McGregor mayweather in 4 oz glove

Roukas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought this would of been way better? When I saw how big the gloves were I immediately knew Connor lost lol

Am I the only one who thought this would of been way better? When I saw how big the gloves were I immediately knew Connor lost lol

It took you that long to figure it Conor was going to lose?

In 4 oz gloves, Conor loses by round 8 and suffers massive cuts to his face. Bleeds like a mofo.

Floyd hits harder than Conor, so 4 oz gloves benefit Floyd more. Floyd probably gives Conor brain damage with smaller gloves, and knocks him out quicker.

Boxers in general and Floyd specifically have better chins and punch resistance than MMA fighters. If Floyd walked through Conors punches in 8 oz gloves, he might feel it a bit more in 4oz, but still probably survive what ever Conor had for him.

conor haves no power-precision-speed-fight IQ compared to good-elite boxers

he would get TKOed early

Boxers in general and Floyd specifically have better chins and punch resistance than MMA fighters.

I don't really agree with this. Boxers have better punch defense (plus punches are all they have to worry about), so it's much harder to land a clean knockout punch in boxing than it is in MMA. You have good chins and mediocre chins in both sports.

I don't really agree with this. Boxers have better punch defense (plus punches are all they have to worry about), so it's much harder to land a clean knockout punch in boxing than it is in MMA. You have good chins and mediocre chins in both sports.

I dunno. When someone like Conor can be considered a knock out artist in MMA, and just looks completely pillow fisted in boxing, it makes you question the chins of MMA fighters relative to boxers. It just does.

Someone like Amir Khan is considered to have a mediocre chin in boxing, but I wonder if in MMA , in his weight class, he might be considered to have a granite chin, if the likes of Conor are knock-out artists. I think Khan could actually survive hits from Conor flush, and I tend to think of Khan as having a glass jaw.

Same result but it ends earlier and Floyd breaks his hands.

I'd give Conor a better chance not a very good one. 4oz would take away he high guard option Floyd used when he turned the pace up and Conors early pressure would cause more damage but I'd still put my money on a 9th/10th round stoppage for Floyd.

As long as boxing rules apply, Floyd wins with no gloves, butt nekkid in the middle of St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

I dunno. When someone like Conor can be considered a knock out artist in MMA, and just looks completely pillow fisted in boxing, it makes you question the chins of MMA fighters relative to boxers. It just does.

Someone like Amir Khan is considered to have a mediocre chin in boxing, but I wonder if in MMA , in his weight class, he might be considered to have a granite chin, if the likes of Conor are knock-out artists. I think Khan could actually survive hits from Conor flush, and I tend to think of Khan as having a glass jaw.
But he never really tested Floyd's chin. He hit him with a bunch of glancing blows and pitter pat shots to the top of the head. He never once hit Floyed flush with a power shot like he did to Alvarez, Aldo, Mendez, etc. No doubt Floyd has a good chin, but you sure couldn't tell if he does or doesn't from the Conor fight.

But he never really tested Floyd's chin. He hit him with a bunch of glancing blows and pitter pat shots to the top of the head. He never once hit Floyed flush with a power shot like he did to Alvarez, Aldo, Mendez, etc. No doubt Floyd has a good chin, but you sure couldn't tell if he does or doesn't from the Conor fight.

The uppercut from Conor hit Floyd flush on the chin, and he shrugged it off. Paulie Malanaggi even said that if a puncher with real power in boxing hit Floyd with that shot (a Manny, Canelo or GGG), Floyd would have been knocked the fuck out.

It's a combination of Floyd having a far better chin than anyone Conor has ever faced, and Conor having not much power by boxing standards.

Back