Media McGregor on his UFC return: “There’s no talk about anything, so I wonder what’s next", talks possible 4th Poirier fight

I'm no McGregor fan but imagine keeping your biggest draw shelved when he wants to fight.
They're renegotiating their broadcast deals next year so they want Conor under contract while that happens. That's where he brings in the most money for them.

I think this dudes become a victim of his own success. Seemingly put on the shelf by the UFC, and too much money to really care about it. It'd be quite easy to go off the rails with all that money and no purpose.

Chandler will look like an absolute idiot if this fight never happens. Just wasted prime years. Guy is gonna turn 38 next month and could have fought 3 times already.

No, its Dana who's going to look like an idiot & an absolute liar.

We know Dana's a liar over numerous issues over the last 20 years, but every time he's been asked about McGregor/Conor he's insisted that when Conor returns he's going to fight Chandler and he hasn't entertained publicly another opponent.

Most of Dana's lies are quickly forgotten by the majority of everybody, but if he goes back on his word on this one its never going to be forgotten.

Chandler just needs to admit now, that it's not happening. it's time to move on. if it was going to happen, it should have right after TUF. that should have been red flag #1. i feel like it is very obvious that it wasn't going happen. he has sat out for 2 years now waiting for this to happen, when he could have had 3-4 fights, barn burners, more highlights, etc, etc. move on. let it go. elsa.

No more rematches. Let someone else wear the red panties.

Chandler gotta move on and forget about this guy. He’s wasting his prime years waiting for something that won’t happen.

Seems like the UFC realizes that he's not taking it seriously and just trying to fight out his contract, so that he can try to get some of that Saudi Monopoly money before it dries up.

it's crazy the amount of politics that goes into signing fights for big fighters. dana and co moving pieces on a chess board while dudes are just trying to scrap. 'conor doesnt need the money' which is precisely why it should be pretty easy to negotiate terms as long as youre not taking advantage of the situation. theres no way that he doesnt not want to fight anymore. regardless of how it's going to turn out (pretty badly i presume) the guy wants to bang. let him bang

Something seems off, surely he didn't piss hot?

St. Patrick's day festivities. Of course he wasn't going to fight 1Q24. Conor will be back now that St. Paddy's is behind us.

Not many fights to get excited for in mma anymore atleast Connor is exciting. I mean fighters arent rocket scientists or nobel prize winners so give him a break.
I didnt watch the last Dustin fight Id watch if Connor fought him.
2 days left till roadhouse too oooooooo FLORIDA BROTHAS REPRESENT. Well be eating faces off in support BY GAWD.

poirier a 4th time, that is cringe to the point of disbelief. maybe he's the only guy in the division he still thinks he has a chance against.

Conor McGregor will never fight again in the Octagon. In the streets, who knows.

Conor vs Poirier 4, winner fights winner of Islam vs Charles

I want to see Conor vs Gaethje...lets see how titanium that leg is with Justin kicking it a couple of dozen times.
Justin retires Conor

Back