McGregor is a tease, has been, and disappointment

McGregor could buy and sell your whole bum life and family.

Grow up.

Get out of here with this lame rematch and talking about old man Diego Ssnchez. He should fight Usman or Masvidal.

This bum is taking easy matches, fighting other bums.

Super harsh calling Poirier a bum, surely you jest?

Drinking and drugs largely ruined him, and making large money exacerbated those issues. He lacks serious discipline in those areas.

His personality also completely jumped the shark around the time of Khabib. He used to be interesting, but now I just cringe watching him try to talk shit. I think the insecurities he buried deep resurfaced during that particular bout lead up (he tried to mask them by pounding whiskey, which was a monumental fail), and he's still trying to recover.

I'm not even very intrigued by another fight with Dustin. I mean, I'll watch it, but I'm only mildly hyped. It's such a safe fight for him that I can't bring myself to get too excited about it. Gaethje would've been better.

Drinking and drugs largely ruined him, and making large money exacerbated those issues. He lacks serious discipline in those areas.

His personality also completely jumped the shark around the time of Khabib. He used to be interesting, but now I just cringe watching him try to talk shit. I think the insecurities he buried deep resurfaced during that particular bout lead up (he tried to mask them by pounding whiskey, which was a monumental fail), and he's still trying to recover.

I'm not even very intrigued by another fight with Dustin. I mean, I'll watch it, but I'm only mildly hyped. It's such a safe fight for him that I can't bring myself to get too excited about it. Gaethje would've been better.
Poirier beat Gaethje
giphy.gif

Reason why Conor McGregor is Infinite times more popular and respected than any other fighter will ever be is because he doesnt just talk the talk but also walks the walk.
Does anyone respect McGregor?

The Mayweather fight was amazing for his pocket book but ended his fight career unfortunately. He’s won one fight against an old beat up Cowboy in last three years

Uncle Dana really ducked up letting him take that ridiculous freak fight.

Poirier is a tougher match up for conor than gaethje

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

I disagree, as mine is different. I think Justin is tougher to put away, thus making it a tougher fight for Conor. That, and I like the leg kick approach Justin brings, as opposed to the primarily hand exchange approach Dustin will likely use again against Conor, probably leading to another KO/TKO.

Feel free to share your argument as to why you believe otherwise.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

I disagree, as mine is different. I think Justin is tougher to put away, thus making it a tougher fight for Conor. That, and I like the leg kick approach Justin brings, as opposed to the primarily hand exchange approach Dustin will likely use again against Conor, probably leading to another KO/TKO.

Feel free to share your argument as to why you believe otherwise.
Poirier is a sharp boxer and a submission threat.gaethje is neither

Conor is a good enough grappler that he can avoid Dustin's subs, and even roll with him without much of a care. Conor has to be broken before he'll get tapped in this fight, and I don't see Dustin having the wrestling pressure to do it.

Poirier isn't sharper than Conor is with his hands, that's why Justin's leg kick approach provides a uniquely different stand up dilemma for Conor. Dustin's toughness could see him through a couple of mishaps, if he's not hit clean.

It's a more interesting match up for me, contrasted with a fight that probably ends just like the last one did.

I love how when Conor took the Cowboy fight his haters were shitting on him for not fighting Dustin. That he was afraid of the rematch, of fighting a true contender, a hard fight.

Now that Conor is actually fighting Dustin, now Dustin all of a sudden is a walkover, a cake walk, and Conor is pathetic for picking this fight
I don't know exactly who you're referring to, and where you've seen such posts, but I don't recall seeing anyone name Dustin specifically...what people were finding pathetic, ftom what I remember, was that they'd give Conor a washed up guy fresh off two losses by stoppage instead of a ranked opponent. Dustin was and is still ranked, indeed, but let's face it, they still found a way to give him a guy he already beat. It's still a decent fight, but it still feels somewhat like a more "secure" pick for him than most other folks in that top 5.

Poirier got taken down at will by Dan Hooker of all people...and that guillotine wasn't much of a threat from what I remember of that fight.

I love Dustin and hate Conrat, but Conrat's boxing is much better than Dustin's, or at the very least it matches up advantageously against Dustin's boxing.

I give Dustin a 15% chance of winning this, honestly. And I'd give Gaethje 30%. Both guys' styles just don't really match up all that well against Conor's.

Poirier got taken down at will by Dan Hooker of all people...and that guillotine wasn't much of a threat from what I remember of that fight.

I love Dustin and hate Conrat, but Conrat's boxing is much better than Dustin's, or at the very least it matches up advantageously against Dustin's boxing.

I give Dustin a 15% chance of winning this, honestly. And I'd give Gaethje 30%. Both guys' styles just don't really match up all that well against Conor's.
Gaethje is extremely tough and can fight late. But Dustin is tough too. I would say the chin is Gaethje’s biggest asset over Dustin in a fight with conor, but stylistically Dustin presents more problems imo

He already fought him and his fights are so infrequent that he's boring now. He used to be active. Nothing like when he was at his peak before the Dos Anjos fight that didn't happen or after he took the belt from Alvarez. Guy is just meh, taking the easy fights.
The more fighters get paid, the less they fight, unfortunately.

Back