabib's accomplishments as a fighter is by default a casual?

No, because the avoiding risk bit and achieving a dominant position in the first place? Yeah, that's actually fighting, too.
pretty hard to get subbed when you are locked around your opponents waist, pinning them to the floor

Conor is one of the last people to talk about others fighter "mentality" with the amount of times hes gave up and tapped out like a bitch.
English. Use your words. I know what you're saying though. Conor's mentality may be flawed too, but this is besides the point. He's criticising "crotch sniffers", and that's the subject. He isn't that. Whether or not Conor has the "bitch" mentality you're suggesting is an entirely different subject. And one I disagree with you on. The fact that he fights like he does (going after his opponent) is BECAUSE he has a lot of heart, and less fear than other fighters. His submission losses are just him going out on his shield after his risky plans fail. By criticising him you've just given him a backhanded compliment.

Or get robbie Lawlered like what happened to askren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back